• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

Article on German football in the Guardian - http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/22/bundesliga-premier-league-champions-league

Obviously not news to the Germans among us lol but interesting anyway
Also from the same newspaper:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/22/bundesliga-fifa-2022-world-cup-qatar

Seifert tells a few words of truth about the FIFA, regarding the decision to attribute the world cup organization to Qatar. He is right and I hope some will have the courage to denounce these miserable schemes happening inside the organization.

Timurid

Do you see Monaco as a true title contender now they're on a buying spree?
Tbh it depends on fast the new players and maybe a new manager can gel with the rest of the team. PSG struggled last season and first half of this season due to new players and manager changes.

I think Monaco can get at least 3rd maybe 2nd, but that seems pushing it.

OMerde are selling their players due to debt, so they'll be weaken next year. Lyon can mount a good challenge if they keep their players and get bastos back (I think he is on loan at Schalke). 3rd is definately possible for Monaco.

Fergie

Banned
Dat cringeworthy Coke advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7qTHbOEiDY

King of cringe

That's not cringe, it can actually kill.

iPBOM6AYBE0LH.gif

Man Chicha... Moyes better play him.

Context?

Yeah Alice Eve is fucking ravishing. Dat English Rose.

Linius

Tbh it depends on fast the new players and maybe a new manager can gel with the rest of the team. PSG struggled last season and first half of this season due to new players and manager changes.

I think Monaco can get at least 3rd maybe 2nd, but that seems pushing it.

OMerde are selling their players due to debt, so they'll be weaken next year. Lyon can mount a good challenge if they keep their players and get bastos back (I think he is on loan at Schalke). 3rd is definately possible for Monaco.

Looking forward to see it. Just when you start PSG will dominate for a long time.

Meier

City are in NYC. Probably just went to ball at one of the street courts.. I can't remember the name of that really famous one. The Ruckus or something. Probably taken there.

(looked up the court I was thinking off.. Rucker Park -- not sure if that is from there or not though)

FootballFan

Shit league though. We can't bash Neymar for playing in Brazil one day, and praise Messi the next.

Keep dreaming mate. When he becomes the top scorer in CL history, you won't be able to bash any of his 'weak' opposition. Unless you want to call CL shit of course.

Should actually get the number 1 spot either next season or the season after that.

Wilbur

Banned
Shit league though. We can't bash Neymar for playing in Brazil one day, and praise Messi the next.

None of the top leagues are great defensively. Germany and Italy are more solid than England and Spain, but we're both probably better offensively overall as a league than the other two.

Tc91

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Manchester City's target and Pellegrini's pupil Isco is very close to sign for Real Madrid after a meeting at Bernabeu of his father/agent

The masterplan is falling apart before it even started.

#basedtxiki

Blablurn's was better though. That shit was incredible.

Blablurn said:
"yeah, look at him, he is so awesome, he always makes jokes and pleases me with his nice and friendly attitude ^_____________^ i really hope *gasps* i really hope he is going to be our new coach ^___^ . Cause you know, I have absolutely no doubt that Klopp can make it in England! He is ready to replace our current coach. Maybe he will stay even longer than our current one!! Just imagine, 19 years of Klopp would make my heart bump like never before ^__^ And did I mention his press conferences??? ooooooh eeemmm geeeeeee, he is so funny once he starts with all the jokes and teasing. hahahahaha, i wish our coach would be a lil like him. i mean, he became a solid 2nd this year. woooow, and winning two titles in a row before. HE IS COOL RIGHT? I MEAN.... THE PRESS CONFERENCE ARE QUITE SOMETHING! he is quite the mouthfull roflolololo. U know... if he really joins us.... maybe it also means we have a shot at Gündogan????? I think a german would say something like this: heilige scheissendreck!!! hahaha, Gündogan could be the missing place in our midfield puzzle. in combination with klopp we could be a european force for years!! i mean, and just imagine... every pre-match conference would be a true highlight since Klopp is speaking. And wow, from what I saw in youtube he is always happy and friendly. A TRUE PEOPLE'S MAN! HIM AND GÜNDOGAN WILL BRING US BACK TO GLORY TIMES!!!! "

FootballFan

None of the top leagues are great defensively. Germany and Italy are more solid than England and Spain, but we're both probably better offensively overall as a league than the other two.

I actually think defending has got shit everywhere. Scoring 30 goals a season isn't that special anymore. Torres scored what? 22?

Cavani, Falcao, Ronaldo, Gomez, RVP, Suarez, Bale, Ibra etc these guys can all reach 30+ a season if they stay fit. Messi fit can reach about 75+. Michu scored a shitload too.

Lots of moments this season where you see someone say "wtf why did he just let *name player* shoot?"

It's because Puyol has been injured.

Messi is only 12 goals behind 2nd best Spanish striker of all time Raul. Next season or the season after he will break that record with about 50+ games less than Raul had to take. What a legend.

fuenf

The only thing more impressive than my cock, Wilbury, is Fuenf's meltdown.

My word he really lost the plot.

Blablurn's was better though. That shit was incredible.

Come on that wasnt a meltdown, it was a clarification. I consider myself a teacher and I just wanted to educate you about the shit BayernFans have to deal with in Germany. That can't possibly be my signature meltdown moment.... I praised Dortmund and their fans, I didnt hype up Bayern, no that's not a meltdown.

Wilbur

Banned
Talk Spurs are in for Damiao again and Soldado. Hopefully common sense would prevail and they'd go for the latter. He'd be great in the Premier League.

Arnie

Fuenf is more sane than ever. You are more biased towards Dortmund than he is of Bayern!
loooooool

He really isn't. His bias caused him to throw a wobbler. Criticise Dortmund all you want and ill never melt, because I don't really care. Unless they're playing Bayern, in which case the world cares.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm totally going to write some Gossip Girl fan fiction that ends in a quarter of the cast getting AIDS and moving to Copenhagen to die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom