• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a clue but I've never felt so detached. It was back in my pomp of knowing everything there was to know about games, and the incredulity of a major PS3 exclusive just slipping my radar was funny enough.

How times change. Once Uni's over I
hope to fall back in love with gaming.
Maybe if I can't make any friends in London ill just lock myself away and catch Pokemon.

Yea you turkey

I actually found this to be the case once I left uni.

Feorax

Phew.

It's quite disturbing how little I care any more. I remember my family saying I'd get bored of it as I grew older (I was 15 at the time) and I was like naaaaa. And then it happened.

New generation always helps re-spark interest with me. This one has gone on far too long, I think most people are sick of it now.

Arnie

New generation always helps re-spark interest with me. This one has gone on far too long, I think most people are sick of it now.
Hope so.

I remember being so excited for the 360. We took a family trip to Amsterdam when I was 12 and I read the EGM that revealed it cover to cover numerous times. And a 442 where Cisse talked about how he was going to become the next Henry.

That didn't fucking happen, did it Djibril?

Mastadon

Banned
Hope so.

I remember being so excited for the 360. We took a family trip to Amsterdam when I was 12 and I read the EGM that revealed it cover to cover numerous times. And a 442 where Cisse talked about how he was going to become the next Henry.

That didn't fucking happen, did it Djibril?

Maybe he meant Camara?

Tc91

Keys and Gray on Talksport has been fantastic, Calderon was great but Roger Speed then talking about Gary :( That was a fantastic interview.

Messi

It would only be right for me to dc this, but as we all know City revealed their kit last night. But it will be onsale on the 27th of May. Also for Meier, sportsdirect have it for 50 euro for 70ish dollars

Arnie

You shouldn't be so harsh on Cisse, the injuries he suffered could have ended his career.
He was an infuriatingly inconsistent player before and after the injuries. The jump in consistency from him, Baros, and Crouch to Torres was enough to rip a whole in the space/time continuum.

Wes

venison crêpe
If you had put £1 on the shortest odds offered by the bookies in each of the 380 games (ie the result they thought most likely), then you would have lost £28.91 over the course of the season. If you had put £1 on all 379 results Lawro predicted, you would have made £18.60.

Lawro vindicated.

Bonera has signed a contract extension to June 30, 2015. Too bad Juve-GAF, we'll appreciate his skills and talent until he retires. You missed a great chance there.

Mastadon

Banned
Lots more suggestions today that we're targeting Lucas Digne.

imz1UJA.gif

Arnie

Just seen the Thiago stuff and I'm gobsmacked. How and why Barcelona can let him go for that little is beyond me. United fans should be windmilling in public spaces at the moment. Class player.

Just seen that Badstuber suffered a recurrence of his knee injury, too. Forget 'fuck Bayern' that's just tragic.

Tc91

Apparently Graham Hunter says United are in pole position to sign Thiago Alcantara.

Moysey Pls.

Graham Hunter on Talksport talking about it! Starts at 5:15

Just seen the Thiago stuff and I'm gobsmacked. How and why Barcelona can let him go for that little is beyond me. United fans should be windmilling in public spaces at the moment. Class player.

Just seen that Badstuber suffered a recurrence of his knee injury, too. Forget 'fuck Bayern' that's just tragic.

I don't know if I'll be going that far but the muppet juices are flowing now, I love and hate this time of year.

Mastadon

Banned
If you had put £1 on the shortest odds offered by the bookies in each of the 380 games (ie the result they thought most likely), then you would have lost £28.91 over the course of the season. If you had put £1 on all 379 results Lawro predicted, you would have made £18.60.

Lawro vindicated.

The £18.60 isn't worth having to read the bollocks he spews out.

You'll be pleased to know my cock is fully out on this one.

K1LLER7

In that article it says he has a release clause of €90m but because he hasn't played a required amount of games, it's dropped to around €20m.

Would be a great signing but I don't think we'll get him. Pep will be in for him, probably City and Chelsea too.

Messi

Its all about Thiago wanting to push into the first team. But right now Xavi or Iniesta are not budging.

Selling Thiago is a mistake.

If Barcelona are willing to let Thiago go it's not for lack of talent. Huge mistake though. I'm sure they would look to include a buy-back clause if they did sell.

Portuguese media:

- James Rodriguez and Moutinho heading to Monaco. 70€ million for both.

- Vitor Pereira (Porto manager) heading to Everton.

- Benfica got Matic younger brother.

K1LLER7

talkSPORT's Spanish football expert, Graham Hunter, claims Manchester United are in pole position to land Barcelona starlet Thiago Alcantara and believes they would be getting a 'bargain'.

“Thiago Alcantara's been breaking through the ranks at Barcleona for a few years,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “Man United have had a tickle at him twice already, and at one stage they asked me to put them in touch with his father, who I know. They tried to sign him once and he wasn't ready to go.

“Man United thought Cesc Fabregas' arrival would diminish the amount of game time that Thiago would get and that has been true.

“His development needs more game time whether that's in the Camp Nou or at Old Trafford.

“Man United are so well informed, given the number of times that they have watched him.

“There is definitely a big decision to come for Barcelona and Thiago because they need the money to restock generally and he needs to play.

“He’s seen as a two footed creative midfielder and on a number of occasion he's played in the pivot role.

“Although he is a young man who does more showy things than he should, he can play two or three positions at Man United. The price would be around £15million, which would be a bargain.”

Tc91

A bit of Neymar talk in that Talksport link by the way, City are now in for him and Graham Hunter says they'd have to pay 40 million euros to Barca on top of the 60 million to Santos.

Slizz

A bit of Neymar talk in that Talksport link by the way, City are now in for him and Graham Hunter says they'd have to pay 40 million euros to Barca on top of the 60 million to Santos.

Lol what in the fuck. That is so much money.... for the unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom