• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
What's the deal with Mancini has he been fired already? Not going to be in charge for their next game. Pretty shit if true, could at least wait until the end of the season it's only a week away.

kitch9

Banned
923326_10151466431622746_1767140059_n.jpg

No sign of Rooney.....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There's a rather long interview with Vidal.

Best parts:

Vidal: "My Juventus will become the new Bayern Munich. I am staying here"

Vidal: "We're on the right track but only a little behind"

Vidal: "My wife & son like it here in Turin much more than Germany. We don't miss Chile as much

Jburton

Banned
Hoping Rooney events happen quickly.

The English clubs can fuck off. All of them.

Would be bad business to sell him to an English club, worth even taking a little less to dump him in some shit box Euro side.

Then again a swap plus cash deal for Bale and hopefully he pops up to take points way from Chelsea and Arsenal in the derby matches.

I expect most of United transfer business to be done early.

Lightning

Banned
I will be so upset we miss out on the CL and as a result miss out on Stevan Jovetic. That will annoy me a lot. I wish he would join us even without CL but that probably wouldn't happen.

There's a rather long interview with Vidal.

Best parts:
Who cares about Vidal. Who are your transfer targets?

Lightning

Banned
Wouldn't Rooney's wages mean only City or Chelsea from the PL could afford him? The transfer fee is the least of the problems in obtaining Rooney's singing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Two Torino fans have been arrested & charged with attempted murder for badly injuring a Juventus supporter.

I haven't had the pleasure. I imagine that yurt is pleasantly hairy though.

I can grow a naughty beard but for some reason I have virtually no hair on my chest.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The upcoming new Bayern Munich ? Performance-wise, you are not far.

You really just need more $$$ and a bigger stadium.

A bigger stadium is useless in Italy (San Siro). The average attendance in our old 70k stadium was 40-50k, hence why we slashed it in half.

As for $$$, we can never compete with the Germans (now) but we did increase our revenue by 45% this season! (300m+)

It's a start I guess. :(

DBT85

I expect most of United transfer business to be done early.

This is what I'm wondering. Moyes doesn't officially take over for 6 weeks, Fergie has already bought Zaha despite knowing he was going to retire, who else is he going to bring in before Moyes has a say.

Has Moyes already told him to get Bale or Lewandoski or something, or has Fergie said "we are looking at these, what do you think". Will be very interesting so see what happens.

Going to see Star Trek today. 2D or 3D? I'm thinking 2D.

Always 2D.

Seeing it Wednesday and cannot wait.

A bigger stadium is useless in Italy (San Siro). The average attendance in our old 70k stadium was 40-50k, hence why we slashed it in half.

As for $$$, we can never compete with the Germans (now) but we did increase our revenue by 45% this season! (300m+)

It's a start I guess. :(
The biggest obstacle to Juventus dominance is, uh, the rest of Serie A. For all our sakes, get your acts together. Invest, build some stadiums, combat crowd trouble and racism, cut the league to 18 teams, play young talent, take some risks, start taking the Europa League seriously. Udinese, stop prostituting yourselves every summer. Napoli, show some ambition. Roma, pick a project and stick to it: let someone work at teambuilding for more than half a season. Milan, get free of Berlusconi. Fiorentina, give us Jovetic, let Montella go somewhere he can actually achieve, and resign yourselves to mediocrity. Inter, relegate yourselves to Serie C2 and rest in piss.

Juventus, sell Vucinic, invest in Verratti as heir to Pirlo, give Leali every ounce of your attention and support, stop thinking Peluso and Padoin can cut it in the Champions League, and buy at least one (1) fucking world-class creative forward so Llorente can score tap-ins and headers all season long.

Italy, do something about the endemic bribery and corruption at every level of your political, legal, and social life. And summarily exile Berlusconi.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Who cares about Vidal. Who are your transfer targets?

You can never know with Marotta.

Higuain is 2-5M away from joining us. (Like G.Rossi and RVP..)
Diamanti. (???????????????????????)
Ibra. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Jovetic. (<3333333333333333333)
Andrea Poli.
Udinese FC and Atalanta FC players are all under consideration. (bi-annual tradition)
New young referees.

The biggest obstacle to Juventus dominance is, uh, the rest of Serie A. For all our sakes, get your acts together. Invest, build some stadiums, combat crowd trouble and racism, cut the league to 18 teams, play young talent, take some risks, start taking the Europa League seriously. Udinese, stop prostituting yourselves every summer. Napoli, show some ambition. Roma, pick a project and stick to it: let someone work at teambuilding for more than half a season. Milan, get free of Berlusconi. Fiorentina, give us Jovetic, let Montella go somewhere he can actually achieve, and resign yourselves to mediocrity. Inter, relegate yourselves to Serie C2 and rest in piss.

Juventus, sell Vucinic, invest in Verratti as heir to Pirlo, give Leali every ounce of your attention and support, stop thinking Peluso and Padoin can cut it in the Champions League, and buy at least one (1) fucking world-class creative forward so Llorente can score tap-ins and headers all season long.

Italy, do something about the endemic bribery and corruption at every level of your political, legal, and social life. And summarily exile Berlusconi.

THIS.

Especially the part about Verratti. :(

dc89

the answer is always 2D. always.

I'd like to see it as well, but none of my friends want to see anything Star Trek....

This is what I'm wondering. Moyes doesn't officially take over for 6 weeks, Fergie has already bought Zaha despite knowing he was going to retire, who else is he going to bring in before Moyes has a say.

Has Moyes already told him to get Bale or Lewandoski or something, or has Fergie said "we are looking at these, what do you think". Will be very interesting so see what happens.

Always 2D.

Seeing it Wednesday and cannot wait.

Whatever is handiest. The post-converted 3D is good but it doesn't add much. I saw it in 3D and I'm not sorry that I did.

2D it is!

I'd rather take half the cash and sell him to Russia.

But we pay with those really nice, crisp bank notes. The ones you only get every now and then.

Btw guys, expect a pr post some stage today.

Lightning

Banned
You can never know with Marotta.

Higuain is 2-5M away from joining us. (Like G.Rossi and RVP..)
Diamanti. (???????????????????????)
Ibra. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Jovetic. (<3333333333333333333)
Andrea Poli.
Udinese FC and Atalanta FC players are all under consideration. (bi-annual tradition)
New young referees.

THIS.

Especially the part about Verratti. :(
I'll cry if Fiorentina choose to sell Jovetic to Juventus over us afterwards I will be very angry.

FootballFan

He's not gonna stay in a place where on top of the annoying press being on his ass 24/7, his own crowd boos him. Probably already drooling at the possibility of kicking Madrid out of the champions league next year with whatever club he ends up managing, on the Bernabeu, flipping the bird to the crowd/press/Casillas as he walks off.

He'd be my favourite person in football if he did that.

Lightning

Banned
Fiorentina will never choose this; they detest us. The only way Jovetic will go to Juve ahead of Arsenal, all bids being equal, is if Jovetic himself makes the decision.
That's just the thing the bids won't be equal, you will offer more money to Fiorentina then we will. £30 for Jovetic is a ripoff we're not going to pay that, all reports I'm reading is our offer is around the £25m area which is less than your offer.

I will be irritated with Jovetic as well for choosing Juventus over us but its understandable. Best of luck to him if that is the case.

That's just the thing the bids won't be equal, you will offer more money to Fiorentina then we will. £30 for Jovetic is a ripoff we're not going to pay that, all reports I'm reading is our offer is around the £25m area which is less than your offer.

I will be irritated with Jovetic as well for choosing Juventus over us but its understandable. Best of luck to him if that is the case.
I will be amazed if Juventus spend £30m on any one player this season.

I am pretty sure Marotta would not spend £30m on Messi if he was offered.

FootballFan

Why would Fabregas want to go to a mid-table Serie A team?

He has finally realised his real potential. De Gea for Cesc would be so goooood.

I only made it after people had spent a couple of pages talking about their heights :)

If you weren't in the discussion, you ain't on the graph :p

Hey I was on your side! As if you could/should have added everyone lol.

fixed.

although i do wonder how quickly Fabregas would re-acclimate to the EPL game.

:lol

Salazar

But we pay with those really nice, crisp bank notes. The ones you only get every now and then.

I think City should pay in unlimited, vaguely demeaning manual labour and odd jobs.

Resurface OT, drive DeGOD to English lessons, polish the Frogie monument.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I will be amazed if Juventus spend £30m on any one player this season.

I am pretty sure Marotta would not spend £30m on Messi if he was offered.

What I don't and will never get: We don't spend 30M on one player but it's perfectly okay to spend 35-40M on two or three (depth) players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom