• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At lot of the journalists seem to be really liking the new Kinect. It looks like it might finally live up to what was promised.

They really liked the first kinect at reveal as well, so much positive feedback and it turned out to be shit. But honestly even if Kinect did work as advertised, the only thing I would find funny that I can think of is still the dance games.

Kinect reads your heart rate? I'm out. Do not want to be watched all day every day.

It will record your masturbation sessions too I bet. Will Messi be the first to get all achivements?

MPW

Xbox One Reveal:

Ag5z7.gif

If Sony don't kill pre owned gaming and have a decent looking console, they've got this

Going PS4 for sure when I finish my degree

pretty much

ps4 it is

Salvadora

Everyone should read this fantastic interview the Guardian did with Klopp.
Robert Lewandowski, who scored all four goals against Real, will almost certainly leave – probably also for Bayern, already strong enough to have obliterated Barcelona 7-0 in the other semi-final.

"What can I say?" Klopp says with his only shrug in a 90-minute interview at Puma's office in Dortmund. "If that's what Bayern wants … It's like James Bond – except they are the other guy [the villain]."
he looks suddenly stricken when I ask about his shock after he heard Götze would be gone this summer. "It was like a heart attack. It was one day after Málaga [whom Dortmund beat with two desperately late goals in the quarter-final]. I had one day to celebrate and then somebody thought: 'Enough, go back down on the floor.' At our training ground Michael Zorc [the general manager] walked in like somebody had died. He said: 'I have to tell you something. It's possible that …'"
Some Dortmund players were so affected they could not sleep after hearing Götze's news. "That's the truth," Klopp concedes. "I called six or seven players who I knew were damaged in the heart. They thought they were not good enough – and they wanted to win together. That's the reason it hurt them so much. But Bayern told Mario: 'It's now or never.' I told him they will come next year. They will come in two years, and then three years. But he's 20 and he thought: 'I must go.' I know how difficult it will be to find a player to replace Götze but, next year, we will play differently. It just takes time."
He was soon known across Germany. His incisive yet amusing work as a television pundit brought him a first flush of fame. More importantly, his outstanding coaching impressed Bayern Munich. "Uli Hoeness [Bayern's president] asked if I would see him. I said: 'Yes sir – I have to ask my mother first but I think it will be fine.' He told me they were thinking of two coaches and I was one of them. Later Hoeness decided on Jürgen Klinsmann. It wasn't too disappointing – for a second division manager to be called by Bayern is not the worst thing in the world."

Klopp was also approached by Hamburg. In the end their hierarchy offered the job to Martin Jol because, unlike Klopp, he wore a suit when interviewed. "I know why I didn't get the job," Klopp says. "They came to my house but two out of three guys wanted me. One of them was not sure. I looked like this [Klopp gestures at his unkempt appearance]. I'm sorry!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league
The man is a legend. The Gotze stuff is heartbreaking :/

Meier

k0ITLyt.jpg

Old? Compare QPR's payout this season vs Bayern and Dortmund.

GolTV is on the way out.. they need to actively try and negotiate a decent deal with Fox, ESPN, BeIn or NBC for US rights going forward. Should help get the teams at least a little more money.

Looks well. I like a plain kit, me.

Yeah, it's not too shabby. A bit too plain for my tastes personally (they don't even have those weird holes in the side that most of Nike's new shirts have) but that's okay. I'm just sad I won't be able to order a perfectly fitted 40" shirt now. :(

Lightning

Banned
Now that asshole Pulis has bit the dust. Huge gap between Wenger and the next longest serving manager.

£30mil for Jovetic is a rip-off. Hope we look elsewhere.

rodvik

GolTV is on the way out.. they need to actively try and negotiate a decent deal with Fox, ESPN, BeIn or NBC for US rights going forward. Should help get the teams at least a little more money.

Yeah it is crazy. I get the German League coverage over here. It is terrible. No hype, few games, just terrible. Waste of the TV right I think.

Salvadora

Now that asshole Pulis has bit the dust. Huge gap between Wenger and the next longest serving manager.

£30mil for Jovetic is a rip-off. Hope we look elsewhere.
I don't think you have to worry about that to be honest.

Regardless of the supposed funds we have available I can't see up jumping to that level (in terms of overpaying for players). I highly doubt Wenger has done a complete 360 on that.

Lightning

Banned
Everyone should read this fantastic interview the Guardian did with Klopp.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league
The man is a legend. The Gotze stuff is heartbreaking :/
What Gotze did isn't any different to how Cesc broke Wenger's heart when he left us.

I don't think you have to worry about that to be honest.

Regardless of the supposed funds we have available I can't see up jumping to that level (in terms of overpaying for players). I highly doubt Wenger has done a complete 360 on that.
Course he hasn't but I'm allowed hope. If he doesn't come, he doesn't come. No big deal.

At least we're in the CL and Spurs aren't!

rodvik

Actually being more serious. RDM or even Rafa would be a good shout for Newcastle. Although we have fun with them they are a very big club. They could attract a high quality manager.

Salvadora

What Gotze did isn't any different to how Cesc broke Wenger's heart when he left us.
It's why I empathise with what's happening/happened at Dortmund so much. Player after player leaving, and they've been successful!

Course he hasn't but I'm allowed hope. If he doesn't come, he doesn't come. No big deal.

At least we're in the CL and Spurs aren't!
I mean that I don't think we'll have to spend £30m to get Jovetic (I hope), especially if Juve are our main rivals for his signature.

If ever we were to spend top money on a player at the moment, it needs to be a striker.

I'm reading that Valdes has been offered to us... I'm praying to God that one doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom