• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
0NNdxnh.jpg

Why?? :(

iNRBLQsPTck6J.gif

I'm already thinking about next season and how our squad will look like (not including possible transfers):

GK
Reina?
Jones

FB
Johnson?
Kelly
Enrique

CB
Agger
Skrtel?
Carragher?
Wisdom
Coates?
Wilson

Midfield
Gerrard
Allen
Henderson
Coutinho
Lucas
Suso
Spearing?
Shelvey?

Winger/forward
Suarez
Borini?
Sturridge
Sterling
Assaidi?
Downing?
Carroll?
Pacheco?

Seems to me like a lot of players are dead weight and should be sold. Don't know if e should give players like Robinson, Flannagan a chance. I still want to see Yesil, Coady, Morgan and Sama get a shot at cup games. Either way, we really need to invest if we are going to challenge for a CL spot. I tipped us for 6th place this year. I hope we can actually fight for a CL spot with the right signings. Allen and Assaidi weren't the best signings, but we did get Coutinho and Sturridge that could help us next season.

Bit harsh to throw Robinson in with Flanagan imo. Robinson has been njured a lot, had fuck all time in the first team, and actually has some promising attributes.

Spearing, Flanagan, Assaidi, Carroll, Pacheco and Wilson have to go. Shelvey, Suso, possibly Wisdom, Yesil and Sterling could do with loans

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

Tbh it gets tiresome quickly for me now. After playing the series for like...10 years, I just haven't got the motivation to plough on and on. It's worth buying just so you can play 2/3 seasons and then be done with it.

Yeah that's what I do. One season with original squad, then completely reinvent, buy a bunch of youth and play another season, then I just start again.

Feorax

Bit harsh to throw Robinson in with Flanagan imo. Robinson has been njured a lot, had fuck all time in the first team, and actually has some promising attributes.

He did, however, tell Suarez to fuck off at Oldham, and then got shipped out to Wolves. Not great...

Left back is an area we really need to strengthen.

Labadal

Spearing, Flanagan, Assaidi, Carroll, Pacheco and Wilson have to go. Shelvey, Suso, possibly Wisdom, Yesil and Sterling could do with loans

I don't mind Robinson, but I ask myself if he's ready for the task, that's all. I certainly hope that Suso and Sterling stay with us. Shelvey and Yesil could go on loan. Put Wisdom in the centre as a back up choice.

Kelly
Wisdom
Agger
Enrique

That doesn't look bad in my opinion.

I can't remember who you got him from but I'm pretty sure they weren't in the lower divisions

In 2007, Koscielny joined Tours for an undisclosed fee to play in the third tier of the French league in 2007 and enjoyed promotion with his new side before being named in the Ligue 2 Team of the Season the following campaign. On 16 June 2009, newly promoted Ligue 1 side Lorient signed Koscielny on a four-year contract for around €1.7 million. He quickly established himself as a starter.

Hixx was 1 on 1 with the goalie in clubs. We were 1-0 down needing a draw to go up. He pulls the shot wide :(. So close to Division 2! 1 shot and 30 seconds away!

He started in Ligue 2, but you brought him when he was bossing at Lorient in Ligue 1.

Actually he started in the third division (called National)

2007: Third division
2008: Second division
2009: Ligue 1
2010: Premier League, Arsenal

I think he's fantastic, perhaps Wenger's best signing in recent memory.

Arnie

Quite excited for this Copa Del Rey final.

Having a relaxing evening away from work and revision, eating M&ms, drinking Pepsi, playing FM, and watching Falcao keg Mourinho.

MPW

Lolbiol is starting and it looks like Pepe didn't get called up yet again. Let's wreck Atletico one more time boys... Hala Madrid!

Damn. Her breasts are beautiful, but can't fault for her getting surgery if they were too heavy to bear.

mou really wants to get fired (and collect more $$$ on his way out), doesn't he?

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty sure since the update you can now send audio clips and 3D photos.

Wilbz smooth body. In 3D.

:(

How seriously do you peoples play pokemon!!?

I never understood the people who'd keep mating pokemon until they got the right temperament and stuff.

Nah fuck all that, I just catch one and train it. The Pokes I like the look of and the moves I like, not because theyre good in metagame or whatever. Not gonna do competitive battling, just gonna play my brothers and you guys :)

Atletico are gonna get battered, its what they do against Real.

What's going to happen to Diego Lopez next season. Next Real manager will obviously try and suck up to the establishment by bringing Casillias straight back in, even though he hasn't earned it

Guys DC is doing his PR thing via Swapnote now. Who else received the #basedtxixi drawing? :lol

Lol yea. I replied ;)

So he started in a lower league... Like most other players? Amazing.

More to the point, he wasn't playing in a lower league - but several leagues below and managed to develop quickly enough to be playing in the French third division to Champions League football for Arsenal within just a couple of years. That's pretty amazing

TeegsD

Wait so now Jesualdo Ferreira is going to be leaving at the end of the season and going elsewhere? What the fuck? Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that he said he wanted to retire at Sporting? How can we manage to rebuild if we go through more coaches than fucking Chelsea?

Noirulus

What's going to happen to Diego Lopez next season. Next Real manager will obviously try and suck up to the establishment by bringing Casillias straight back in, even though he hasn't earned it

We'll sell him for a hefty profit, probably. His stock has gone way up.

Both are getting old. Diego Lopez will probably get tons of offers though. I can see Arsenal buying him.

feel

:lol Yassine Benzia is this year's new French hotness for me. He was an absolute monster.. I believe I did in fact sell him to Arsenal for a cool $65m or so too. Their board is far more spend happy in FM than real life.

Umm oops.

Don't blame me.

Stupid Nintendo Direct.

Server downtime sucks.

Just to reiterate, Yassine Benzia is awesome.
247570_619933104713576_1374673647_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom