• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

I am only interested in games. It seems like it was games free so I wont bother. Hopefully E3 will have more focus on games.

Not sure about this internet connection required stuff though. I have limited internet, I dont need MS downloading its gig+ system updates whenever it feels like it.

GorillaJu

My reaction after PS4 conference: "Lots of questions I want answered. Just what cool stuff is this system gonna do? Next gen can't come soon enough."

My reaction after XB1 conference: "Lots of questions I demand answered. Just what else are they cutting from games? Next gen can wait."

FootballFan

Always makes me laugh when people get aggressive in their defense of the way Gaf chugs under heavy traffic. Its like they're hoping Evilore will read it and cut them in for a slice of the pie.

@rodvik, I'm loving it

:lol

The criticism is absolutely justified too. A site this big, that is meant to be one of the lead gaming news websites, shouldn't break down every time any news comes out.

For example, during e3, you know 100% that you won't be able to see anything as you'll get a 505 server error.

As you said, people defending it are hoping the mods see it for extra star stickers. No other logical reason you'd defend such a problem.

I just hope no one gets banned for those sort of criticisms.

Scum

I am only interested in games. It seems like it was games free so I wont bother. Hopefully E3 will have more focus on games.

Not sure about this internet connection required stuff though. I have limited internet, I dont need MS downloading its gig+ system updates whenever it feels like it.

It just seems like EA MS wants to force a move to DD. Like a walled off version of Steam. Can't resell digitally downloaded game -> cut out used games selling.

Clegg

Fellaini & Carrick or Fellaini & Cleverley?

I'm wishing for a creative MC and ST.

Fellaini and Carrick all day errday.

Still think we'd need another midfielder. Maybe a box to box one cm to replace Fletcher. He'll still be around next season but I doubt Fletch will ever get back to his old standard of performances.

Spurs have a pretty balanced team now. You're right about the striker but maybe you could hold off the creative midfielder and give Holtby some more time to work his way into the team.

The criticism is absolutely justified too. A site this big, that is meant to be one of the lead gaming news websites, shouldn't break down every time any news comes out.

For example, during e3, you know 100% that you won't be able to see anything as you'll get a 505 server error.

As you said, people defending it are hoping the mods see it for extra star stickers. No other logical reason you'd defend such a problem.

I just hope no one gets banned for those sort of criticisms.

People sometimes act as though the fact that membership is free makes it inconsequential, but if I was an advertiser on here I'd wonder what was going on when the target audience is prevented from seeing the advert at supposedly the most oppurtune times.

I'm sure there are valid reasons for it, but its weird when one day Evilore posts about the amount of revenue generated by the site, and the next the servers fall over because of an easily-predicted spike in traffic.

Scum

Fellaini and Carrick all day errday.

Still think we'd need another midfielder. Maybe a box to box one cm to replace Fletcher. He'll still be around next season but I doubt Fletch will ever get back to his old standard of performances.

Spurs have a pretty balanced team now. You're right about the striker but maybe you could hold off the creative midfielder and give Holtby some more time to work his way into the team.

---------- RVP -----------
Nani --- Kagawa --- Zaha
--- Felliani ----- Carrick

People sometimes act as though the fact that membership is free makes it inconsequential, but if I was an advertiser on here I'd wonder what was going on when the target audience is prevented from seeing the advert at supposedly the most oppurtune times.

I'm sure there are valid reasons for it, but its weird when one day Evilore posts about the amount of revenue generated by the site, and the next the servers fall over because of an easily-predicted spike in traffic.
On the other hand, it doesn't help when the Carnival of Stupid enter full muppet mode and spam nonsense after nonsense and quote the same .gifs after .gifs as well as starting idiotic threads every 5secs.

---------- RVP -----------
Nani --- Kagawa --- Zaha
--- Felliani ----- Carrick

On the other hand, it doesn't help when the Carnival of Stupid enter full muppet mode and spam nonsense after nonsense and quote the same .gifs after .gifs as well as starting idiotic threads every 5secs.

