• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Cou and Studge were so fucking good. Brilliant winter signings.

Borini's two efforts could have easily been goals but for very fine margins. His movement is top stuff. My apprehension over him is starting to wane.

Its annoying, Suarez, Sturridge and Borini could be okay, but there are still big question marks over the latter two's ability to help us throughout a season. We could do with a striker who's coming to the end of his career and won;t mind being on the bench. Kanu perhaps (lol)

Di Nitale pls :p

Labadal

What's FootyGaf's opinion on the two controversial decisions that went Liverpool's way? I thought the handball was a pen for sure but the commentators made too much of Coates and Kaca. Didnt even look like a challenge to me, just Seb racing for the ball.

It was a clear handball. Nothing to discuss.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy fucking shit I didn't know that.

We've never lost at home when we've been leading at half time under Fergie, and only three away when we've been leading at half time.

Wow.

Messi

Relegation Update

Norwich 4 - 0 West Brom
QPR 1 - 2 Newcastle
Sunderland 1 - 1 Southampton

Safe Norwich -------- 37 -19 41
Safe Newcastle -------- 37 -23 41
Safe Southampton ---- 37 -11 40
16 Aston Villa ------- 37 -22 40
17 Sunderland ------ 37 -13 39
------------------------------------
18 Wigan ------------ 36 -23 35

Fixtures

Arsenal v Wigan
Tottenham v Sunderland
Wigan v Aston Villa

Permutations

Wigan
If Wigan lose against Arsenal they are relegated.
If Wigan draw at Arsenal, Aston Villa are safe.
If Wigan win at Arsenal and win against Villa they are safe.

Aston Villa
If Wigan win at Arsenal, Villa lose to Wigan and Sunderland Draw/Win at Spurs, Villa are relegated.
If Wigan draw or lose at Arsenal Aston Villa are safe.

Sunderland

If Wigan draw with Arsenal and Win against Villa, Sunderland need to draw at Spurs.
If Wigan lose against either Arsenal or Villa, Sunderland are safe

Thank you wesley

The players voted Zaha better.

The players play football they know more than anybody here.

Who here is a professional footballer?

Exactly.

ZAHALLAH!

Wilbur

Banned
GIVE ME A SCHOLES GOAL

Relegation Update
Permutations[/U][/B]

Wigan
If Wigan lose against Arsenal they are relegated.
If Wigan win at Arsenal and win against Villa they are safe.

Aston Villa
If Wigan win at Arsenal, Villa lose to Wigan and Sunderland Draw/Win at Spurs, Villa are relegated.
If Wigan draw or lose at Arsenal Aston Villa are safe.

Sunderland

If Wigan draw with Arsenal and Win against Villa, Sunderland need to draw at Spurs.
If Wigan lose against either Arsenal or Villa, Sunderland are safe

That's only mathematically though. If Wigan draw with Arsenal, they need a ten goal swing or so to stay up. So Wigan basically need to win.

sohois

Does everyone remember the shock of when Fergie retired. United fans couldn't really believe it. They especially couldn't believe that Moyes of all people would be their new manager, there simply had to be another answer. That was stage 1.

Clearly we have now entered stage 2.

I expect the bargaining will begin during the summer transfer window, but we'll see.

GorillaJu

I'm not sure of which Coates-Kaca incident you're referring too. The handball did look like a penalty, but it was marginal. And, much like with Everton, it balances out another bad decision - the first Fulham goal which was offside.

True, Berba's header was offside. I just wondered if there was a hubbub in here as the commentators kept insisting that we should have had a sending off and a handball.

Kikarian

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

You're forgetting Newcastle. If Wigan win both and Newcastle lose to Arsenal by more than Villa lose to Wigan then they go down.

Can't happen

Newcastle are on 41, Villa are on 40.

If Villa lose they go down. If Villa draw with Wigan and we lose to Arsenal, then Wigan will still only be at 39 points maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom