• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

How many real madrid players would take a first 11 spot on dortmund? Ronaldo, Varane and maybe Özil. Its really fascinating to see that dortmund genuinely has better players on most positions despite real madrid having payed more for any one player than dortmund has for their entire team. Sad really.

Coentrao, Ramos, Varane, Ronaldo, Ozil, Casillas, Gotze, Reus, Lewandowski, Pizcezek, Alonso and Gundogan.

That's 7 Madrid players.

Wilbur

Banned
managers don't matter anyway

I want to see you say this when Rafa signs a four year deal

Giovinco will be the top scorer across all European leagues next season. Believe.

There's more chance of Turok becoming Benzema's agent.

How many real madrid players would take a first 11 spot on dortmund? Ronaldo, Varane and maybe Özil. Its really fascinating to see that dortmund genuinely has better players on most positions despite real madrid having payed more for any one player on their team than dortmund has spent in total. Sad really.

Dortmund are in a cycle though where they seem nigh on perfect, like right time right place kind of thing; as opposed to Madrid who will always be set up to have a strong team. Will be interesting to see where Dortmund head in the next ten years.

both are worse than Klopp :D

He has the capacity to be a legend, no doubt. The best youngish manager around right now.

iUyskdzMhJrDm.PNG

Raptor

Madrid needs a striker like for example Milito in Inter when they won the CL, Shevchenko in his better years at Milan, that kind of killer striker.

Wilbur

Banned
Coentrao, Ramos, Varane, Ronaldo, Ozil, Casillas, Gotze, Reus, Lewandowski, Pizcezek, Alonso and Gundogan.

That's 7 Madrid players.

Yeah on an individual level that's probably the team you'd have, but Dortmund are obviously a better team than Madrid. Which is why it's hard to judge it I guess :lol

Hummels instead of Ramos though mang. And Marcelo > Coentrao

Also you've named 12 players haha

Madrid were a bunch of divas ever since the galacticos went downhill. Those divas are fueled by the marketing strategy, the brand that fans like to eat up and push for more, and a Madrid press that likes to act like it runs the fucking club.

I had hoped Ronaldo would simply leave too, but I guess he loves the lifestyle and feels completely at home in diva land. Get bent ronaldo.

edit:

Not all fans are created equal, I'm just talking in broad strokes.

FootballFan

:lol I love that bridge shit.

Anyway Pep is great l. I do think he should be taking more of a risk when it comes to his next job though.

Of course Mou has had money to spend. But he went to a Chelsea side that had to become a great team as opposed to already being one like Bayern are. Inter - I still don't know how he won a treble with that bunch of old fucks. And Madrid he was brought in to go up against arguably the best team of all time with the best player of all time.

To me, it looks like Pep is going to an incredibly strong team where said team is already gutting the nearest rivals, and I assume he's got some part in that. Not that it's odds on he'll do well, nor do I think that the fact Barca were arguably the best team ever isn't down to him, of course it was. But I feel like he's a tad scared of pressure and failure, and thus has taken a job where it's almost impossible to fail.

Nope, not arguing here. Mou has proven himself, Pep we've only seen do well with Barca B and Barca.

Mou is still the best coach, but if he leaves now I do consider his achievements at Madrid to be smaller than at the other clubs he has managed.

When you get to spend 500m+ on players, are considered the best coach in history, play in a league everyone laughs at, surely you expect more than what he did.

Just my opinion, but if you can't handle it, build a bridge.

Suen

Sorry Madrid GAF. /hug
Yurt <3 :(

It's ok bud. if We weren't muertos for 1 and a half games we would be in wembley.

Best team of the century.
All those wasted chances...we really should have scored two of those in the first half, at LEAST two. Three if we were amazing but we aren't. Why does Mou keep using Higuain? This guy should be off helping Real Madrid B and nothing else.

It's the fault of Madridistas for constantly complaining that Ozil is too afraid to shoot. He tried to prove all of you wrong.
Not in a fucking CL semi-final when we're down by three goals and you could have easily got one if he didn't act like a hero. This dude shoots when he should pass and pass when he should shoot. I wouldn't have cared much if it wasn't such an important game but in a game like this........:(

I really hope Lahm, Martinez, Dante and Schweinsteiger get a yellow card tomorrow. And Ribery is always good for a red, do it.
I hope Ribery gets a red card too tomorrow.....for shitting on Alba. Ribery pls.

I'll summarize my thoughts on the players in this game:

Ronaldo = shit
Higuain = biggest shit (really need to get rid of this guy)
Di Maria = shit
Özil = shit
Alonso = shit
Ramos = cunt who scored

Also Ancelotti can fuck off, let Mou stay or bring someone else. Fuck PSG.

Forza Barca!!!

#BarcaRemuntada
#Believe
#MessiFourGoals

Congrats again Dortmund, will be supporting you for the CL win.

deroli

Just remembered we play Bayern on Saturday.

looooooooooooooooooooooool

What a bad fucking time

And I will be there! But I don't really care about the result. I can only imagine that the atmosphere will be pretty laid-back, completely different from the last matches and the soon to be final in Wembley.

Noirulus

Yeah on an individual level that's probably the team you'd have, but Dortmund are obviously a better team than Madrid. Which is why it's hard to judge it I guess :lol

Hummels instead of Ramos though mang. And Marcelo > Coentrao

Also you've named 12 players haha

oh shit lool you're right

I guess i'd remove ozil because of the reus-gotze chemistry. Personally don't think Hummels is better than Ramos though but that one's debatable.

Tc91

"He has also tipped 18-year-old Belgian midfielder Adnan Januzaj - who could make his debut before the end of the season in a No 44 shirt - to make the breakthrough.

"Older players like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand may be coming towards the end of their careers, but these younger players are the foundation for the next five or six years, irrespective of the players breaking through, like Adnan Januzaj, the Belgian boy, who's really looking very good."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c7s-8aWX4cE#!

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member

That's 7 Madrid players.

I could definately stretch to saying coentrao or ramos (even though i personally think schmelzer is better), but with pizcezek and hummels take 2 of those 4 defensive spots no doubt, and id take varane before either ramos or coentrao, so it would be one of them. At this time i would not choose alonso over bender, who has been sublime at what he does whenever he plays. Alonso has been very meh recently. As i said, ozil could definately replace kuba on one side, but nobody takes that keeper spot from weidenfeller at the moment.

Klopp:
"Nuri knows Madrid quite a bit, a few of the guys will surely go out, I'll drink a beer in the hotel. If I wouldn't allow them to go out, I'd be quite a prick. We might get taken apart by Bayern [on Saturday lol] but that would be the happiest loss we could have against Bayern."

Best coach ever

FootballFan

Btw guys Turok replied in the other thread lol.

"He has also tipped 18-year-old Belgian midfielder Adnan Januzaj - who could make his debut before the end of the season in a No 44 shirt - to make the breakthrough.

"Older players like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand may be coming towards the end of their careers, but these younger players are the foundation for the next five or six years, irrespective of the players breaking through, like Adnan Januzaj, the Belgian boy, who's really looking very good."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c7s-8aWX4cE#!

Can't wait til he is assisting Messi. Hnggg

arkon

:lol I love that bridge shit.

Anyway Pep is great l. I do think he should be taking more of a risk when it comes to his next job though.

Of course Mou has had money to spend. But he went to a Chelsea side that had to become a great team as opposed to already being one like Bayern are. Inter - I still don't know how he won a treble with that bunch of old fucks. And Madrid he was brought in to go up against arguably the best team of all time with the best player of all time.

To me, it looks like Pep is going to an incredibly strong team where said team is already gutting the nearest rivals, and I assume he's got some part in that. Not that it's odds on he'll do well, nor do I think that the fact Barca were arguably the best team ever isn't down to him, of course it was. But I feel like he's a tad scared of pressure and failure, and thus has taken a job where it's almost impossible to fail.

Isn't that what he was doing stepping into the main Barca job? There's pressure there and there was no guarantee he was going to succeed certainly not to the extent at which he did.

Nope, not arguing here. Mou has proven himself, Pep we've only seen do well with Barca B and Barca.

Mou is still the best coach, but if he leaves now I do consider his achievements at Madrid to be smaller than at the other clubs he has managed.

When you get to spend 500m+ on players, are considered the best coach in history, play in a league everyone laughs at, surely you expect more than what he did.

Mou spent 500m? He didn't buy Ronaldo, or Benzema...or Kaka....

Well football finished and I went to my computer, just turned around to see what was on telly now and there's a woman being tied up naked in some bondage sex thing, it's time to fap.

Edit : They are swinging her around now lol, she even got rope in her mouth. One hell of a switch from football.

Noirulus

I could definately stretch to saying coentrao or ramos, but with pizcezek and hummels take 2 of those 4 defensive spots no doubt, and id take varane before either ramos or coentrao, so it would be one of them. At this time i would not chose alonso over bender, who has been sublime at what he does whenever he plays. Alonso has been very meh recently. As i said, ozil could definately replace kuba on one side.

True, bender is also very good and does have better pace than Alonso.

In all honesty it's a difficult scenario to judge, and boils down to opinions in the end.

FootballFan

Klopp:
"Nuri knows Madrid quite a bit, a few of the guys will surely go out, I'll drink a beer in the hotel. If I wouldn't allow them to go out, I'd be quite a prick. We might get taken apart by Bayern [on Saturday lol] but that would be the happiest loss we could have against Bayern."

Best coach ever

At least you guys play Bayern after the semi's. El Clasico, except this season, has been in between the CL Semi's like 4 times in the last 6 seasons. So stupid.

Mastadon

Banned
Well football finished and I went to my computer, just turned around to see what was on telly now and there's a woman being tied up naked in some bondage sex thing, it's time to fap.

Edit : They are swinging her around now lol, she even got rope in her mouth. One hell of a switch from football.

You wouldn't get that on ITV

Messi

Klopp:

Best coach ever

Klopp is awesome

Wilbur

Banned

Overkill at the end you unt

I just think it's hard to judge him too harshly really. Three seasons now, is it? And one was against a Barca team in the cycle of their best team ever. One he actually won the league with a record points total, and went out of the CL on pens to a very strong team. And this year (admittedly having flopped the league, no excuses there), they're just a great Madrid team alongside many other great Madrid teams, whereas arguably Bayern and Dortmund's current team are their best ever. They're coming up against sides in little pockets of absolute perfection; 2008-11 Barca, this season's two German sides are certainly some of the best I've ever seen. You couldn't say that this Madrid team are a better one than 2001/02, obviously the one in the 50s when looking at records, they just sit alongside those eras as great sides. I think personally they were the best team in the world last year (fuck Chelsea), but it's unfortunate that they've come up against teams in the absolute perfect zone of their history. Sounds a tad like excuses but I hope you (and others) get where I'm coming from!

jtb

Banned
Mou spent 500m? He didn't buy Ronaldo, or Benzema...or Kaka....

oh poor Mourinho, inheriting a team of world class players. how dare Perez force Ballon D'or winners like Ronaldo and Kaka onto him.

okay, kaka is really really terrible now, but still.

arkon

It's pretty much what Liverpool did to Newcastle the other day.

Turok_TTZ

Shit didnt see new thread.

Ill make this quick.

I hate ancelotti, I hate mou, I hate Higuain, I love Benzema, I love Klopp.
FUCK BAYERN GO DORTMUND. I will see y'all when Ancelotti gets announced as Coach of Real Madrid. or if Mou somehow stays. key point june or july... I hate how my team is progressing... or rather... lack of progress. season for madrid is practically over. La liga is farsa's much to my chagrin and I will probably be in a bar or a friends house come cl final. Curse you mou for ruining everything. The Decima Dream is Dead. When will we ever win the 10th?

oh and FUCK Juve while I'm at it. Milan, Inter are the only representatives italy needs for CL.

You know what I mean. His team is well worth that much.

I'm not saying otherwise, just saying he didn't buy all those players. It is true that he didn't fare as well at Madrid as in his previous clubs though.

oh poor Mourinho, inheriting a team of world class players. how dare Perez force Ballon D'or winners like Ronaldo and Kaka onto him.

okay, kaka is really really terrible now, but still.

Maybe instead of spending a bunch of money on Benzema and Kaka, he would've bought a better RB and a better striker. Probably for half the price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom