• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

You can tell the next gen Fifa reveal is going to be disappointing. I bet it's just a video of a next gen model of Messi dribbling.

edit:

ACROSS:
1 PUTDOWN
5 HALF
7 CUE
8 FAREWELL
9 LILAC
13 KITE
16 BEGINS
18 SIDE
22 RUE

Down:
2 THEBLUES
3 OFFICE
4 NARROW
6 LULL
12 RETRIEVE
20 MIST

I hope so. I need epic meltdowns. :lol

Clegg

Like Sal said, it would be good if the links to Marchisio are real as it means United are looking to sign a quality midfielder.

And aren't the first iteration of next gen sports games usually just reskinned versions of last years current gen game?

Salazar

I want Fellaini. One of those guys you hate till he is on your team.

3cqElUy.gif

FootballFan

Wow that was a fantastic read.

"After he has praised Lionel Messi as "the most unbelievable player because there's no weapon against him when he is fit – no tactic will work", Klopp offers a startling insight. Rather than showing his team videos of Barça at their best, for displays of tika-taka are scarcely relevant to Marco Reus, the hugely energetic standard-bearer of Dortmund's lightning transitions, Klopp offers them photographs. He highlights the way in which Messi and his team-mates celebrate every goal "like it's the first they've ever scored. It's the perfect thing to show my team. I do it very often. I show them photographs of how Barcelona celebrate. I don't use videos because I don't copy Barça's style. But you see them celebrate goal number 5,868 like they've never scored before. This is what you should always feel – until you die."

Hngggggg

and

"It could not be our way to do things like Real and not think about taxes"

Exactly. Klopp is amazing.

Thank you Mou. You teached this team to defeat Barcelona, every time we won it felt like an upset.

You didn't won la 10ma and I hate you for that. You broke the dressing room and I hate you for that.

Hope the next manager is a true manager in every sense and bitchslaps all these Divas...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to follow some Bundesliga next year, I like Dortmund, but would like to cheer a mid table team, any suggestions?

Salazar

I choose Freiburg

Freiburg has traditionally bounced between the first and second tier of the German football league system, leading to the fan chant "We go down, we go up, we go into the UEFA Cup!" during the 1990s

fuenf

Jürgen Klopp rallies neutrals to support 'special' Borussia Dortmund

You had me at hello, Jurgen.

(Klopp) hits his head with his palm. "Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others' arms, when he left.

Moys pls

god damn Klopp. What an interview, I was a little sad when I read his comments on the Götze transfer. :( "The fact that Mourinho has since taken to phoning him regularly is another sign of Klopp's place at the peak of European coaching." Come on Newscorp tap in on those conversations, the world needs to hear them!

I love those comments under the article:
'Imagine backpacking across Europe with Kloppo & AVB.... the intensity'
-Can't see AVB with a backpack. Perhaps one of those swanky roller cases and a smoking jacket?'

lol

bjaelke

myY9xJV.jpg

Newcastle really under-performed this season (or over-performed last season).
What kind of football do they play? I adore Dortmunds style.

HSV have a really promising South Korean striker who netted 12 times this season. He's only 20 years old and I know that Spurs have been looking at him for some time. They missed out on Europa and could very well be forced to sell him.

fuenf

Btw. The Sun posted the same Klopp interview but I guess in an unedited version:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...rguson-Barcelona-man-management-and-more.html
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-QA-Dortmund-boss-on-the-Euro-final-more.html

On Lewandowski:
HOW CAN YOU MOTIVATE GOETZE AND LEWANDOWSKI WHO WILL BE PLAYING FOR BAYERN NEXT SEASON?

Number one, they are not sure they will ever have the opportunity to play a final again. Number two, it’s not sure Robert will play at Bayern next year. But if he goes that is either to a Treble winner or not to a Treble winner and he goes as a Champions League winner. So please, if you are intelligent enough take this f***ing pot and bring it in the dressing room in your new team and put it on the table.“It’s not certain that all the players will find it fantastic that they come in to take their places. So you have to bring something with you. The best thing is the Champions League trophy.”

On Sir Alex:

KLOPP ON ALEX FERGUSON

My whole life as an adult Alex Ferguson was coach of Manchester United. I only know this club wIth him as a coach. It’s unbelievable what he’s done. I never had the time, nor the possibility to go to Manchester United and watch training. I worked as a coach and never had the time to go see what others are doing.

It’s one of the biggest stories in the history of football. I don’t think anyone will ever do that again. He’s a great manager and really it’s not possible to do twice what he did there. Or something similar.

I don’t know if I would like to do it myself.

Arnie

Liverpool the most improved team. Swansea ending up with less points than last year.

Rodgers redeemed.

Despite what the goobers may tell you, Rodgers does not need redeeming.

:lol Klay

My friend once changed his gamertag to Dr Klay Blobby just for a laugh. Theoretically if Rooney's son becomes a Dr (looooool) he'll be Dr Klay Rooney.

Serie A table adjusted for refereeing mistakes/'mistakes' (+/- number is how much the team in question benefited or suffered from mistakes):

Juventus 85 87 (+2)
Napoli 71 78 (+7)
Fiorentina 71 70 (-1)
Roma 66 62 (-4)
Udinese 60 66 (+6)
Milan 58 72 (+14)
Catania 55 56 (+1)
Inter 55 54 (-1)
Lazio 54 61 (+7)
Parma 52 49 (-3)
Cagliari 46 47 (+1)
Bologna 46 44 (-2)
Torino 44 39 (-5)
Atalanta 42 40 (-2)
Genoa 39 38 (-1)
Chievo 36 45 (+9)
Sampdoria 35 42 (+7)
Palermo 35 32 (-3)
Siena 33 30 (-3)
Pescara 25 22 (-3)

Where'd Milan go??

dc89

Jürgen Klopp rallies neutrals to support 'special' Borussia Dortmund

You had me at hello, Jurgen.

(Klopp) hits his head with his palm. "Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others' arms, when he left.

Moys pls

Remember the other day when I mentioned the Shinji Kagawa user manual written by Klopp.

This is evidence it's either lost or destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom