• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Salazar

Do you really think Nani was that bad?

I don't think he was good. Sagna was, to drastically understate it, there for the taking.

We were fucking terrible all over for much of the game, though.

Likewise, we looked much better with Ando in than wirh Jones.

Yeah. I fear Jones becoming a regular league starter outside CB next season. I don't want our side to have room or need for an "exuberant" emergency tackler around midfield. Fuck his energy, tbh.

I've just seen the highlights from yesterday, seemed a pretty good match to watch. Flamini knows no limits now, three goals in four games is something out of this world, Pazzini is finally back with his ugly goals, just like Balo, who's back with his beautiful (Pen.). I'm starting to worry about El Shaa, he scored only once in 2013 and it seemed that he's about to lose it. We have to be careful now, the next four games are going to be really tense, it will be a big step for the youngsters.
Really long post
I'd say: Juventus and Napoli to the CL Group Stage, Milan to the playoffs, Fiorentina, Udinese and Roma to the EL, Pescara, Siena and Palermo (sorry Wooden & Joe) relegated, Roma to win the Coppa Italia.

I probably got something wrong with the Coppa Italia-Europa League stuff.
Nope, I think I got it.
Does it matter? Serie A teams don't give a shit about Europa League.
As long as they get to the group stage it's fine. They'll earn something just to "survive" the rest of the season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Meggiorini called Pogba "Brutto nero" (ugly black).

Ugly and empty from the inside, maybe. But from the outside? Pogba is pretty hot.

1912822_w2.jpg

I don't think he was good. Sagna was, to drastically understate it, there for the taking.

We were fucking terrible all over for much of the game, though.

Yeah. I fear Jones becoming a regular league starter outside CB next season. I don't want our side to have room or need for an "exuberant" emergency tackler around midfield. Fuck his energy, tbh.

I think my problem with the whole 'Nani out' thing is that even on his worst day he's more likely to do something creative than Valencia or Young on their respective worst days, and let's face it - good days are very few and far between for all our wingers atm. I'd sooner ship Valencia and Young to be honest.

Mastadon

Banned
That and Giaccherini is quite small. :lol

It looks like he could palm him like a basketball!

Yurt, Pescara have been a grave disappointment to me this season and I no longer feel in a position to give them my support. I have now decided that I am a Sassuolo supporter, in time for their glorious rise into Serie A next year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It looks like he could palm him like a basketball!

Yurt, Pescara have been a grave disappointment to me this season and I no longer feel in a position to give them my support. I have now decided that I am a Sassuolo supporter, in time for their glorious rise into Serie A next year.

:lol well they have Zabo's favourite player, Richmond Bukkake!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sportmediaset: Juventus have decided on Ibrahimovic. Raiola has convinced Ibra to take a paycut to join Juve.

+ Verratti could switch agents & become one of Raiola's players & could arrive in Turin as well

All. Over. My. Face.

Edit: Damn you Yurt, I thought that was his real name. What am I supposed to tell my boss when she asks why I'm googling Bukkake at work
again
?

If it's any consolation, I googled it too to make sure I got the right number of K's. :p

bjaelke

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m
243 - The number of corners Arsenal have taken in the Premier League, from which they have scored three goals. Practice. @nmanix #AskOpta

Now that's a horrible conversion rate.

Salazar

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m
243 - The number of corners Arsenal have taken in the Premier League, from which they have scored three goals. Practice. @nmanix #AskOpta

To adapt Alan Hansen, you'll win nothing with cowards and midgets.

Carbonox

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m

Arsenal should sign Andy Carroll and then they will win the AFC Champions League and CONCACAF Gold Cup through corner goals only.

Carbonox

i want to lick the asshole of the pretty girl sitting in front of me in the library.

god she's so pretty

The key to success is to do it without her noticing. Or just hit her on the back of the head with a tonk encyclopedia. There would be many in your library.

WriterGK

Utrecht won again yesterday, 57 points out of 32 games now, the 2nd best season EVER.

fc-utrecht-juicht(28-04-2013)(1).jpg

I am surprised as well how good they are playing this season.Since all there top players were sold the last few years and they had huge financial problems.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I just realised that Spurs have won the YPOY back to back, Walker last year, Bale this. Not bad. Next year Alex Pritchard.

Game of Thrones time!

I'm taking a break from GAF for a while guys. Be good in my absence. Don't be JTs to one another, you hear? Good luck to all your teams in all their endeavours in the run in to the end of the season. Ciao.

Hope all is good Wes, and good luck with whatever reason you got yourself banned for. I hope Villa wins tonight and stay up!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He really kicked on, didn't he, lol

He'll come good, we just have to wait for brain transplant technology to become available. Or he could just learn to cross early once in a while. Whichever comes first.

bud

I'm taking a break from GAF for a while guys. Be good in my absence. Don't be JTs to one another, you hear? Good luck to all your teams in all their endeavours in the run in to the end of the season. Ciao.

wes! ;_;

take care, dude.

Wilbur

Banned
Wes, speak soon my love. Hope Villa can stay up!

Question: how is it confirmed that QPR and Reading are relegated if both can still match Villa's 34 points in 17th?

Salazar

Oli Winton ‏@OliWinton 1h
Some Arsenal fans yesterday were the first I've ever heard to be proud of their high ticket prices and mock those annoyed at them as poor.

lol

Wilbur

Banned
On the game yesterday, was disappointing but I didn't really expect much. Actually thought we were gonna lose because we were playing for fuck all, but thankfully despite showing little effort we're still miles better than an Arsenal side that actually try.

Valencia was shockingly bad and I was almost screaming in the pub for him to just voluntarily sub himself before I fucking exploded. Think - despite the goal - RVP let the occasion get to him and we should have started Chicha or Welbeck. Hopefully the former and Kagawa start next week, because it was a very one note performance, no variation in our attacks; at least with those two on you could hypothesise that the two would combine for through balls past the last defender. As it is, it was just over hit cross after over hit cross.

Bale winning both awards makes sense technically, but it's a shame to see players like Benteke and Lukaku go unrewarded. Can't necessarily argue with him winning - everyone on the main list was really good to be fair.

Team of the year's a really solid one if you ignore any sense of tactical shape and just crowbar in some players. When I get home later I'm gonna post mine, with some lovely pictures.

bjaelke

City are closing in on strike ace Edinson Cavani as they begin to re-build for next season.

But the Blues are not prepared to pay the full £52m which triggers a release clause for the Napoli star, who is also being pursued by Paris St Germain and has attracted strong interest from Real Madrid and Chelsea.

That means there is some hard bargaining ahead as Napoli have their iconic hitman tied up on a contract until 2017 – although they cannot afford to turn down a lucrative offer.
Reports in Italy suggest City have mooted the possibility of Micah Richards, who they value at £15m, being part of the deal.
That's not how you bargain.

So, I was wandering around whoscored and I noticed that we have some good strikers indeed: El Shaarawy scored 16 goals, Pazzini 15, Balotelli 8 (and we still have 4 games to play). When we won the Scudetto in 2010/2011, Ibra scored 14 goals, Pato 14 and Binho 14. It's pretty good considering that Balo came in three months ago, Pazzo was out for a month and El Shaa stopped scoring in 2013.

I also noticed something else - against the top 7 teams of the Serie A:

-from August to January we got 4 points out of 21 (Juve W, Napoli D) and lost 17 (Inter-Fiorentina-Udinese-Roma-Lazio L, Napoli D),
-then we got 9 points out of 18 vs 6 of them (Udinese-Lazio W, Inter-Fiorentina-Napoli D, Juve L, we still have to play the home game vs Roma).

This means that this year we got 13 points out of 39 with the big teams: we absolutely need to get back to win these games. I'm not saying that we could've won the Scudetto because the current team is clearly not ready, but at least we could've been at the 2nd spot and maybe have some points between us and Napoli. Next year is going to be vital to be more cynical.

Top Bottom