It makes the megathreads better to read afterwards tbf.

A full page of 'YOU WILL BE SUCKED' provides nostalgic lols

rodvik

Banned Paper

Charles N'Zogbia is the latest Premier League player to be targeted by Monaco.

Well, lol

FUCK YEAH!

tumblr_lz7voq9Qi01qjk64xo1_500.gif

sohois

Monaco's formation for next season?

Falcao-Carroll
N'zogbia-?-?-?
----?-?-?-?---
------GK-----

What other mediocre PL players can they add?

dc89

Btw, City unveiled their new kit.

Raised the price too. It's now $108 to get a shirt with a name and badge.. $80 with no printing. :( Now the shirt won't fit as well as Umbro and it will cost more. What more could you ask for?

Dat stick on crest. :(
Time to stockpile Umbro stuff.

Timurid

MPW

I know, but i dont want Moutinho going over there. :(

We don't want Zenit's trash.

So I read that Real are willing to cough up Di Maria, Coentrao, and Pepe for Ancelotti. :lol

you can have pepe for ancelotti

di maria and coentrao - nope

Salazar

Ian Wright ‏@IanWright0 3m
Glad to see Wayne Rooney confirm what I wrote last week. He's being forced out of united! Your welcome.

Fuck off you know-nothing twat

That Xbox stuff you lot were talking about last night, you can't just say ignore the extra stuff if you don't want it when they've gone and designed the system around that stuff. And I don't mean it's physically impossible to ignore that stuff, I mean that the reason the system isn't as powerful as it could be is because of that stuff. Also, you're paying for and using Kinect whether you like it or not.

It's pretty clever how they've positioned this new Xbox to take over the living room to be honest. You plug whatever tv box you own into your Xbox, under the guise of their one input/fast switching system, then the first thing you see when you go to watch tv is the dashboard and their ads.

My reaction after PS4 conference: "Lots of questions I want answered. Just what cool stuff is this system gonna do? Next gen can't come soon enough."

My reaction after XB1 conference: "Lots of questions I demand answered. Just what else are they cutting from games?Next gen can wait."
What did they cut from games?

Tc91

That article in the mirror about Rooney not handing in a transfer request is such waffle, all these journo's do is sit there and make shit up, give me that job.

The Mirror understands that Ferguson had even explored using Rooney as bait in an incredible player-plus-cash swap deal to bring Manchester City keeper Joe Hart to Old Trafford.

Where the hell do they get these ideas from cause I have a strong feeling its from their arse. No quotes or anything in the whole article.

That article in the mirror about Rooney not handing in a transfer request is such waffle, all these journo's do is sit there and make shit up, give me that job.

Where the hell do they get these ideas from cause I have a strong feeling its from their arse. No quotes or anything in the whole article.
I love those sort of nonsense stories. Mainly because I have a friend who believes every single one of them and they always make their way back to for lols.

Bit harsh considering a lot of the article reads very much like something Rooney wanted to put out there.

bjaelke

John Duerden @JohnnyDuerden
Liverpool's Ian Ayre has told Korean media that the club are interested in signing Son Heung-min of Hamburg.

Could acquire him for €10m.

---

Bild claims that HSV will sack Frank Arnesen today.

Kenka

John Duerden @JohnnyDuerden
Liverpool's Ian Ayre has told Korean media that the club are interested in signing Son Heung-min of Hamburg.

Could acquire him for €10m.

---

Bild claims that HSV will sack Frank Arnesen today.
Both news seem consistent with a sale of Son. Arnesen hasn't performed that well during his mandate, he could have done more with different means. HSV has debts and look in worse shape than Schalke themselves in that regard.

confuziz

Banned
Doin' it right
Everybody will be dancing
And we'll be feeling it right
And be doin' it right
When we're feeling all right
Everybody will be dancing tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.