• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Shit didnt see new thread.

Ill make this quick.

I hate ancelotti, I hate mou, I hate Higuain, I love Benzema, I love Klopp.
FUCK BAYERN GO DORTMUND. I will see y'all when Ancelotti gets announced as Coach of Real Madrid. or if Mou somehow stays. key point june or july... I hate how my team is progressing... or rather... lack of progress. season for madrid is practically over. La liga is farsa's much to my chagrin and I will probably be in a bar or a friends house come cl final. Curse you mou for ruining everything. The Decima Dream is Dead. When will we ever win the 10th?

oh and FUCK Juve while I'm at it. Milan, Inter are the only representatives italy needs for CL.

oh cry moar. you couldn't even make it past the round of 16 without him.

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't that what he was doing stepping into the main Barca job? There's pressure there and there was no guarantee he was going to succeed certainly not to the extent at which he did.

Maybe at first, yeah. But he's now the architect of a Barcelona who are going to be mythologised as one of the best ever. Maybe then there wasn't that much pressure to beat Madrid in the short term and he could be more relaxed about it. But left after the failure of last year and walked into Bayern. It's all hypothetical though.

FootballFan

Overkill at the end you unt

I just think it's hard to judge him too harshly really. Three seasons now, is it? And one was against a Barca team in the cycle of their best team ever. One he actually won the league with a record points total, and went out of the CL on pens to a very strong team. And this year (admittedly having flopped the league, no excuses there), they're just a great Madrid team alongside many other great Madrid teams, whereas arguably Bayern and Dortmund's current team are their best ever. They're coming up against sides in little pockets of absolute perfection; 2008-11 Barca, this season's two German sides are certainly some of the best I've ever seen. You couldn't say that this Madrid team are a better one than 2001/02, obviously the one in the 50s when looking at records, they just sit alongside those eras as great sides. I think personally they were the best team in the world last year (fuck Chelsea), but it's unfortunate that they've come up against teams in the absolute perfect zone of their history. Sounds a tad like excuses but I hope you (and others) get where I'm coming from!

It's not overkill when I say it without thinking about it. :lol I can't stop saying it now. :(

Anyways, I agree with most of what you're saying but I for one expected more. Semi's 3 years in a row is great after all the r16 failures.

But if someone told you 4 years ago, Mou will coach Real Madrid, with Ronaldo in it. And he will reach the semi's 3 years in a row. How many CL titles would you expect? At least 1. It's Mou and he has great players, with La Decima as motivation.

And honestly, if that off field drama didn't happen with those puppets at the club, I could easily have seen him achieve more. Media, some fans, even the players have all acted like idiots one time or another towards him.

It's easy to love Klopp now. Because it's easy to forget Mourinho won more shit than him now, and that he has a much better average too. Klopp only started one year later than him as a manager.

It's easy to love Klopp now. Because it's easy to forget Mourinho won more shit than him now, and that he has a much better average too. Klopp only started one year later than him as a manager.

Klopp has accomplished something Mourinho never has though, he managed to get relegated.

arkon

Maybe at first, yeah. But he's now the architect of a Barcelona who are going to be mythologised as one of the best ever. Maybe then there wasn't that much pressure to beat Madrid in the short term and he could be more relaxed about it. But left after the failure of last year and walked into Bayern. It's all hypothetical though.

I just think there's a certain amount of revisionism going on with Guardiola. At least it seems that way. He was stepping up to the biggest appointment of his fledgling career. and he produced those results in his short tenure. Now it's like oh he's scared, he's running away after one failure, he couldn't possibly have failed with that team etc..

u want to overtake me in wallofshame bro?

lol I have slowed down somewhat in the past few weeks. Too much spam messing up my brain and my other hobbies.

FootballFan

Shit didnt see new thread.

Ill make this quick.

I hate ancelotti, I hate mou, I hate Higuain, I love Benzema, I love Klopp.
FUCK BAYERN GO DORTMUND. I will see y'all when Ancelotti gets announced as Coach of Real Madrid. or if Mou somehow stays. key point june or july... I hate how my team is progressing... or rather... lack of progress. season for madrid is practically over. La liga is farsa's much to my chagrin and I will probably be in a bar or a friends house come cl final. Curse you mou for ruining everything. The Decima Dream is Dead. When will we ever win the 10th?

oh and FUCK Juve while I'm at it. Milan, Inter are the only representatives italy needs for CL.

Don't mix the months up again. :p Benz never announced he is leaving in October. Couple months late lol.

Also, Inter? Italy? LOL

jtb

Banned

you can't even begin to compare the two. How much money has Klopp spent? How much money has Mourinho spent? They're in two completely different positions, two completely different clubs, two completely different managerial philosophies (win now vs. building a team) with two completely different benchmarks for success.

Suen

Did you see how many chances Higuain missed

Have you seen Benzema play all season

or are just just plain fucking blind?

Its the same fucking setup from last season, you fool. NOTHING HAS CHANGED
He definitely does make a good point in that we put too much focus and reliance on Ronaldo, same as Barca does to Messi. It's anything but good really and it really shows when we play against better team. Our front need to be diverse, we need several goal scorers, not just one. Higuain is shit though and I can't believe anyone would defend him. Last year showed it, this year showed it. He has a horrible first touch and he misses waaaaaaaaay too many chances. Benzema is definitely the better off the two and like I've said many times before he does assist more. Still I'd say he's been average, not bad but not great. I would give him another chance next season but so far he hasn't really convinced me that his qualities are the one we are looking for at our level. In all honesty we desperately need a new striker.

Also, can't believe the shit Madrid got in here during the game. They were amazing, incredible pressure, just missing a few goals. We were lucky we've got Weidenfeller and such a great defense. I was totally afraid of Real scoring one goal, could have ended badly. As it showed, one goal started quite the craziness. Awesome achievement from us to keep a clean sheet for such a long time. To be fair, we missed quite the good chances, too. Might as well had ended 4-2 or something. And after the first leg, I guess we deserved to go through.

About the time wasting, yeah, I hate that shit as everyone and kinda feel bad for Madrid fans. But we really needed it... In the first half, the game was so intense, we needed some time to relax. And in the second half, we needed the time to go through. I think Bender was really hurt, though. And well, it's part of the game, too. Just like we can't do anything about Ramos being a proper cunt.
No need to feel bad about that part, everyone does it and Madrid would have done the same if they were leading. People who shit on Dortmund doing that are just being blind.

you can't even begin to compare the two. How much money has Klopp spent? How much money has Mourinho spent? They're in two completely different positions, two completely different clubs, two completely different managerial philosophies (win now vs. building a team) with two completely different benchmarks for success.

How can you not compare? lol

They started 1 year apart.... and Mou didn't start his career at Chelsea, you know that right?! The difference being Mou didn't have to wait for a perfect storm.

arkon

I remember Fernandinho being quite handy against Chelsea in the CL. It's certainly a step in the right direction for City transfer-wise if it's true.

Peco

Meanwhile I fear Ancelotti. He is stupid enough to bench Varane just because he's too young. he has a bad rep with youth in general and though I don't believe he will actually do this, its not below him for it to happen. bastard. stay in psg PoS sod.

iuANEgWT0GjkD.gif

FootballFan

I remember Fernandinho being quite handy against Chelsea in the CL. It's certainly a step in the right direction for City transfer-wise if it's true.

Yep. Much better than Mexican guy they were rumoured to sign(or did they actually get him officially? lol)

New York councillors opposing New York City franchise because of Sheikh Mansour's sketchy human rights record.

There is hope for the Cosmos yet!

Wilbur

Banned
I just think there's a certain amount of revisionism going on with Guardiola. At least it seems that way. He was stepping up to the biggest appointment of his fledgling career. and he produced those results in his short tenure. Now it's like oh he's scared, he's running away after one failure, he couldn't possibly have failed with that team etc..

I think he did amazingly well at Barcelona, and I'm not contesting any of his achievements as being too easy. It's what he's done in the last two years that gives me doubts. The team (although this has stretched into this year as well, the Barca cycle is over; doesn't mean they're shit now, but the cycle that Dortmund and Bayern are in now just isn't there for Barca any more) were found out tactically in the big matches, they lost the league and the CL, and Pep left. Now, of course he might have left anyway, but the fact is he did.

The Bayern appointment is the one I have real criticism for. He's gone into a side that is arguably their best ever as opposed to being on the threshold of it, he's already bought his biggest rival's star player and might get their next one. It's just... a bit too easy for him next year I think. He'll probably win the league at a canter and then the CL is a real crapshoot for the most part if we're honest. I can see him leaving in a few years with a few league trophies and nothing else, and while statistically that's good... if its anything less then he'll have failed. It's not necessarily like Mou at Madrid where he's come up against three teams in three years, each who have been in the midst of absolutely stunning developments as a team.

FootballFan

I think he did amazingly well at Barcelona, and I'm not contesting any of his achievements as being too easy. It's what he's done in the last two years that gives me doubts. The team (although this has stretched into this year as well, the Barca cycle is over; doesn't mean they're shit now, but the cycle that Dortmund and Bayern are in now just isn't there for Barca any more) were found out tactically in the big matches, they lost the league and the CL, and Pep left. Now, of course he might have left anyway, but the fact is he did.

The Bayern appointment is the one I have real criticism for. He's gone into a side that is arguably their best ever as opposed to being on the threshold of it, he's already bought his biggest rival's star player and might get their next one. It's just... a bit too easy for him next year I think. He'll probably win the league at a canter and then the CL is a real crapshoot for the most part if we're honest. I can see him leaving in a few years with a few league trophies and nothing else, and while statistically that's good... if its anything less then he'll have failed. It's not necessarily like Mou at Madrid where he's come up against three teams in three years, each who have been in the midst of absolutely stunning developments as a team.

You will regret those words after the Bayern match. Bookmark this post.

jtb

Banned

They started 1 year apart.... and Mou didn't start his career at Chelsea, you know that right?! The difference being Mou didn't have to wait for a perfect storm.

Mourinho builds teams to win now. That requires a different skillset from building a long-term team. Obviously winning CLs with Inter and Porto were incredible achievements. But you seem to think that somehow diminishes the achievement of Klopp winning back to back league titles and reaching the CL final. If Klopp's in a perfect storm right now, I don't even want to know how you'd describe having unlimited financial backing at Chelsea, Inter, and Real Madrid as.

So they've signed a decent defensive midfielder?

That's a step in the right direction for them.

Fernandinho would be better described as a box to box midfielder more than a conventional dmid. He's often involved in the attacking play.

Sad to hear if it's true though, that great Shakhtar team is getting decimated. Willian gone, Fernandinho gone, Henrikh hired Mino so he's leaving too.

FootballFan

Fernandinho would be better described as a box to box midfielder more than a conventional dmid. He's often involved in the attacking play.

Sad to hear if it's true though, that great Shakhtar team is getting decimated. Willian gone, Fernandinho gone, Henrikh hired Mino so he's leaving too.

What about Chygrinskiy? ..................lol

Mourinho worked as assistant coach before, even at Barca. Klopp was a 30-something-year-old player turning into a coach for a second division side battling relegation because they didn't know what else to do. How does that make sense?

Of course did Mourinho win more stuff but it just doesn't make sense comparing them over their whole career.

Milch, how can you explain Bidenfella's cunt behaviour after the first goal?
Eh, tried to win some time. Got a yellow for it, who cares?

Goetze getting injured just before the Bayern match is EXTREMELY suspicious. I think that he either wanted to not play so Dortmund had less chances to go through or simply not play against his own team in the final.

arkon

Mourinho worked as assistant coach before, even at Barca. Klopp was a 30-something-year-old player turning into a coach for a second division side battling relegation because they didn't know what else to do. How does that make sense?

Of course did Mourinho win more stuff but it just doesn't make sense comparing them over their whole career.

Eh, tried to win some time. Got a yellow for it, who cares?

Madrid fans most likely. Because of course their team wouldn't be doing similar things if they were in that position

FootballFan

lol, that was a based Txiki signing right?

yes I believe so :lol

He gets the players he is after, just too bad he is after the wrong players lol.

Madrid fans most likely. Because of course their team wouldn't be doing similar things if they were in that position

:lol imagine Ramos or Pepe if Dortmund needed 2 goals and just scored one..

Ramos would be hugging the ball on the ground while Pepe kicks the shit out of everyone trying to get to the ball..

Jin_7

Goetze getting injured just before the Bayern match is EXTREMELY suspicious. I think that he either wanted to not play so Dortmund had less chances to go through or simply not play against his own team in the final.

I don't think so. He looked really dissappointed and the BuLi game against Bayern has no importance. He should be back for the CL final.

faridmon

However gets to the final from tomorrows game, will decimate Dortmund. I am sorry to say this, but they sucked big time with rubbish defending in multiple spot. Madrid could have scored 4 or 5 goals if they had their shooting boots on. maybe they were lax, because of the score line in the previous game, but man, no motivation nor inept on how to tackle Madrid. If they want to win the final, they need to actually up their game from tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom