• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Pep saw this coming.

It's amazing how a team with such talented individuals can look so average when their talisman isn't playing. Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas are all brilliant players but they look so clueless without Messi on the pitch. This Barca team his been built around maximizing Messi's talents to the detriment of their other amazing players.

Quoting for new page.

Fry

Barcelona 3 - 0 Bayern Munich

at Half Time

i2qBEVsWCNhil.gif

boingball

Wow, What a trashing the FCB got from the FCB...
Barcelona is just a one-man show called Messi. Without him they are just an good club. (They were almost eliminated by Paris until Messi came in).

Now this is similar to 1997.
Bayern german champion, Stuttgart german cup winner and Dortmund CL winner.
Bayern german champion, Stuttgart-Bayern cup final, Dortmund-Bayern CL final...
Though this Bayern team is most certainly different from any Bayern team before.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The Barca comments in here are weird though - don't really make sense. Is it not Bayern that are good? That's what I'm seeing, probably the best team in the world. Not Barca losing by 7 goals to some amateur side.

You'd have to put money on even the current Barca side totally decimating any EPL team or such - they're in the semi-final if that wasn't apparent. If they're shit then what does that make Man Utd (losing to a team Barca are beating in their league), City (2nd in EPL, went out in the group stage), etc?

The Barca comments in here are weird though - don't really make sense. Is it not Bayern that are good? That's what I'm seeing, probably the best team in the world. Not Barca losing by 7 goals to some amateur side.
They're brilliant.

The most impressive thing for me is how relaxed and focused they are. They're so comfortable and confident in everything they do.

You'd have to put money on even the current Barca side totally decimating any EPL team or such - they're in the semi-final if that wasn't apparent.

Bayern is good but they are playing like at 30% and destroying Barça.

Barça is displaying a vey pathetic play.

bud

Pep saw this coming.

It's amazing how a team with such talented individuals can look so average when their talisman isn't playing. Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas are all brilliant players but they look so clueless without Messi on the pitch. This Barca team his been built around maximizing Messi's talents to the detriment of their other amazing players.

but you're wrong. they've been worse compared to the previous seasons even when messi was playing. besides, it's not like xavi and iniesta have been brilliant this season either. it's not just a case of "messi isn't playing, that's why they aren't great anymore."

You'd have to put money on even the current Barca side totally decimating any EPL team or such - they're in the semi-final if that wasn't apparent. If they're shit then what does that make Man Utd (losing to a team Barca are beating in their league), City (2nd in EPL, went out in the group stage), etc?

If you didn't realize already, Barcelona won 1 of their last 6 CL matches.

keit4

Banned
Jupp Heynckes is going to be remembered in history as the only football coach that does not renews his contract every time he wins the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom