• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

772287372.gif

Oh ma gawd, I can't even..

K1LLER7

All five had fantastic seasons. Did Lukaku end up with 17? Wonder what'll become of him next season.

I would, yeah. Again, not a world class player for me. Potentially world class but isn't consistent enough.

I thought his season was marred by injuries. He had one early on when he was looking good. Then he came back, was looking good and then got another long term injury.

Yup. Our best January signing IMO. Funny how we all thought Sissoko was after a few games (in fact we regarded him as the best signing of January :lol). Now look at him.

Gouffran for me, I really like Mbiwa though. As for Sissoko he's been disappointing outside of the Chelsea game but he's a very good player, I think he could be huge for us next season. This year everyone, barring literally only a couple, have been poor.

It's over now though, we need to have a good transfer market and we'll be fine. I'm actually more optimistic about next season than I was about this season at the end of last year!

Wilbur

Banned
If all scrubs end up like Koscielny then i have no qualms with that.

He's pretty good, certainly not great though. Arsenal just have odd perceptions of what a good defender is since Campbell left. He's a solid centre back, but every top team in the league has two better.

Wilbur

Banned
Pardew is having a meeting with Ashley soon.

I think he might get axed.

I think he deserves to stay on. He did absolutely brilliantly last year. This year sucked but injuries, not getting backed in the transfer market and the Europa meant that they were dicked about. If you're still shit by Christmas, get rid.

Carbonox

Gouffran for me, I really like Mbiwa though. As for Sissoko he's been disappointing outside of the Chelsea game but he's a very good player, I think he could be huge for us next season. This year everyone, barring literally only a couple, have been poor.

It's over now though, we need to have a good transfer market and we'll be fine. I'm actually more optimistic about next season than I was about this season at the end of last year!

Don't get me wrong, I like Sissoko and he could be a huge player for us but he needs to be put back in DM where he belongs. Him and Cabaye in the midfield with two other attacking players leading the line in whichever formation would be best, I personally feel.

When I say two other attacking players, I most certainly do not include Cisse in that. The useless spenk needs to get the fuck out of Newcastle. Utter boring, he is. Play Gouffran with some fancy shmancy new striker and I'll play ball.

Wilbur

Banned
Sir Alex, Scholes, David Beckham, Michael Owen and Jamie Carragher in one season :(

GRAZIE RAGAZZI

The first three... I can't even. Won't dawn on me that Fergie isn't there until I don't see him on the touchline.

Anyone in the other leagues retiring? Metzelder is right? ADP was last year, that fucking legend.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't believe Sir Bobby got sacked. Was only like three, four games into the season as well. Deserved much better.

Cardozo had 33 goals in 42 matches, with the National Cup final to go.

and there are folks who want to get rid of him.

Does he want to leave? If not then boom, you're alright. Cardozo is awesome. Good on FIFA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom