• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
My recording of Wooden on the Wilbury Tales is called A Night To Remember In Old Copenhagen

Promise me you'll do the Bendtner for him Quiche

Haha the kid looks a bit shocked when people celebrates the goal. :lol

Remember people also cheering Ivans kids goal.

ibfm8J2A2G6n43.gif
Looks like Premier Ass also has a Premier Dick ;)

Carbonox

Watched The Social Network for the first time earlier on C4. Fantastic film. I see the hype it attracted.

Speaking of hype, WORK RESUMES TOMORROW WHOS HYPED YEAH WORK WEEK BEGINS YEYEYEYEYEY fuark.

Looks like Premier Ass also has a Premier Dick ;)

That's not a nice thing to say about his kid.

nemesun

Nemesun said:
That net spending chart is absolutely frightening. How could you even compete with clubs like Man City and Chelsea in that department? It put things right into perspective.

Me and Lightning were having an intense pm discussion about this back in 2012:
nemesun said:
I've been Wenger's biggest critic since 06 and even I can see that Arsene isn't entierly at fault here. The mess we're in right now result from the accumulation of many things and not just one man's quest for self glorification.

For the past eight years, Wenger has been fighting with one hand tied behind his back on the financial front; no one can dispute that the sudden appearances of sheikhs and oligarchs transformed the game into a mean & ugly spending spree with absolutely no oversight. The financial fair play BS, won't change shit. Man City, PSG and Chelsea will always find ways to get around it by signing 900mill sponsorship deals with their cousins and aunts, and will be able to outspend us for eternity, and there is no stopping that.

What was Wenger suppose to do? We moved into a brand new stadium on the back of a front loaded sponsorship deal that hampered the club financially for the duration of its term. There were loans and mortgages to be paid and housing bubble burst that more or less put the Highbury square project into jeopardy. It has been stated time an again that in order for him to buy, he had to sell first, and add to that he had to deal with disgruntled employees that had their heads turned by the constant tapping up and tales of riches from their very own trusty agents. Why would they stay and hope for the best, when City/Chelsea were more than happy to double/triple their salary with the chance to win now rather than later?

I have serious misgivings about Wenger and some of his decisions (over 30 policy, the quality of players he brought in to replace the outgoings, lack of viable plan B, shortage of attacking options, bloody Gervinho, Chamakh/Arshavin/Squillaci still leeching off our club) but I sure as hell won't side with bunch of yanks who know fuck all about football and only in it for a big payday over a man who dedicated his life to this club and the beautiful game.
Great post, I agree. If we want to compete again, the board (as shit as they are) must give Wenger the £100m or so from the kit deal and he will spend it on players HE wants. It's not entirely Wenger's fault, like you said.
There is no chance in hell we spend anywhere near that amount this summer. The kit deal won't kick-in till 2014 and the upfront payment mounts to roughly £20m. I'll be well chuffed if we get Fab back and get a quality striker in the mould of Cavani although cheaper version.

FootballFan

Less cuntish than he is :p

Yes because Scholes 99 yellow cards and countless leg breakers + small penis, Zidane's headbutts and countless fights, stuff Xavi does all the time right? Complaining to the ref twice a season and saying Barca play real football is nothing in comparison.

The jealousy in this thread directed at the Euro 08 player of the tournament, world cup winner, 7 time La Liga champion, 3 time CL champion, 2 European cup, Barca legend, one club player is amazing.

Build one.

There is no chance in hell we spend anywhere near that amount this summer. The kit deal won't kick-in till 2014 and the upfront payment mounts to roughly £20m. I'll be well chuffed if we get Fab back and get a quality striker in the mould of Cavani although cheaper version.
Do you even think there is a realistic chance of Cesc coming back? Obviously it'd be great and all, but would he even be the same player as he was when he left us?

I probably should have researched the kit deal beforehand :lol thanks for clarifying it (and Hixx! Your avatar is great btw lol).

A top striker is a must.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes because Scholes 99 yellow cards and countless leg breakers + small penis, Zidane's headbutts and countless fights, stuff Xavi does all the time right? Complaining to the ref twice a season and saying Barca play real football is nothing in comparison.

The jealousy in this thread directed at the Euro 08 player of the tournament, world cup winner, 7 time La Liga champion, 3 time CL champion, 2 European cup, Barca legend, one club player is amazing.

Build one.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Oh my god they actually do specifically black spunk, what the fuck :lol

My Danish mate always used to bring them into school, I really enjoyed them. Yummy spunk

nemesun

Do you even think there is a realistic chance of Cesc coming back? Obviously it'd be great and all, but would he even be the same player as he was when he left us?

I probably should have researched the kit deal beforehand :lol thanks for clarifying it (and Hixx! Your avatar is great btw lol).

A top striker is a must.

I think Cesc is being misused at Barca. He'll tear the league a new one if/when he comes back. The prospect of a midfield consist of Cesc, Jack, Santi, and Mikel is mouth watering.

GorillaJu

I think it's fairly clear that what Di Canio meant when he said he's a fascist was how he runs a football club.

Jesus Joseph and Mary. He's ruthless.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck just imagine the scene when quiche arrives at the airport. He gets there on a rickety bi-plane, met by the only taxi driver in town. After they both get on the back of the goat and see the sights - Jorgensen Frutigaarm's Knicker Pantry, the Museum of Dried Fruit, the Dungeons of Scandanaviananal - they arrive and Wooden greets him at the door. They pop inside for some of Mama Overgaard's delicious tea straight from her own breast, and sit down to watch Antiqües Røadshow

Fuck just imagine the scene when quiche arrives at the airport. He gets there on a rickety bi-plane, met by the only taxi driver in town. After they both get on the back of the goat and see the sights - Jorgensen Frutigaarm's Knicker Pantry, the Museum of Dried Fruit, the Dungeons of Scandanaviananal - they arrive and Wooden greets him at the door. They pop inside for some of Mama Overgaard's delicious tea straight from her own breast, and sit down to watch Antiqües Røadshow

exsqueeze me

FootballFan

:lol

Wooden and Quiche:
Gx5ZFLc.gif

Sweaty and half naked craziness. + Milk

I think it's fairly clear that what Di Canio meant when he said he's a fascist was how he runs a football club.

Kind of like it. If he manages to get at least some of the squad with him he could create a team full of beasts, taking commands only from their big leader manager without questioning it.

I won't even be there until 1. Been trying to encourage Chris to do something other than stare at his ipad until I get there! Anyway I'm going to bed now

nemesun

He would get sacked in the morning if I was the chairman. He's absolutely barmy; as much as I agree with what he's saying, you don't wash your dirty laundry in public. How would you go about moving a player who you just denounced as a trouble maker with attitude problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom