• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

BK5eN9_CQAEIoaN.jpg:large

No Aguero
No Kompany

Already transferred.

Timurid

Oh right I forgot to post it here.

Auckland City are going to the Club World Cup again! They had to beat Waitakere City to qualify. Won 2-1.

What a moment.
they go every damn year lol
I was watching Guangzhou vs Mariners today. Mariners were awful and they were denied a consolation goal at the 90th min. :lol

I'm guessing that aussie clubs don't do well in Asian Champions league.

rodvik

Watching Dortmund/Malaga game. My god Goetze is an amazing player. I just watched him take the ball out of defence , run through the entire malaga team which was in front of him and be on the end of a shot on goal at the other end.

Stunning.

Wilbur

Banned
City was better than United last year, right?

Marginally. Ended up level on points after all. But yes they were better.

Why would anyone expect me to answer different :lol, it's like you're surprised I'm not as blinkered as you guys.

If you're genuinely arguing Doetmhnd weren't better than you last season then I don't know what to think.

FootballFan

I was watching Guangzhou vs Mariners today. Mariners were awful and they were denied a consolation goal at the 90th min. :lol

Don't think so. Though CCM aren't the greatest representation of A League imo. Kinda like when Chelsea represented Europe at the Club World Cup.

Wellington Phoenix would have destroyed Guangzhou.

fuenf

I have strange feelings about the Final, whats wrong with me?

I want Bayern to win but in exciting fashion. I hate the fact that it's a German final because of the "unbiased" German reporters and another Dortmund game just isnt as exciting, just doesnt have that international feel. I hate knowing that Bayern is clearly the better team and deserves it more.

FootballFan

I want Bayern to win but in exciting fashion. I hate the fact that it's a German final because of the "unbiased" German reporters and another Dortmund game just isnt as exciting, just doesnt have that international feel. I hate knowing that Bayern is clearly the better team and deserves it more.

Stahp Bayern-gaf. Stahp.

Where's Odd? Wake up you fuck. That 22 year old, Masato Kudo is beasting this season. Already has 13 goals in 19 games.

Zacc should call him up for the national team.

spidye

Marginally. Ended up level on points after all. But yes they were better.

Why would anyone expect me to answer different :lol, it's like you're surprised I'm not as blinkered as you guys.

If you're genuinely arguing Doetmhnd weren't better than you last season then I don't know what to think.

no, I think dortmund was better

I was interested what you thought about city finishing above UTD at the last day and if you still consider them the better team

that's all

Wilbur

Banned

but wot if dortmund win the final then they are the best rite?

Inconceivable to me that anyone would argue anything other than: Dortmund have been great this season, especially in the Champions League. But Bayern have been better. It just wouldn't happen.

So I'm confused as to why Fry and Spidye think I'd have a different opinion when it came to United's standing besides City and Chelsea haha

Genuinely, I'm a little tired of this Bayern antagonism because I fear it's gonna scare some of the Bayern fans off, but when they say odd things like they do tonight they can hardly blame FootyGAF when they pile on.

May the best team win though!

FootballFan

what now? Going by the logic applied in this thread the domestic league stands above all.

I like Bayern more than Dortmund, I'm just saying, you don't deserve anything. You deserve what you earn. If you win the final, then you deserved it.

fake-edit
I guess you said "deserve it more" but still..

Wilbur

Banned
no, I think dortmund was better

I was interested in what you thought about city finishing at the last day above UTD and if you still consider them the better team

that's all

Ah well that's alright, apologies that I've misconstrued it. But yeah. League performance is always the way you should judge a team's quality.

Timurid

Don't think so. Though CCM aren't the greatest representation of A League imo. Kinda like when Chelsea represented Europe at the Club World Cup.

Wellington Phoenix would have destroyed Guangzhou.

Mariners were pretty bad.

I have to say i was impressed on how Lippi managed this Guangzhou team. He kept them nicely organized in the back. I think he was using a 3-5-2, but i'm not sure about that.

I'm going to try to watch more Asian matches in the future.

Who does Guangzhou play next? I know Kashiwa Reysol already qualified with their win over Jeonbuk.

fuenf

I like Bayern more than Dortmund, I'm just saying, you don't deserve anything. You deserve what you earn. If you win the final, then you deserved it.

fake-edit
I guess you said "deserve it more" but still..

Dont you feel they've earned the right to finally win it after being in the final 3 times in 4 years? After dominating every round of this years competition?

Dortmund just has the destiny's team feel. A final is always 50-50 and whoever wins it deserve it, but after Chelsea a Dortmund win would basically be the death of football.

Dont you feel they've earned the right to finally win it after being in the final 3 times in 4 years? After dominating every round of this years competition?

Dortmund just has the destiny's team feel. A final is always 50-50 and whoever wins it deserve it, but after Chelsea a Dortmund win would basically be the death of football.

Oh wow

fuenf

loooool

Come on, man. Let me ask you straight up: do you think Dortmund were better than Bayern last season?

I remember making a post about how Bayern losing to Dortmund in the league & cup devalues the CL title because Dortmund could genuinely claim they were the better team :(

They were better, but when I said they weren't ultimately better, I meant they didn't have a better squad. I think Bayern had a better squad and obviously still do.

yeah... all this arguing about semantics, I'm absolutely on your side on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom