• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Now all we need is Dortmund beating Bayern and it'll be an almost perfect season.

subtles

If a player like Ozil is made available where do you guys think he will go? Real Madrid also need a striker so who do you think they will try and go for? Aguero?

panty

What a fucking joke.

3 posts.
Open goal

Fuck this shitty team. Our game was shit except for those. Fucking Ronaldo hold your temper.

Wilbur

Banned
dsfdsfdsfdwxytf.gif

KuGsj.gif

/dead

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Have it mean CL qualification. 2 or 3 league places and then whoever wins the domestic cups.

Wigan in CL group stages would be amazing.
You know what would be amazing? CL reverts to straight knock out. Fuck the money spinning group stage that's only there to ensure top seeds go through to the quarters. A team like Wigan would have a shout at CL last 8 without a round-robin format.

FootballFan

What a waste.

I already mentioned it but the higher ups just seem to want him simply because he is from La Masia so we can continue all this "10 players from La Masia + Neymar" stuff. I think it's stupid.

Just get a damn good goalkeeper, Sandro pls.

ATF487

For those of you guys without real ties to the city/area of your team...how did you pick? The only two things i can come up with is A) Color B) Would I take a vacation to that City C) Can they realistically win any trophy and D) No major bandwagons.

edit: Plus awesome fan support, like chanting, flag/banners all that good stuff.

I picked the team that seemed most similar to the teams of the city I'm from. I thought Liverpool and Boston had some similarities (small port city, frequently dwarfed by their larger local rival, unique accents...) so I decided to support Liverpool in early 08. The connection made sense later too when FSG bought the team

You know what would be amazing? CL reverts to straight knock out. Fuck the money spinning group stage that's only there to ensure top seeds go through to the quarters. A team like Wigan would have a shout at CL last 8 without a round-robin format.

While we're at it let's also revert back to it being a true Champions League where only the league winners qualify.

FootballFan

Ronaldo was so dumb in this game. He already was living on the edge and should have been sent off for a handball and kicking Juanfran during normal time, yet he still decides to try kick someone in the face.

Realllly immature from him to not control himself.

DominoKid

This is actually it for me. I've loved Sporting all my life but when Ronnie left for United, I had to see what it was all about.

yeah he's the only reason i even give half a fuck about how Madrid does. maybe he'll come back and i wont have to watch their games anymore.

If a player like Ozil is made available where do you guys think he will go? Real Madrid also need a striker so who do you think they will try and go for? Aguero?

As good as Ozil is he needs to work on some aspects of his game.

His stamina is verging on Anderson levels at time. He is always gassed by the end of a game. He also tends to fade out of gams very easily, especially tight and physical ones.

His talent is amazing and he's still relatively young - and already brilliant - but he could be even better if he applied himself a bit more.

TeegsD

yeah he's the only reason i even give half a fuck about how Madrid does. maybe he'll come back and i wont have to watch their games anymore.

I enjoyed watching Madrid around the same time. Dat Figo. Nowadays though, the whole league is just a pity to watch. Its the Portuguese League with more production value.

FootballFan

His stamina is verging on Anderson levels at time. He is always gassed by the end of a game. He also tends to fade out of gams very easily, especially tight and physical ones.

His talent is amazing and he's still relatively young - and already brilliant - but he could be even better if he applied himself a bit more.

So true man, his fitness levels and his ability to disappear for 80 minutes like Nasri is incredible. I need to agree about more stuff with you.

Tell me about Khedira. Include the word rubbish.

Suen

What a fucking joke.

3 posts.
Open goal

Fuck this shitty team. Our game was shit except for those. Fucking Ronaldo hold your temper.
Tbh we had some really bad luck. It wasn't our day today, hit the posts too much etc. Fake-Ronaldo was a cunt. I know he's a baby but I didn't expect him to go that far, he deserved the red. Atletico deserved the win, smaller club, not as many "big" players, haven't been able to win against us for a long time so while I'm disappointed we didn't win I'm kinda glad they got to celebrate it this time. Feel really sorry for Mou though, will be missed. Hope Ancelotti or whoever comes will do a good job. At least the Madrid meltdown was entertaining :p

Liverpool and Chelsea are shit.

Ronaldo was so dumb in this game. He already was living on the edge and should have been sent off for a handball and kicking Juanfran during normal time, yet he still decides to try kick someone in the face.

The frustration of being in the shape of your life.... but surrounded by turds. 61 Games, 57 goals 17 assists and yet still winning nothing. Not even player of the year because of goddamn Messi. I wouldn't go cunt like Ronaldo I'd go all out overdrive berserk.

Only Fergie can control that man, Fergie + Roonie = Ballon d'or

Wilbur

Banned
For those of you guys without real ties to the city/area of your team...how did you pick? The only two things i can come up with is A) Color B) Would I take a vacation to that City C) Can they realistically win any trophy and D) No major bandwagons.

edit: Plus awesome fan support, like chanting, flag/banners all that good stuff.

Welcome :D lovely to see new blood! I've said before why I support Man United, it was because I followed an individual player. The best thing to do isn't to randomly pick one based on something, but just keep watching until you fall in love with a team, or then a player and then follow that team.

Hope you stick around. We're fun here.

Will you be saying that when Chelsea wins the PL next year?

I said it when he won at Chelsea :( I don't know why, I just love the cunt

Bo-Locks

He was way more exciting at United, even if he's a better player now. At Madrid he just seems angry all the time.

It was always his dream to play for Real, and that's fair enough, but i's like Real have destroyed his soul, like Torres at Chelsea.

Viva Ronaldo.

subtles

His fitness levels were a big worry when he first joined Madrid and was always subbed, even if the game could use his abilities. I'm very surprised the club hasn't worked on that to a better degree. I have to agree with you as well on his fading out, Ozil is brilliant when the movement and combinations of players around him play to his strengths, like in the German national team. The second the focus shifts from his "natural" game however, he doesn't apply himself the same way many playmakers do to decide games. Brilliant player however and I hope he becomes the player his potential suggests he can be.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't really find gifs like that funny. It doesn't really have any funny lines, it just puts the Nintendo stuff into a different context and people cum buckets over it. Eh. Props for finding good source video I guess.

FootballFan

I don't really find gifs like that funny. It doesn't really have any funny lines, it just puts the Nintendo stuff into a different context and people cum buckets over it. Eh. Props for finding good source video I guess.

You seen that GAF member with your avatar?

None of the lines are particularly funny (apart from 'IT'S NOT') but I'm sort of surprised that no one's used that scene for a Reggie based thing before.

FootballFan

From TotalBarca:

"Yesterday, May 16, FC Barcelona were honored by FIFA with the “Medical Center of Excellence” status. This recognition is given to institutions that portray a mission “of which is to use medical knowledge and experience to improve the care and medical treatment of footballers of all categories“. This is in actuality quite a prestigious award for the club. Before yesterday’s official announcement, only 33 other such centers of excellence existed globally, and the majority were university medical centers or private medical practices. FC Barcelona are in fact the first ever football club to be donned with such an illustrious title and are also now the only medical center in Spain with this accreditation."

HNggggg dat HGH.

DominoKid

OMG

AMAZING

ibyj42JfSHsGh4.gif

holy jesus I am ready for E3

DerZuhälter;57999326 said:
The frustration of being in the shape of your life.... but surrounded by turds. 61 Games, 57 goals 17 assists and yet still winning nothing. Not even player of the year because of goddamn Messi. I wouldn't go cunt like Ronaldo I'd go all out overdrive berserk.

yeah i'd go fucking mad if I were Ronaldo. must be how Barkley, Malone and all of them felt when Jordan was pushing their shit in w/ regularity.

Zidane headbutted a dude in a world cup final. Sometimes you just lose your head.

subtles

From TotalBarca:

"Yesterday, May 16, FC Barcelona were honored by FIFA with the “Medical Center of Excellence” status. This recognition is given to institutions that portray a mission “of which is to use medical knowledge and experience to improve the care and medical treatment of footballers of all categories“. This is in actuality quite a prestigious award for the club. Before yesterday’s official announcement, only 33 other such centers of excellence existed globally, and the majority were university medical centers or private medical practices. FC Barcelona are in fact the first ever football club to be donned with such an illustrious title and are also now the only medical center in Spain with this accreditation."

HNggggg dat HGH.

Congratulations, the stark contrast between your rivals and yourselves portrays itself in events such as today. I'm glad Barca are actually trying to improve all aspects of the game and hope you guys come back from the pain of this season.

Bo-Locks

From TotalBarca:

HNggggg dat HGH.

Sounds like some mutual back-scratching after getting a Spanish judge to order the destruction of evidence.

From TotalBarca:

HNggggg dat HGH.

The HGH they used was made in Denmark, we should get it. Also I demand Messi to Copenhagen for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom