• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just checked the Spurs twitter while I'm at work.

SUCK MY BALLLLLLS

BASED DEUCE

BASED JD

BASED MONKEY GOD

iUXxlq4uPXezv.png

Meier

Well, I love AVB and I pull for Spurs a bit due to Deuce and Brad so I'm not THAT mad but we did have an ever so slight chance to still win the league.. hurts to see that go away.

Moobabe

Complete tactical ineptitude from Mancini, among other reasons, completely threw this game away.

I don't know how the press laud Toure so often - I watched him against Chelsea, Wigan and today and he did one thing in those three matches; set up Nasri's goal against us. For a player with so much talent and ability he is the laziest and most ineffectual player otherwise. Barry was awful - Kompany and Nastasic looked comfortable until a half decent striker came on.

Dzeko may as well have collected his P45 as he was going off the pitch as well.

But Mancini, for all his posturing about teams roll over against United, stood by and watched his side (completely dominant for 60 minutes) start to concede territory. Did he bring on Garcia to help the midfield? Did he release Toure further forward where he can hurt teams? No - he stood motionless in his technical area and watched his side concede 3 goals in 8 minutes.

Simply awful from Man City - never rely on a bunch of players with no hunger to do you favour. I guess now we have to beat Liverpool.... which never happens.

Salazar

Wtf happened city gaf?

Edit: Genuine question didn't see the match

Adebayor that fucking vacuum went off. Likewise fucking Parker.

Kyle Walker featured less in the game.

Holtby (running like a fucking mentalist), Huddlestone (passing with some fucking heft and authority) and Defoe (shagger, goalscorer) came on.

And like Moobabe says, City let it happen. Lack of heart on the pitch, lack of brains off it.

Meier

Wtf happened city gaf?

Edit: Genuine question didn't see the match

Gave up a shitty goal where Bale rolled a ball all the way across the pitch behind 3 defenders (Kompany mostly at fault). A few minutes later, Defoe has a 1 on 1 with Kompany at edge of box, doesn't close down and he gets it on his left foot then scores. About 2 minutes later Bale gets loose and runs, Hart comes out at him but Bale chips it over.

3 goals in 7 minutes after City were up essentially the entire game. Gutted.

near

Gold Member
3 goals in the space of 7 minutes, the equaliser 4 minutes after our 3rd and final change, the lead 4 minutes later, and the game was over 3 minutes after that. AVB tactical genius. Bale simply worldclass, and Adebayors pre-match mindfuck seem to work.

D_prOdigy

I'm not sure what you mean a guards honor?

Where the opposing team has to do this at the start:

m2SeBn9.jpg

I read somewhere that the tradition in football is for teams to do it for the champions, but I can't remember if it was something that happened in every game if a team wins it with numerous games in end.

Splatt

Just seen the result, didn't get to watch the game...

What kind of a lapse of concentration do you have to have in order to concede 3 goals in 7 minutes?

Based Mancini.

Meier

Man that was hilarious.

City have had some terrible walls on FK's this year.

This one wasn't a FK.. just a long shot from Ronaldo where Vinnie inexplicably ducked out of the way. :( We were up 2-1 in that one until they tied it in the 85th minute if I recall. Then Ronaldo scored in stoppage to win.. that was a really low moment for City fans.

Suen

Fuck Spurs, Fuck Mancini and fuck City, oil-loving cunts. Among the worst defending I've seen. Now everything became harder for us, hope we can win against United and send a flying ball in RVP's face while we are at it.

Liverpool pls save us.

Top Bottom