• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

If you look at the replay again, his arms are in a natural position as Johnson leaps up in front of him. Considering the height of the ball, its actually closer to the arms of Johnson and Terry than Suarez. But as it dips, and as Johnson's leap comes down, what you have left is Suarez's left arm exposed. He is actually looking the opposite way as it makes contact.

It doesn't appear to be a delibate attempt by him to deviate the ball away from goal using his arm. And a handball must be deliberate.

But the problem is for a lot of people in football, including commentators and referees, handball means the ball making contact with the arm regardless of intent.

I know a handball must be deliberate. But he's got his hand above his head. And he's put his hand up there, it didn't just float up by magic. You put you hand above your head and it hits the ball from a corner then you're not convincing any ref it wasn't deliberate because there's no good reason to do that.

bud

I don't believe it, Suarez would never handle the ball on purpose or bite an opponent.

same here. i think he was just trying to give him a kiss.

ibf4KNwo9LbDWc.gif

FuturusX

He's gonna score too...he's embarrassingly good. But mostly, just outright embarrassing.

Can't defend it really. But we need his goals. (Sigh)

EDIT: If he did bite him if course...we need reddit detectives and red circles and shit. Maybe Sunil did it.

Rafa's decisions are absolutely mental.

Hazard was doing well. His defensive play breaking into counter attacks were fantastic.

Torres is doing sweet FA and not holding anything up.

The ref spoke to Ivanovic and Suarez afterwards, does that count as the incident being dealt with? If so, can they impose a ban?

Im not defending Suarez at all, but after all the crap witg Aguero I really don't understand how the FA deal with this.

Defoe escaped a ban for biting for the same reasons

However the ref in the next game should let someone snap him at knee height then piss on his face then just book them so its dealt with

doicare

Man City cheating all game long
Suarez biting players like the mentally deficient animal he is
Gareth Bale FC a one man team
Arsenal & Everton the feeder teams for the rest of the league

Glad i support Manchester United, the only classy team in the top 6. x

confuziz

Banned
Man City cheating all game long
Suarez biting players like the mentally deficient animal he is
Gareth Bale FC a one man team
Arsenal & Everton the feeder teams for the rest of the league