• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Tc91

HIk5C.gif

Kenka

That's a pretty common situation in Italy. Every day hundreds of small enterprises are being shutdown because they're bankrupt, and people struggle to find a job. And when they find it, it has a low pay, which forces family to sacrifice unnecessary stuff, like going to the stadium. I mean, I had the chance to go to the Juventus Stadium to watch Juve-Bayern, but it would've cost me around €70-80 (I would've drove there, I live around 90km from Turin). Sure, it was a quarter final game, but it was just too expansive for my wallet, and that's how a lot of supporters think nowadays here.
You cannot be serious ? How can the UE allow for that. They are basically ruining the country by shutting down small businesses since they still represent the vast majority of the places you can buy stuff in, at least when compared with France (Carrefour) and Germany (Lidl/Aldi). The politics need to have the balls to say fuck off to Brussels and build a recovery plan that would not nuke the country. I am not Italian but I would 100% support such initative, even if it means going out of the UE. Enough of this attitude which consists in asking people to pay debt back in the short term while not allowing them to build the necessary infrastructure to be sustainable in the long term. We know all to well what it did to Germany in the 20s/30s.

btw: You are saying you live close to Turin, but support Milan ?

Ingeniero

I have said a lot about luis suarez before, there is no doubt that he is a disgrace for football, not only he is a royal cunt, but now It seems that my suspicion was spot on, he is crazy.

This "bite" is just too much, I thought that his disgraceful behaviour in the game against chile was the worst he's done, but this tops it.

I hope there is justice and FIFA finally does what should have done months ago, ban luis suarez, ban for everything, every tournament, they should even accuse him and start a trial or something.

Just ban this "man".

Mastadon

Banned
I have said a lot about luis suarez before, there is no doubt that he is a disgrace for football, not only he is a royal cunt, but now It seems that my suspicion was spot on, he is crazy.

This "bite" is just too much, I thought that his disgraceful behaviour in the game against chile was the worst he's done, but this tops it.

I hope there is justice and FIFA finally does what should have done months ago, ban luis suarez, ban for everything, every tournament, they should even accuse him and start a trial or something.

Just ban this "man".

We should probably have him taken outside and shot to be honest.

Hey guys

------------------------De GOD----------------------

Rafael------Rio------------------Vidic-----------Evra

Valencia----Carrick------ClevGOD-----Kagawa-kun

---------------------------Roon------------------------

----------------------------RVP-------------------------

K1LLER7

Next Season

--------- De GOAT --------

Rafa - Smalling - Vidic - Buttner

---- Carrick - Stootman ----

Rooney ------ RVP -------- Shinji

---- RUMBO/Lewendoski -----

You cannot be serious ? How can the UE allow for that. They are basically ruining the country by shutting down small businesses since they still represent the vast majority of the places you can buy stuff in, at least when compared with France (Carrefour) and Germany (Lidl/Aldi). The politics need to have the balls to say fuck off to Brussels and build a recovery plan that would not nuke the country. I am not Italian but I would 100% support such initative, even if it means going out of the UE. Enough of this attitude which consists in asking people to pay debt back in the short term while not allowing them to build the necessary infrastructure to be sustainable in the long term. We know all to well what it did to Germany in the 20s/30s.
I wish I wasn't serious. Yes, this is how things are in Italy, we're being ruined by our politicians (we still don't have a proper government two months after the elections, and it took an entire week to find a new President of the Republic only to get back to Napolitano). Going out of the UE would probably destroy us for good, staying in means that we "have to" be helped by the rest of the community.
btw: You are saying you live close to Turin, but support Milan ?
Yep: when I was little, I was the first nephew and had two uncles, one supported Milan, the other one Juventus. Obviously, they were "fighting" to get me to support their teams. I eventually picked Milan, although I can't remember why. I probably liked the colors or something.
Fun fact: a few years before choosing which side to support, I thought that Juve had the red and black shirts, while Milan had the white and black one.

Being so close to Turin also means that a lot of people end up supporting Juve, 90% of my classmates were bianconeri, the rest either supported Milan or Inter. Mostly Inter.

Zabojnik

Unfortunately, thinking about raising matchday revenue is pretty difficult: the general economic situation in Italy is pretty though right now, a lot of people who used to go to the stadium can't do that anymore because tickets are expansive and so on. Even Juve had to raise their tickets this year, and from time to time you can still see some holes in their standings.

It's not like we *had* to raise the price, it's what you generally do when there's demand. Which is exactly the opposite of what clubs in Italy, ourselves included, should be doing right now, imo. The stadiums, as they stand now, are not that big a part of a club's revenue anyway. Juventus Stadium is the anomaly. Instead of doing everything to try and bring fans back to the stadiums, they're pushing them further away. I'm not well versed in economics, but if clubs were to slash the prices in half and get a 30% or more increase of attendants, you're not losing much money. It's where they should start. Popular prices and new stadiums, whatever it takes. Instead ...

Strange, I heard that quite a lot, even Galliani said something about that a few years ago, with those percentages.

I think he was talking about the pitch itself, not the stadium as a whole.

That's a pretty common situation in Italy. Every day hundreds of small enterprises are being shutdown because they're bankrupt, and people struggle to find a job. And when they find it, it has a low pay, which forces family to sacrifice unnecessary stuff, like going to the stadium. I mean, I had the chance to go to the Juventus Stadium to watch Juve-Bayern, but it would've cost me around €70-80 (I would've drove there, I live around 90km from Turin). Sure, it was a quarter final game, but it was just too expansive for my wallet, and that's how a lot of supporters think nowadays here.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it is for everybody in Italy.

Top Bottom