• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Recently bought Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS.

Its an excellent game and anyone who has a 3DS should buy it.

I approve this message.

Yeovil in The Championship.. dear god. All power to them but can't see them being anything but the whipping boys. That league is such a tough one and on a £1m a year playing budget they'll really struggle. I'm sure they won't give a shit about that today though, good luck to 'em.

rodvik

Mornin Footy GAF! First time in months I can enjoy a game without relegation fears. Ossum. A nice 0-4 to Villa. Sending Dave Whlean on his way will do nicely :)

HZa2HcD.jpeg

So, did Mourinho write this personally?

Fintan

Why was the final played at the Bernabeu anyway? Ridiculous to play a one-legged final at a non neutral venue.

Maybe it was like the Champions League last year, decided ahead of Real being in the final. They don't have a national stadium like Wembley in Spain, do they?

dc89

The commentator then mentioned the only team to turn around a 2-0 deficit in a play off final.

MANCHESTER CITY.

Lightning

Banned
But villa is pure class and is better than what you have. Given regular games he will be beastly again
The price given his age makes him totally not worth it. He can go to Spurs and enjoy the Europa league.

Mignolet has been one of the best keepers this season, but he's not a better keeper than Lloris, Cech, De Gea, etc...
And if we were offered any of those at the end of the season I would take Mignolet in a heart beat.

How do you justify De Gea being better than Mignolet because he hasn't been better this season and was average last season too?

Arnie

Agree with Lightning. For that price, and the wages he'll demand, a player of that age isn't worth it. There's no guarantee that he'll get back to his pre-injury form, and then on the off chance that he does through a run of games, he's 33.

Messi

The price given his age makes him totally not worth it. He can go to Spurs and enjoy the Europa league.

And if we were offered any of those at the end of the season I would take Mignolet in a heart beat.

How do you justify De Gea being better than Mignolet because he hasn't been better this season and was average last season too?

He will probably end up a juve

qindarka

Banned
Maybe it was like the Champions League last year, decided ahead of Real being in the final. They don't have a national stadium like Wembley in Spain, do they?

But it is still an unfair advantage. Final should be moved in the case of a team reaching the final at home. Or not allocating the hosting rights until all teams have qualified, then picking a stadium whose team has not qualified. Surely they don't need that much preparation for just one match and it can be decided about 9 months before.

Hixx

Meh. When Mig gets his move to one of the elite clubs and is recognised as one of the world's best, you can all come and apologize for being wrong.

-

Di Canio has dropped Bardsley. YES! BYE BYE BARDO

Zabojnik

I've never seen more than 10 seconds of cricket on the TV in my life. I have no idea what is it they do, exactly. In my mind, it's a mixture of baseball and mini golf.

Why was the final played at the Bernabeu anyway? Ridiculous to play a one-legged final at a non neutral venue.

$$$

There is no big enough neutral ground on Madrid, it gave $ to Atletico and a chance of a honour lap on their ground? I would have signed too.

Tickets were sold equally anyway.

Benítez: If you know the circumstances, it was a transition with young players. Consider that [Didier] Drogba, [Raul] Meireles, [Salomon] Kalou, [Michael] Essien and [Florent] Malouda had left,

I love how not even Rafa realized Malouda is actually still there training with the youth players somewhere.
KuGsj.gif

phaze

Huh that's surprising. It certainly didn't feel that way. Also thought Liverpool would be higher.

Arse should have ponied up for a lot of players. I don't understand what Wenger and the board are doing with that club.

Hey those Arteta pens are not going to fall from the sky for us. We should 've gone with Usmanov, he would know how to drive the prices down.

GO ARSENAL !!!

GAF is full of people who've had a nutter pull a gun on them and know exactly how to react in that situation, man.

Exactly. And that guy saying he shlould have let himself be shot on the off-chance that the hostage would survive? Fucking hell.

Pizza cooked. Just waiting for it to go cold, then nom nom nom

You're a bad person. People who like cold pizza are bad. People who have the option of normal pizza and wait for it to go cold are badder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom