• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned

I think Liverpool will make a much better fist of it next season but they still have a long way to go. Whereas Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea have been in good form despite being under intense pressure, I think Liverpool only really 'clicked' once the pressure was off and they could stop worrying about Europe and just crush a bunch of teams that had already gone on holiday. I'll be interested to see if they can start next season they way the ended this one.

Assuming Suarez doesn't leave they might actually beat more than one team in the top 8 next season ;)

sinkface.jpg

Feorax

Hype.

Now begins the tough task of convincing Shalke to sell, and him to join us.

Apparently he's keen on the move. It's all down to what we can do with Schalke.

Having given it some thought, I think we may have dodged a bullet a bit with Eriksen. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, and I think he would do well in the Premier League, but we already have Coutinho, Suso and Teixiera, all who are within a few years of each other in terms of age. Adding a fourth number 10 in his early 20's would be a clusterfuck, and would likely mean either Suso or Teixiera becomes the new Pacheco, and we have to sell them on having screwed up their development.

Arnie

:lol

There's a video on the official website of Suarez going in goal during training. It's in slow motion and set to some opera. Proper funny.

Apparently he's keen on the move. It's all down to what we can do with Schalke.

Having given it some thought, I think we may have dodged a bullet a bit with Eriksen. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, and I think he would do well in the Premier League, but we already have Coutinho, Suso and Teixiera, all who are within a few years of each other in terms of age. Adding a fourth number 10 in his early 20's would be a clusterfuck, and would likely mean either Suso or Teixiera becomes the new Pacheco, and we have to sell them on having screwed up their development.
Where'd you read he was keen?

And regarding Eriksen/Suso. Whilst Eriksen would come in and improve the team immediately, Suso will be the best player in the world so I wouldn't want to stall his development.

Imagine the pressure Moyes will be under if you don't win your first game.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'd like to think that our fans aren't quite that stupid. I don't think Moyes will be too worried about media pressure as long as the fans are still onside.

Don't be so silly. United challenge for the title every single year. There's no chance you'll be fighting for a CL spot alone.

You never know. Bottom line is I want us to finish top 4.

That's based on the following:

- Mourinho at Chelsea with FFP breaking amounts of money to spend.
- Pellegrini picking up a City side that will also have plenty to spend and is generally fairly decent.
- Arsen- nah nevermind.
- The fact that Moyes needs to teach himself how to gamble and win matches. You need to win matches to hit top four and above. His Everton sides drew too often.

Clegg

I was hoping United would sign James but thats not on the cards now. We could have used him on either wing or through the middle.

So either we find another player who can play on the left or we're stuck with Ashley Young again.

No clue who we'll sign now. Think we'll get Strootman if we push for him though. Can't see him going to Arsenal if he has a choice between us or them. Don't know if we're actually still interested in him or not.

Linius

Pfft, gonna miss the Xbox reveal press event. Normally I have to stay up till midnight and that one time it's on a good time over here I have school :/

You guys remember the winter where Citeh were rumoured to have bid 100m for Kaka? No one believed it :lol

That was the best transfer window ever. Still bitterly disappointed we never saw them try Messi or Ronaldo. I wonder how much they would have offered...

Messi

You guys remember the winter where Citeh were rumoured to have bid 100m for Kaka? No one believed it :lol

That was the best transfer window ever. Still bitterly disappointed we never saw them try Messi or Ronaldo. I wonder how much they would have offered...

Wasnt it Anzi who met Messi's buyout clause and he refused. lol.

WJD

Any end of season montages from Sky/BBC knocking about anywhere? Been balls deep in textbooks the past few days and only just come up for a bit of air.

Wilbur

Banned
Thoughts:

- fuck Monaco
- fuck Hamez
- fuck Gareth
- fuck Madrid
- love Moysey
- feel like watching Space Jam
- quiche looks younger than me
- should I try to fuck him
- doing a shit right now in a shopping centre toilet and someone's left their trousers in this cubicle

Sky montages consist purely of the same goal footage and celebration we've already seen, accompanied by cheap graphics. They are the Comic Sans of production value. Fan made videos however are class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom