• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

One or two papers citing "a source" from Barca that they'd consider an offer for Cesc. I can't believe they'd be willing to sell him to be honest, considering his goals/assists ratio for the club. But if he were to, it'd be hilarious if he signed for Man Utd.

On this topic of transfers, I would be really surprised if Townsend remains with QPR. The guy could play for any of the top teams in the PL

jtb

Banned
One or two papers citing "a source" from Barca that they'd consider an offer for Cesc. I can't believe they'd be willing to sell him to be honest, considering his goals/assists ratio for the club. But if he were to, it'd be hilarious if he signed for Man Utd

hilarious? I'd weep. He's the solution to every midfield problem United has, and then some.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
417.jpg

KuGsj.gif

One or two papers citing "a source" from Barca that they'd consider an offer for Cesc. I can't believe they'd be willing to sell him to be honest, considering his goals/assists ratio for the club. But if he were to, it'd be hilarious if he signed for Man Utd.

On this topic of transfers, I would be really surprised if Townsend remains with QPR. The guy could play for any of the top teams in the PL

Dont believe that, Cesc is essential for Barcelona's future.

Coutinho is only good against easy teams, just like Liverpool's squad. Suarez couldn't even score against us.

Kinda hard to score against you lot when you're given penalties for nothing and situations in which two players double-foot one another (one being a genuine, leg-breaking double-footer) is interpreted as a red card for one player, and a pat on the back for the other.

The 'good against easy teams' is actually quite annoying disingenuous btw.

Man City - Played well twice, should have won both
Man Utd - Played poorly for precisely one half across both game, numbers unfairly lopsided at Anfield
Arsenal - Played poorly at home, played well away (although we wilted after conceding)
Spurs - Played well away and should have come out of the game with something, won at home
Chelsea - Drew away, played okay and drew at home.
Everton - Deserved to win away, yet to play them at home

So that's precisely one and a half matches from 11 in which we were genuinely poor.

If Barca don't score within 10 minutes, they're out. Momentum is the only thing that can rescue the situation.

qindarka

Banned
http://news.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/football-pundit-eats-rat-after-losing-chelsea-player-bet-718244

A French football pundit has gone through with a vow to "eat a rat".

Former Marseille defender Eric De Meco made the remark three years ago, in reference to Spanish footballer Cesar Azpilicueta.

When Marseille signed Azpilicueta in 2010, their then-president Jean-Claude Dassier said the player would turn out to be "Spain's future right-back."

This was dismissed by pundit De Meco, who added: "If that happens, I'll eat a rat."

Fast forward to 2013, and it has happened.

Azpilicueta, who now plays for Chelsea, made his full Spain debut in February.

And true to his word, De Meco, who broadcasts on the French radio station RMC, has now eaten a rat.

He did it live on air this week. De Meco polished off a helping of coypu - a type of river rat - washed down by a glass of red wine.

The entire stomach-churning incident was caught on video.

Good of him to actually follow it up.

Meier

I am addicted to Bejeweled on iOS. Anyone have it? I wanna compete against you on the leaderboards

My fiancee is a beast at Bejeweled 2 but she hasn't really played it in ages. She was quite highly ranked on my Xbox at one point.

I think Clichy is pretty solid and he was a great piece of business at his price, but City should do everything in their power to sign Baines this summer. He would be such a massive upgrade and wouldn't cost THAT much. We can't let United get him.

Wilbur

Banned
My fiancee is a beast at Bejeweled 2 but she hasn't really played it in ages. She was quite highly ranked on my Xbox at one point.

I think Clichy is pretty solid and he was a great piece of business at his price, but City should do everything in their power to sign Baines this summer. He would be such a massive upgrade and wouldn't cost THAT much. We can't let United get him.

Don't think we will tbh. He'll cost around 20m and I can't see us spending that on a left back.

Not that he isn't worth that, but it won't sate Froggie's striker fetish

Kinda hard to score against you lot when you're given penalties for nothing and situations in which two players double-foot one another (one being a genuine, leg-breaking double-footer) is interpreted as a red card for one player, and a pat on the back for the other.

The 'good against easy teams' is actually quite annoying disingenuous btw.

Man City - Played well twice, should have won both
Man Utd - Played poorly for precisely one half across both game, numbers unfairly lopsided at Anfield
Arsenal - Played poorly at home, played well away (although we wilted after conceding)
Spurs - Played well away and should have come out of the game with something, won at home
Chelsea - Drew away, played okay and drew at home.
Everton - Deserved to win away, yet to play them at home

So that's precisely one and a half matches from 11 in which we were genuinely poor.

If Barca don't score within 10 minutes, they're out. Momentum is the only thing that can rescue the situation.

The end result is always disappointing, you chok far too easily in big games. The sort of cool and no pressure situation against a team like Wigan ends with Suarez scoring a hatrick, thus ending up with you playing good. Then you go against City and make it a comedy house.

Looking at the list you know what I mean, played well, end with a draw or a lose. I'm surprised Liverpool managed to draw both City games considering how well you played all the 4 halfs, but that's what I mean by choking.

Meier

Don't think we will tbh. He'll cost around 20m and I can't see us spending that on a left back.

Not that he isn't worth that, but it won't sate Froggie's striker fetish

I sure hope not. He's still youngish (should play at a similar level for at least another full contract term) and would be so dangerous at United especially given the poor wing play you guys have dealt with this year. Mancini's love of having his FBs get forward and send in so many crosses means he'd be the perfect player for our team.

What are your (and Lucifer's) thoughts on Boateng?

i think he could have been a great CM but allegri clearly does not see things this way. if he is going to be our RW i'd rather just sell him and let niang play RW or sign someone like cerci who is a natural winger.

if we get a new manager that likes prince as a CM, though, then i would keep him. i think a midfield trio of prince/de jong/monto would be pretty decent, physically and technically. we would still need at least one other quality midfielder though.

Wilbur

Banned
I sure hope not. He's still youngish (should play at a similar level for at least another full contract term) and would be so dangerous at United especially given the poor wing play you guys have dealt with this year. Mancini's love of having his FBs get forward and send in so many crosses means he'd be the perfect player for our team.

How old is he now, 28? If we were given 100m I'd certainly make a 20m for him as it would improve us in a position we need to replace, he'd be the right age for someone like Fabio to develop a bit more, he's dynamite in attack like you say... but I can't see it. And I don't see City going for him either to be honest. Clichy's still a good age and he's coming off a pretty good year, I couldn't fault him for City's failings this season.

I'd love Baines and I think if he is going to go to any top club it'll be us, but I just don't see it.

Clegg

We've been linked with Baines for years now.

Can't see us signing him at 28 even though he'd be a definite upgrade on Evra.

@Frank and Lucifer

What's going to happen to Nocerino, Flamini and Muntari next season?

no idea. i guess it depends on what we do in the market. we are probably going to get rid of at least one of those three and traore no matter what, because we are promoting bryan cristante to the first team and need to make room.

a few weeks ago i would have said flamini is most likely to leave, but he has been huge the past couple of games. at the moment i think we will probably off-load nocerino.

premierleague: Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Chelsea on 05/05/13. #MUNCHE #BPL

What a fucking surprise.

premierleague: Mike Dean has been appointed referee for Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur on 08/05/13. #CHETOT #BPL

This doesn't fill me with any confidence either.

Feorax

What happens with Baines is all down to what Everton do next season. Quite frankly, Everton could go either way. Merseyside clubs recently aren't exactly known for kicking on following successful seasons.

Meier

How old is he now, 28? If we were given 100m I'd certainly make a 20m for him as it would improve us in a position we need to replace, he'd be the right age for someone like Fabio to develop a bit more, he's dynamite in attack like you say... but I can't see it. And I don't see City going for him either to be honest. Clichy's still a good age and he's coming off a pretty good year, I couldn't fault him for City's failings this season.

I'd love Baines and I think if he is going to go to any top club it'll be us, but I just don't see it.

Yeah, no real complaints for me about Clichy -- he's a very solid player and has had two nice seasons at City. Definitely prone to a mistake or two though that can be costly but he has an absolute engine and works incredibly hard.. his pace is really quite shocking. I think he's easily a £15m player and we got him for £6+m. I just think Baines would be even better suited for City's team so if we did somehow get him this summer, I'd be ecstatic.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd love Baines at United, should of just paid whatever Everton wanted last season £12m was it?

Bargain.

Seriously? Fuck me.

God I wish I was in charge of our transfer budget. I'll leave everything else to Fergie but I know we'll miss out on some good players.

What happens with Baines is all down to what Everton do next season. Quite frankly, Everton could go either way. Merseyside clubs recently aren't exactly known for kicking on following successful seasons.

Depends if they sell Fellaini I think. Can't see them getting rid of their two best players.

I can´t stop laughing at the last scene of the new Fast & Furious 6 trailer. That thing seems so fucking stupidly impossible but I can´t wait to see it on the big screen.

Top Bottom