• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yep.

Imagine if the referee hadn't bottled it during their match yesterday, too. They'd have a point less.

Atkinson should have reduced Wigan to ten men, Gomez kicked Holtby in the face while he was on a yellow already. Then we might not have needed the dubious late free kick.

I wonder what team Martinez will use against City. They beat Arsenak at the Emirates last season but I can't see then doing that two days after a cup final unless he plays the second string.

Lightning

Banned
You do know that you are still behind Spurs as it stands? 2 points ahead but they have a game in hand. Granted, they are yet to go to the Bridge but if they win there, it's out of Arsenal's hands.
You do realize Chelsea need to go to Old Trafford and if you happen to lose then you can't afford to drop the Spurs game or your the ones who miss out.

Empty

@mufc_facebook

robin =
R - red for evertime
O - of course he loves united!
B - babis love van persie
I - in the net!!
N - no time for losers!

edit: beaten. haha.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You do realize Chelsea need to go to Old Trafford and if you happen to lose then you can't afford to drop the Spurs game or your the ones who miss out.

It's precarious for everybody. Arsenal have wobbled against Wigan and Newcastle before, likewise Spurs with Stoke and Chelsea. If Chelsea lose at OT and don't beat Spurs, it's Everton on the last day which is awful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nobody cares about Juve honey

jJoQIpygE9HIP.jpg

BI9DW-gCcAIM86E.jpg:large

BI9D9iQCMAA4eAW.jpg:large

CHILE > COLOMBIA

qindarka

Banned

Yes, I do realise that. It's not guaranteed though. Just saying that as of the moment, Arsenal can potentially win out and still miss out on top 4 and that it may not be a good idea to start gloating at Spurs yet.

It's precarious for everybody. Arsenal have wobbled against Wigan and Newcastle before, likewise Spurs with Stoke and Chelsea. I Cheksea lose at OT and don't beat Spurs, it's Everton on the last day that could cost them.

I'm more worried about Villa. Away to a team fighting relegation is more troublesome than a home game against Everton with nothing to play for.

Lightning

Banned
Yes, I do realise that. It's not guaranteed though. Just saying that as of the moment, Arsenal can potentially win out and still miss out on top 4 and that it may not be a good idea to start gloating at Spurs yet.
I understand that but looking at the fixtures ours aren't bad if we beat QPR, the City game should wear out Wigan after we've had 10 days rest, and then it's Newcastle.

Spurs have Southampton, Stoke away, Chelsea away and Sunderland. Kinda tough to win them all.

Chelsea have United away, Spurs home, Villa away, Everton at home. Tough fixtures but you can afford a loss because of us and Spurs dropping points this weekend.

Randdalf

There needs to be a medieval open world EVE with no quick travel. Plus instead of corporations and all that, you have a feudal structure with potentially different countries with kings and lords and the like. Would be insane.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:D

But seriously, since the CL games against you guys I really started to like u guys. It's just a nice and friendly team.

It's gonna be easy to hate us next season with fucking Ibra up front and Sanchez diving all over the pitch next to him.

Suen said:
Yurt, his tone would be different if you guys knew how to play football.

The others? Maybe. But not Blablurn. ;)

Suen

It's gonna be easy to hate us next season with fucking Ibra up front and Sanchez diving all over the pitch next to him.

The others? Maybe. But not Blablurn. ;)
I like you guys because you have Buffon. If you get Ibra I'll like you more :lol

Javi Guerra scored for Valladolid a minute ago, Sevillol.

Lightning

Banned
I wonder what team Martinez will use against City. They beat Arsenak at the Emirates last season but I can't see then doing that two days after a cup final unless he plays the second string.
Surely Martinez wouldn't field a second string team in a FA cup final?

Dibbz

Sagna I am so fucking disappoint. Fucking threw the game away. Corporal Jenk needs a call up. These last few weeks are going to be tense. Hopefully Wigan get relegated so they have nothing left to play for and makes out run in a bit easier. Even QPR might be a slog though, since we scrapped through with our teeth with a lucky decision earlier in the season.

I will take a point from that game as a decent result, but holy fuck that was an awful match. Absolute tripe from both sides, at least United have an excuse for their performance.

I am genuinely concerned as far as top 4 goes though, I realise we have the seemingly more favourable games to come, but being in a position where we could win all our remaining games and still miss out is terrifying. Balls.

Scum

I will take a point from that game as a decent result, but holy fuck that was an awful match. Absolute tripe from both sides, at least United have an excuse for their performance.

I am genuinely concerned as far as top 4 goes though, I realise we have the seemingly more favourable games to come, but being in a position where we could win all our remaining games and still miss out is terrifying. Balls.

QPR couldn't be arsed to today. Wigan will thinking of Wemberley. You'll win your last three games with no worries and we'll be out CL football again.

Linius

I know you are all fed up with it but... go Arnhem !!

You can root all you want, but there's really nothing more to get for them this season. Can't see PSV and Feyenoord both failing to make it to second place. EL football for Vitesse it is.

What's up with this EVE game? I don't understand it :p

It's... hard to explain but

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14666827

http://www.destructoid.com/one-pilot-s-mistake-leads-to-massive-battle-in-eve-online-243509.phtml

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...destroy-eve-online-economy-is-f-ing-brilliant

A simple operation went horribly wrong when a Titan pilot from the ClusterFuck Coalition (CFC) clicked the wrong button. Instead of warping his fleet to his location, he warped himself alone into the territory of the Pandemic Legion (PL). PL had a prime target with a solo Titan so they began the assault. CFC didn't want to lose their Titan, so they called for back-up, and the reinforcements started to come in droves. Many EVE players use messaging services like IRC, Jabber, or even their cell phones to always be on call when things like this happen.

Pilots called in their corporations to help out, and then entire alliances began to show up. PL is a part of the HoneyBadger Coalition, and they decided that they would also rally their forces to the fight. Something like this can be a good excuse to blast someone you don't like. If anyone had a grudge against someone, this was a good time to join the opposing side. It's sort of like how everyone got involved in World War II. Allies called on allies and some people just hated Germany so they joined in the war.

In the Battle of Asakai, 717,033,768,274 ISK worth of ships were destroyed -- or $24,921.30, converted to US currency.

That is the kind of crazy shit that happens there. It's a crazy game and if you try to play it would will have no idea what you are doing for at least a few months

Top Bottom