• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Manchester United have never been awarded dubious penalties or scored offside goals. cry moar.

What the fuck kind of point is that haha, fucking dumb as shit argument from someone who generally doesn't say dumb stuff

Where did I say United never get lucky? All I said was Arsenal have been more lucky than Spurs this season when it comes to dubious pens and offside goals. But yeah, lets WAYNE ROONEY

Moobabe

Lool I don't have hate against Arsenal, none at all. Arsenal had an offside goal against us, an offside goal against QPR, a few pens they shouldn't have had, a few more offside goals they shouldn't have had. Last minute goals aren't luck really, are they? Getting away with offsides and pens are.

Last minute goals is just working until the end of the match, no luck involved if its justifiably put in the back of the net and there's nothing foul about it.

Spurs still have Gareth 'Diving' Bale in the side right? Or is it only Arsenal who have had a few choice decisions in their favour this season?

Wes

venison crêpe
CL Update

4 Tottenham ------ 37 19 69
------------------------------------
5 Arsenal ---------- 36 31 67

Relegation Update

Norwich 0 - 0 West Brom
QPR 1 - 1 Newcastle
Sunderland 0 - 0 Southampton

13 Southampton ---- 37 -11 40
14 Aston Villa ------- 37 -22 40
15 Sunderland ------ 37 -12 39
16 Norwich ---------- 37 -22 39
17 Newcastle -------- 37 -24 38
18 Wigan ------------ 36 -23 35

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AdeBOOOOOOM

I knew he would save our season. Kingellesar said I was crazy but I was right. I WAS RIIGHGGHT

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs still have Gareth 'Diving' Bale in the side right? Or is it only Arsenal who have had a few choice decisions in their favour this season?

Jesus Christ it's like some of you are incapable of reading.

Bale, more often than not, has been booked for his diving this year instead of benefitting from it. Arsenal have had more choice decisions than Spurs.

I'm not writing in fucking Urdu

Wessiej

And the Eredivisie is overrrrrr

6YxwpOZ.jpg

Salazar

Martyn Ziegler ‏@martynziegler 56s
#SAF playing hard-ball right to the very end. Rooney not even on the bench - even Old Trafford staff expressing shock. #pafergie

Eh, I'm imagining some steward mumbling disbelief

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve 4-1 Milan (Marchisio scoring twice).

Fuck you, Football Manager, why can't I quit you. Just coming up to Christmas and we're unbeaten since losing the Supercoppa to Napoli. Including beating Bayern 2-0 away and drawing 3-3 with them in Turin. Conte, you have my number if you want any tips.

I take it you sold all our strikers then?

Wes

venison crêpe
Relegation Update

Norwich 1 - 0 West Brom
QPR 1 - 1 Newcastle
Sunderland 0 - 0 Southampton

Safe Norwich -------- 37 -21 41
Safe Southampton ---- 37 -11 40
14 Aston Villa ------- 37 -22 40
15 Sunderland ------ 37 -12 39
17 Newcastle -------- 37 -24 38
18 Wigan ------------ 36 -23 35

I take it you sold all our strikers then?
Matri: 17 starts, 9 goals.
Quagliarella: 13 starts, 9 goals (6 from 6 in the CL).
Giovinco: 8 starts, 1 goal.
Vucninic: sold to Chelsea for €26m, has scored 5 from 20 for them.
Jovetic: signed for €18m, played 134 minutes, then broke his leg. :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If he didn't have such a terrible attitude, you'd be 10 points clear of us by now. Hardly saving your season...

Defending from set plays has been far more costly. Once again we have scored twice in a game, goals aren't the problem. Wigan, Everton, Chelsea all scored on set plays and we dropped points.

Our lack of creativity in the middle is much worse than our average strikers, those games where we lose 1-0 at home we hardly create a chance. Strikers can't finish if they don't get the ball.

He's not going to save shit. You're still finishing 5th and Wigan are going down.

Denial is the first stage. Mcmanaman is coming for you !

;)

AdeBOOOOOOM

I knew he would save our season. Kingellesar said I was crazy but I was right. I WAS RIIGHGGHT

If we get 4th, I'll admit I was wrong.

But no, two goals in two games isn't going to save his season, Hoddle summed it up, he's been woeful all season. Suddenly end of the season he can be bothered? What happened to all those games where we needed him?

Tc91

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 2m
Roberto Mancini leaves Manchester City, enter Mr Pellegrini.

Commence the Sky arse kissing....

You know the little thing they do when they fly to the stadium? Well they had Old Trafford with fireworks above it :)

Linius

So who gets CL, the top three? Or is Feyenoord a qualifier?

:lol

Ajax goes straight in. PSV will have to qualify. Spots three and four go to third and fourth round of the EL qualifiers. Spots 5 to 8 will have to battle for the remaining EL ticket. And the cup winner goes to the EL (AZ).

Lucky? Really?

Scoring offside goals is lucky. Getting penalties that shouldn't have been given is lucky. Scoring after the final whistle should have gone is lucky.

Scoring a late goal is not lucky. The game is played over 90 minutes, not the first 80. You wouldn't say it was lucky if the winner is scored in the first minute. Why is it lucky if it happens in the last?

And Bale scoring isn't lucky. There's a huge difference between luck and quality. We're lucky to have a player like him. We're not lucky to win games because of him.

Wilbur

Banned
Lucky? Really?

Scoring offside goals is lucky. Getting penalties that shouldn't have been given is lucky. Scoring after the final whistle should have gone is lucky.

Scoring a late goal is not lucky. The game is played over 90 minutes, not the first 80. You wouldn't say it was lucky if the winner is scored in the first minute. Why is it lucky if it happens in the last?

And Bale scoring isn't lucky. There's a huge difference between luck and quality. We're lucky to have a player like him. We're not lucky to win games because of him.

Last minute goals being lucky has always been a ridiculous argument. Jammy would be the word I'd use.

Wilbur

Banned
Saying bye to all the ball boys. Gentlemen we're seeing the departure of the greatest manager who will ever live.

Fuck, I'm welling up again and its only my man Dwight talking in the studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom