• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I seriously don't give a rat's ass who you or any other neutral is going to support for the final.

I find that statement ludicrous. just turn on german TV. there are at least four times more ads with BVB than with bayern.
there isn't one ad break without klopp's face in it.

not a company my ass. they're are a company like everyone else which is totally fine
but then he's posting ridiculous schmalz just to be the lovable guy.

Mes Que Un Company.

Messi

I seriously don't give a rat's ass who you or any other neutral is going to support for the final.

I find that statement ludicrous. just turn on german TV. there are at least four times more ads with BVB than with bayern.
there isn't one ad break without klopp's face in it.

not a company my ass. they're are a company like everyone else which is totally fine
but then he's posting ridiculous schmalz just to be the lovable guy.

iOCG9jGZAfHo5.gif

Linius

Barcelona confirmed next season's shirts.

Home:
Fa13_FB_ClubKits_Barca_Authentic_Home_HERO_0476.v1369074484.jpeg

Away:
Fa13_FB_ClubKits_Barca_Authentic_Away_HERO_0472-Optimized.v1369124189.jpeg

it's weird that Nike did not manage to fuck either shirt this time around.

Oh man that Catalan flag design looks sexy. I might need to buy the away kit.

Gonna go Barca this season and Ajax next season (they have a new sponsor next year).

Feorax

So Papadopolous to cover centreback and defensive midfield.

Toure as experienced CB cover.

Capel on the left wing.

All for less than what we're supposedly offloading Andy Carroll for.

MONEYBALL!!!!!!!!!

dc89

Just got round to watching MoTD.

Damn, Linderlol. What the hell was he playing at? Maybe it was just a bad day at the office but he looked nothing like the keeper capable of pulling these kind of saves off.

511450-man-city-v-man-united.jpg

FootballFan

Barcelona confirmed next season's shirts.

Home:
Fa13_FB_ClubKits_Barca_Authentic_Home_HERO_0476.v1369074484.jpeg

Away:
Fa13_FB_ClubKits_Barca_Authentic_Away_HERO_0472-Optimized.v1369124189.jpeg

it's weird that Nike did not manage to fuck either shirt this time around.

So good. Like em both.

I like that the sponsor isn't yellow, would look too similar.

I am 28 today. Closing in on the big THIRTY fast.

Happy birthday :) May you make many more GIFs, I want one when Messi lifts his 5th Ballon d'Or thanks.

Tancredi reckons Dzeko + 33 million Euros for Cavani :lol

That's shades of the Eto'o + cash for Ibra swap.

Not really imo.

Eto'o was better than Ibra. So It was "player better than Ibra" + 30m for Ibra.

Dzeko is worse than Cavani. Worse enough that I think it wouldn't be that bad a deal for City. Could do better but that's not bad.

Dzeko + 20m would be more accurate, but it's not like money matters to Txiki and city.

GorillaJu

Have you guys talked about our interest in Lucas Digne yet? Fucking great player, would love it if we got our grubby paws on him. Don't think Lille will want to sell to us for the kind of money we have, though. Lots of teams could use him...

Zabojnik

I will be pretty surprised if Jovetic moves to Arsenal, honestly.

I won't. City are apparently after Cavani, so that leaves (for now) us and Arsenal. Marry will find a way to fuck it up somehow, as he always does, so ... #JojoWilshireFTW

I think our primary target is Higuain.

Feorax

Have you guys talked about our interest in Lucas Digne yet? Fucking great player, would love it if we got our grubby paws on him. Don't think Lille will want to sell to us for the kind of money we have, though. Lots of teams could use him...

Would definitely be a great buy. I also reckon, given his age and potential, he'd be one FSG would stump up the money for if they believed he could do the business. We desperately need cover/competition for Enrique though.

Papadopolous, Toure, Digne, Ilori, and then a winger like Capel would be a wonderful summer if we kept the likes of Suarez and Reina.

EDIT: Palermi's confirmation has arrived. Here we go...

EDIT 2: Arsenal bid €30 million for Jovetic.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1m

It's no more just a contact,or interest.Since yesterday an Arsenal bid is on Fiorentina's table:30m € for Jovetic,exactly the price tag (1)

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 32s

Players fully keen to move.Fiorentina asked few days of stand-by.They will meet Juventus in next hours to check for a raise.Otherwise...

Jovetic time.

Wes

venison crêpe
Love that an Arsenal fan edited and posted a 11 minute video of Jovetic last month in preparation. That's dedication.

I don't think Arsenal are an attractive destination for him, but I could be wrong.

More likely than Juve, though, just because Fiorentina are involved.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from. I mean, I am most definitely biased but I still feel like Arsenal can be a rather attractive destination for a player. Champions league football, living in London, working with Wenger and a surprisingly large amount of money to throw about. Although of course that last point is one which is easy to forget given our reluctance to do so in recent years and it remains to be seen whether we will go on to do so this summer.

A big factor in my optimism also is the fact that there are so many other big name strikers on the market this transfer window. Where in other years Arsenal would be priced out/less attractive than other clubs this year the focus is on Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski, Higuain, Dzeko, Tevez and so on.

Having said all that I must be honest and say that I have no idea how good a signing Jovetic would be for us. Not in that I think he is not good enough, more that I just genuinely do not know much about the player and his qualities. I guess I have to trust that if Wenger is finally willing to spend big money on a player then he must rate him rather highly.

EDIT: Well this reply has taken on a new light now I guess hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom