• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

i just want to post further evidence of my Nostradamus-like skills:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56285984&postcount=18510

i also guess lottery numbers and bra sizes.

Bra size?

Fat-Newcastle-fan-615x399.jpg

FootballFan

However gets to the final from tomorrows game, will decimate Dortmund. I am sorry to say this, but they sucked big time with rubbish defending in multiple spot. Madrid could have scored 4 or 5 goals if they had their shooting boots on. maybe they were lax, because of the score line in the previous game, but man, no motivation nor inept on how to tackle Madrid. If they want to win the final, they need to actually up their game from tonight.

But they didn't. How many "Could have" and "Should have"'s were there against Chelsea last CL, in every round lol.

Dortmund could go on and get dominated by Barca in the final and still win.

Yo Wooden, you around? Just read that we're planning on poaching Iličić when Palermo are relegated. Is he good enough to overcome the fact that he is Slovenian filth(sorry Zabo)?

faridmon

But they didn't. How many "Could have" and "Should have"'s were there against Chelsea last CL, in every round lol.

Dortmund could go on and get dominated by Barca in the final and still win.

They did lose. That happened and my comment was about that performance. Whether they went to final or not is immaterial to my comment and your myopic reply!

Zabojnik

Yo Wooden, you around? Just read that we're planning on poaching Iličić when Palermo are relegated. Is he good enough to overcome the fact that he is Slovenian filth(sorry Zabo)?

That's three for three from you today. Mad Men is boring, Benzema fitting right in with our shitty strikers, slovenian filth. You're a terrible poster and an even worse person.

However gets to the final from tomorrows game, will decimate Dortmund. I am sorry to say this, but they sucked big time with rubbish defending in multiple spot. Madrid could have scored 4 or 5 goals if they had their shooting boots on. maybe they were lax, because of the score line in the previous game, but man, no motivation nor inept on how to tackle Madrid. If they want to win the final, they need to actually up their game from tonight.

But Dortmund could have also scored a couple of goals today too. You can't just count Ozil's and Higuain's chances and say Madrid could have scored more, but then disregard Gundogan and Lewa's chances.

arkon

But Dortmund could have also scored a couple of goals today too. You can't just count Ozil's and Higuain's chances and say Madrid could have scored more, but then disregard Gundogan and Lewa's chances.

That's usually the way it goes. Madrid were moral victors tonight.

faridmon

Well, they did have their chances, but their defense were rubbish.All I am saying is, today's performance was not good enough and they need to be better, not only by defending better, but taking their chances (yourself mentioned) as well. Today's Dortmund was not the Dortmund I know!

That's usually the way it goes. Madrid were moral victors tonight.

I honestly don't know what are you trying to add to this discussion...

I am just talking about todays performance, not ''Moral winners'' nor ''deserved winners''

Meier

New York councillors opposing New York City franchise because of Sheikh Mansour's sketchy human rights record.

There is hope for the Cosmos yet!
The Cosmos aren't happening unless they change their stadium location. MLS has made that clear. If it isn't City, they'll just wait for another suitable buyer. Garber is not one to budge.

P.S. That's unfair to say Mansour has a sketchy human rights record. The Independent article claimed the issue was that one group had concerns about the UAE as a whole and their stance on homosexuality.

Arnie

Madrid can fuck off, as can Mourinho, the circus of cunts.

Mourinho whines so much for a man with unlimited funds and the second best player in the world.

He's flopped at Madrid, and I sort of think he'll flop at Chelsea, too. Would love to see the supporters getting on his back after a few questionable results.

That's three for three from you today. Mad Men is boring, Benzema fitting right in with our shitty strikers, slovenian filth. You're a terrible poster and an even worse person.

Well I was right about the first two and was just joking about the last one
since Iličić has dat Croatian DNA.

<3 <3 <3

Well, they did have their chances, but their defense were rubbish.All I am saying is, today's performance was not good enough and they need to be better, not only by defending better, but taking their chances (yourself mentioned) as well. Today's Dortmund was not the Dortmund I know!

I honestly don't know what are you trying to add to this discussion...

I am just talking about todays performance, not ''Moral winners'' nor ''deserved winners''

I agree with your overall point that they need to be better in the final, I just disagreed with that part of your post.

Still, I'll never count a team out in a final.

Wilbur

Banned
Mourinho whines so much for a man with unlimited funds and the second best player in the world.

He's flopped at Madrid, and I sort of think he'll flop at Chelsea, too. Would love to see the supporters getting on his back after a few questionable results.

Like I've said a number of times tonight, flopped is harsh.

There are 3 steps to being Madrid manager, but you can only do one of them

1) Step in line and hope to prosper
2) Step up to the plate to an extent where you gain the trust to change the structure
3) Step out

He tried number two, but not done it well enough, so now he's having number 3 forced on him. Tough shit.

Arnie

Had a substantial discussion with my housemates about this last night.

My conclusion: NOPE.

I get that he's up against the greatest team in the world in La Liga, fair enough, but Barcelona haven't knocked them out in the Champions League, others have. He's not been able to produce a team capable of winning it, and he's not been capable of producing a team that you think 'shit, we've drawn Real, we're out'.

arkon

arkon pls I'm not like that :(

Neither can Dortmund :lolololol

I know you mentioned it earlier and I shouldn't really rub it in. It just seems silly to be bringing those antics up. Madrid fans here are mostly good guys.

faridmon

not flopped, but certainly underperformed. Madrid gotten him to do one thing and that is to win them the CL and he hasn't done that. If they were happy with the league they could have still left Pelligrini there as a manager.

Suen

From the last thread:

I'd love Mou to stay one more year there and (obv if United don't win it), get the Decima. It would be a shame if a manager of his talent didnt get it. Fought colossally for all that power and getting rid of the hierarchy above him at a club like Madrid, and the press have been on his back since day one because he isn't an advocate of tiki taka. Bested Barcelona last year, better than them in head to heads this year, and the same level in the CL three years in a row after so many round of 16 failures. But he'll be judged on the CL and it's a little unfair I think, considering just how good the Barca, Bayern and Dortmund sides he's come up against are in the last three years. 3-1, 3-3 and 4-3 on aggregate, it's come down to an absolute wonder goal by Messi the first year, penalties the next and one goal in this one; individual mistakes and missed chances. The view that he's failed is entirely wrong in my opinion.
Great fucking post, respect. Good luck explaining this to haters, Madrid fans who believe losing CL means the end and to the fucking rulers at Madrid. Fuck the lot of them. Will be extremely disappointed if he leaves.

Dermot Corrigan &#8207;@dermotmcorrigan 5m
Klopp getting emotional, just so proud of these young players, God wanted us to go through, we were up against so much, we did it.

Phantast's night ruined.

RUINED!

:LOL. Phantast say something pls.

lol @ Mou saying he leaves because the people hates him. He leaves because he was unable to win the Champions League with the most expensive team in the world. Most overrated coach ever and biggest lie in today's football.
When was the last time your fake-team (not Barca) was relevant? Get bent.

Loooool. Pep is the biggest pussy in football.

And yeah agreed. Cavani or Falcao at the tip of this team and they're incredible.
Pretty much this, or at least I hope they would solve the problem at the front
+ Bale

Benzema should go to Newcastle where the rest of the overrated shit Frenchies play.
:looooool Koko step up, don't hide.

Pellegrini or Laudrup next season pls.

Suen

Guys last year Bayern won against Madrid, this year Bayern won against Arsenal and today Dortmund won against Madrid. I have some German curse, my teams are only knocked out by German teams, someone sympathize with me.

Wilbur

Banned
Had a substantial discussion with my housemates about this last night.

My conclusion: NOPE.

I get that he's up against the greatest team in the world in La Liga, fair enough, but Barcelona haven't knocked them out in the Champions League, others have. He's not been able to produce a team capable of winning it, and he's not been capable of producing a team that you think 'shit, we've drawn Real, we're out'.

First season: was in fact knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona, and if I remember correctly it was only after Pepe was sent off and one of the best goals I've ever seen by Messi which lead to the 2-0, and then 1-1 at home. Did he fail in the CL? Nope, he just didn't win it. Did he fail in the league that season? Nope, he just didn't win it.

Second season: won the league with a record point total and goal total and went out on penalties to Bayern. Failure? Nope.

This year has certainly been his weakest in the league and there's no excuses there, but he's come up against an absolutely wonderful team in Dortmund, potentially their best ever. I don't think there's shame in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom