• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defel

Ye Mou wants to leave but if Madrid are gonna force him to stay and fulfill his contract then Mou is gonna make sure those in charge get a daily waft of his shit-stirring and make them regret it.

In other words, Mou is Made In Chelsea

Dibbz

What a keeper Courtois is turning out to be. Chelsea really got a great find there. Just found out he is Belgian as well. Fuck me they have got to compete for a major cup soon.

Im salty as fuck

I dont care for 13 years winning if you bottle a cup. Mourinho you fucking cunt, gtfo. And ship Casillas to Valencia or something you fucking mole.

Noirulus

I'm an outsider looking in as I honestly don't pay much attention to Spanish football. But it seems to me that the club are determined to stop him from doing his job properly by pandering to big players. I can see why a fan would find how he operates disrespectful, but he's been brought there to do a job. A job he seemingly can't do because of the characters he's surrounded with. Perhaps he feels disrespected? Perhaps he feels like he's having his time wasted?

Again, I don't follow it so I can only assume he probably deserves some of the negative feelings that are aimed at him, but would you not say that the dressing egos rocking the boat also deserve some of the blame. Aren't they, after all, there to do as he commands?

I know it bugged me when we had AvB here and he seemed to have his methods questions by players. He certainly had his faults, but I always go the impression that he failed because his players wouldn't play ball -- pardon the pun. Seems like something similar is going on at Madrid.

Again, I could be way of the mark. So...

I don't know. There's no way to confirm what went down in the locker room so it's a little hard to take that into account. Still, the least Mourinho could do for us is leave the club with dignity after the fans vehemently defended him despite his embarrassing antics such as the eye-poke, referee complaining, etc..

Wes

venison crêpe
Sent a question in to the World Football Phone-In, we'll see if it gets read.

Been listening a lot to it again lately, it's great fun.

Pretty much I think Mou is being afflicted by the AVB effect where the players were just taking the piss making his job all the more difficult, if he's to come back to Chelsea I am sure it will prove that he still is the world's best.

feel

Apparently when a reporter asked him if his Madrid stint has been a failure, he blamed the players for fucking up in the penalties last year against Bayern.

I've always been a defender of Mourinho, but screw the miserable cunt. This is the end of the line. How much more disgraceful can you be?
I don't think that's what he said at all.. :/

Wes

venison crêpe
Fucking hell, whoever mentioned Sarah Hyland looking great on this episode of Modern Family wasn't kidding. Talk about titties on display!
iamyd_832300918.640x0.jpg

I don't know. There's no way to confirm what went down in the locker room so it's a little hard to take that into account. Still, the least Mourinho could do for us is leave the club with dignity after the fans vehemently defended him despite his embarrassing antics such as the eye-poke, referee complaining, etc..
Fair enough. As for the fans respect, did he not sort of earn though? A league title with record points, goals etc. Copa del Rey in 2011, correct(?) And a few UCL semi-finals?

Surely Madrid's most successful period in some time.

feel

I think he said "The manager can't take the penalty kick" or something? According to the internet, at least. That's basically blaming the players.
From what I gather he just meant that they lost on penalties in the semifinal and could've easily made it into the final with some more luck, and didn't for example get kicked out by a shitty team in the first knockout round, so that wasn't a complete failure of an european campaign.

But really, after the booing by the fans my only wish is for him to leave and kick Madrid out of the champions league with whatever team he's running next year. Hopefully Ronaldo has left too to a team where he can play with decent teammates.

subtles

Yeah like turning the sprinkles on when they lose a game.

Are you seriously going to compare that to an institution tearing itself up from the inside? I'm not hailing Barcelona as the shining beacon of hope for football but they have given football a lot of positives and have accomplished so much. Tonight you had a manager that stood on the touchline for a combined 30 seconds and got himself sent off, slating the players for the penalties of last season. You have petulant players who don't seem to know the meaning of playing for the shirt, and fans that boo their own manager. If I was a Madrid fan I would be furious at the madness that has been going on there for the last few seasons alone. Pellegrini was sold out by his own club to the papers that blamed him for many things, among them playing a striker Perez did not sign and playing a double pivot. When Mourinho came in and did just that there were no complaints. The press and fans have been dying to have their youngsters brought into the first team, and Mourinho taunted them for that in his "facts" press conference. Did you compare the work ethic of the two teams playing today? What happens if Ancelotti is brought in and he still can't control the egos? If dressing room leaks continue? Madrid need to start a long term project with disciplined players because this attitude of "doing anything to win" has seriously damaged the club's reputation.

Noirulus

From what I gather he just meant that they lost on penalties in the semifinal and could've easily made it into the final with some more luck, and didn't for example get kicked out by a shitty team in the first knockout round, so that wasn't a complete failure of an european campaign.

Fucking cules lied to me, then. :lol

Regardless, his comments and attitude both today and throughout the past month have been dreadful. It simply hurts the club.

Fair enough. As for the fans respect, did he not sort of earn though? A league title with record points, goals etc. Copa del Rey in 2011, correct(?) And a few UCL semi-finals?

Surely Madrid's most successful period in some time.

The CL success he has brought and the signings he's made are no doubt very much appreciated.

subtles

But really, after the booing by the fans my only wish is for him to leave and kick Madrid out of the champions league with whatever team he's running next year. Hopefully Ronaldo has left too to a team where he can play with decent teammates.

When he apologized and said "I can't take penalties" he was absolving himself of the blame for getting knocked out and meant he did all he could. The press have their knives out and he's basically him telling them to go after the players.

Suen

Fucking cules lied to me, then. :lol

Regardless, his comments and attitude both today and throughout the past month have been dreadful. It simply hurts the club.
Players have been treating him like shit as well, the media is always on to him as well. Don't think he deserves all the blame but he certainly has done his part of this clusterfuck. Btw even if he did blame the players for last year's penalty shootout he's not wrong. Ronaldo, Kaka and Ramos fucked it up and this was despite two saves by Casillas. Again the Galacticos mentality need to stop at this club, we should focus more time and money on finding and training young talents from our youth academy. Second point is that Madrid supporters and anyone related to the club need to fuck off with the "lol came from academy untouchable" mentality where they put the player ahead of the club. Consider yourself more important than the club? Then fuck off. We need to decide who plays based on the players experience, their abilities, their level, not on some Madrid academy fame. Mou has done plenty of shit he shouldn't have done during his time with Madrid but he's also surrounded by a bunch of immature cunts.

Yeah I just saw the latest Modern Family... damn like it was really distracting. Made me feel a bit like a perv, the character is so young.

Kyoufu

I think you are seeing what you want to see.

How was he being particularly spoiled and obnoxious.

"We deserve better"

Who is he to deserve more than a European trophy that millions of other football fans would kill to see their club lift for once in their lives? He should be grateful that his club has a sugar daddy that can sack managers on a whim and still win trophies every year, while real clubs like Everton win nothing with the same manager for a decade.

"We deserve better"

Who is he to deserve more than a European trophy that millions of other football fans would kill to see their club lift for once in their lives? He should be grateful that his club has a sugar daddy that can sack managers on a whim and still win trophies every year, while real clubs like Everton win nothing with the same manager for a decade.

Did you even read it?

Rhetorical tricks may convince the masses, but they're no substitute for thoughtful analysis. We deserve better.

He was referring to the press (which is what half the article is about) there.

Kyoufu

Did you even read it?

He was referring to the press (which is what half the article is about) there.

I speed read it. Started off with him saying how much he hated Benitez and the failures of League/Super Cups etc then ends with "We deserve better". It was hard to read man.

qindarka

Banned
He was referring to football fans in general deserving better from the press. But no, let's ignore his points and twist his words to suit out agenda.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Watching the game in English again and Taylor Twellman is such an idiot. He says Falcao is an old fashioned number 9. NO. He can dribble quite well and passes like Valderrama when he has too.

How are the Madridistas doing?

jtb

Banned
also Rafa plays 4-2-3-1 but then so does just about every other major team in Europe. Mourinho plays 4-2-3-1 almost exclusively at Madrid, Barcelona play a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3-ish. Stubbornness and refusal to adapt is bad (see: wenger), but I don't really think that's particularly convincing evidence that Rafa's past his managerial shelf date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom