• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

This goes out for all Liverpool fans, except for Arnie:

iDQtwCZuGMiLQ.gif

i28ygavEC0r1e.gif

ibqEeVYzRezP61.gif

Arnie

Aye.

Liverpool releasing Tom Ince and then you lot bleating about how amazing he is and how nasty Spurs will lunge for him: success story.

Roy Hodgson releasing Tom Ince.

You don't yet know much about how different managers can have profound effects, both positive and negative, on your football club, but you're soon to find out. It's safe to say that said six month window wasn't a fair indication of our club's handling of youngsters, especially today.

Salazar

Roy Hodgson releasing Tom Ince.

Ah, so you get to choose among atomised periods of history that are "Liverpool" and "not Liverpool".

Dalglish was quite as embarrassing as Hodgson in many ways, but I guess he still goes in the "Liverpool" basket.

Arnie

Ah, so you get to choose among atomised periods of history that are "Liverpool" and "not Liverpool".

:lol

You're more clueless than I thought.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm allowed to do, especially considering Ince's decision to leave was based around not featuring in Hodgson's plans.

Are you Confuziz.

Dalglish was quite as embarrassing as Hodgson in many ways, but I guess he still goes in the "Liverpool" basket.
Dalglish won this club many, many trophies, was our greatest ever player, and signed our club's current best player.

Stop showing yourself up, I thought a good sleep would've rejuvenated that spot in your brain which catalyses logic.

Lightning

Banned
I hope these reports that Bayern want Jack Wilshere are bullshit. I'm starting to really detest that club.

Fuck Pep.

We don't get Champions League football and I fear we won't get our targets making next season shit as well. Can't afford any players leaving though.

jtb

Banned
I hope these reports that Bayern want Jack Wilshere are bullshit. I'm starting to really detest that club.

Fuck Pep.

We don't get Champions League football and I fear we won't get our targets making next season shit as well. Can't afford any players leaving though.

I doubt they (or anyone, really) want Wilshere. If they do, it's off the hype of two years ago because he's been quite average this season. Understandably so, but still.

Usually we sell our players once they actually fulfill their potential and Jack's still got a ways to go :p

Fry

Fuck Pep.

Bayern don't want Wilshere.

avaya

It's pleasing to know that the Yanited fans are going to be just like Liverpool fans are today in another 10yrs.

Might want to pick up a few pointers on how to cope.

Salazar

Fuck Pep.

He wants the good players, innit.

+ Rooney.

That thread about the new American tv shows is bizarre. So much drool. And someone (who presumably watched Californication and Man with the Iron Fists) gave RZA an acting job ?

jtb

Banned
He wants the good players, innit.

+ Rooney.

That thread about the new American tv shows is bizarre. So much drool. And someone (who presumably watched Californication and Man with the Iron Fists) gave RZA an acting job ?

broadcast TV is dead and almost universally shit. I don't get it either.

Fry

He'll be god-tier when your team doctor has him on the hGH/EPO/Actovegin regime.

I'm not saying that in a 'Bayern don't want Wilshere because he's not up to the team's standards' way. It just doesn't make sense. The midfield is already crowded. Gotze is an AM, which means Kroos is already out of place in the team, and if he's going to play, he'll either switch with Gotze every now and then, or will play alongside Martinez.

There's just no room for him, I don't buy these rumours at all.

Clegg

Sturridge's goal celebration is in the same tier of naffness as Robbie Keane's terrible cartwheel/tumble combo.

Good player though.

Lightning

Banned

Bayern don't want Wilshere.
I hope not. I don't get the hype for him this year as he has been very average at best but I don't want to lose any of our starting 11 players. I only want additions to our squad to build, not players leaving.

Wilshere will get much better but it will take time.

I need one of Arsenal, Valencia, Milan, Lyon or Schalke not to qualify for the CL so Zenit will be seeded for the playoff round. Wigan pls

Also congrats to CSKA for winning the league. Maybe Dzagoev will leave now :)

Salazar

I hope not. I don't get the hype for him this year as he has been very average at best but I don't want to lose any of our starting 11 players. I only want additions to our squad to build, not players leaving.

The Gervinho project enters a new phase ?

Clegg

Can't wait until next season when we play two banks of four against all opposition and use the long ball for Fellaini to knock it down to RVP.

Champagne football. Maximum clank.

Clegg

We need Schmeichel, Yorke and Neville to do more punditry together.

They were non stop taking the piss out of each other.

Suen

I need one of Arsenal, Valencia, Milan, Lyon or Schalke not to qualify for the CL so Zenit will be seeded for the playoff round. Wigan pls

Also congrats to CSKA for winning the league. Maybe Dzagoev will leave now :)
:) :) :) :)

So Footy-GAF....how reliable is the news about Falcao moving to Monaco? Is it confirmed? Or just a rumour?

:) :) :) :)

So Footy-GAF....how reliable is the news about Falcao moving to Monaco? Is it confirmed? Or just a rumour?
I don't even feel that bad about it to be honest. CSKA definitely deserved the title this season. Given how dysfunctional the middle section of our season was I'm just glad that we still had something to play for this late in the season. Plus, this way based Gazprom might decide to panic spend another 100 million. I love transfer muppetry. Konoplyanka, Mkhitaryan, Kokorin and Jovetic please.

Fintan

Had a bet with a friend that Sunderland wouldn't finish in the top half, so I officially won a bottle of Hennessy today!

Dibbz

Lightning why fall for such a rumor? The guy signed a 5 year deal this year. Of course though papers will run with stories of Arsenal talents wanting out because of the last few years but it doesn't mean you should start assuming the worst.

GorillaJu

Had a bet with a friend that Sunderland wouldn't finish in the top half, so I officially won a bottle of Hennessy today!

Nice. Sounds like your friend's money (and alcohol) is there for the taking.

Man I'm so sad I wasn't here during the FA Cup final. I don't wanna go read through the thread. If I know what I missed my heart will be broken beyond repair.

Fintan

Nice. Sounds like your friend's money (and alcohol) is there for the taking.

Man I'm so sad I wasn't here during the FA Cup final. I don't wanna go read through the thread. If I know what I missed my heart will be broken beyond repair.

He was way overconfident, "We signed Johnson!", "McClean's going to be even better!", "Cuellar's a solid signing." etc.

Admittedly, I did get a little worried when they started picking up a few results under Di Canio because the table is so tight in terms of points.

FootballFan

Sociedad have a real good shot at the CL spot. Valencia will likely be the team to miss out unless Sociedad joke.

edit
I see you already replied. Don't worry bro, they got it. Even if Madrid beat Sociedad, Valencia will choke in the other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom