• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
My point was that Ronaldo losing the ball in silly ways was more acceptable because of the position it happened in. Obviously it'll always happen to any player with the slightest bit of flair, but it is a lot more potentially harmful when it happens in the positions (I think) Thiago takes up than Ronaldo's.

I know that was your point lol, hence why I said Thiago will be made to learn quicker rather than Ronaldo, who will get a bit more leeway to be an individualistic twat.

Anyway, don't think it's too much to worry about. Evra, Phil and Rio are always doing stupid things at the back haha.

Isco close to signing for Madrid?

Meier is going to lose it if/when that happens.

Told him long time - hearts are broken in the summer transfer window. Don't fall in love.

K1LLER7

Isco close to signing for Madrid?

Meier is going to lose it if/when that happens.

Told him long time - hearts are broken in the summer transfer window. Don't fall in love.

#MouraPowellFuture :'(

I think if we were to sign Thiago, he'll be played on one of the wings. He's seems like a similar player to Oscar/Hazard/Lucas in that he's an AM that can be played anywhere in midfield. United have been trying to sign a player of similar ilk for quite a while now.

---- Carrick - Someone -----

Zaha/Thiago - Rooney - Kagawa

------------ RVP ----------------

Arnie

Don't fall in love.

Too late.

tumblr_mcrzgpIyEf1qe46u5o2_r2_250.gif

That as quick. Boulahrouz is already injured, Ilori is on.
And now we wait.

Bi9fpjo.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Miguel Delaney story:

Wayne Rooney has moved a step closer to a long-anticipated transfer to Paris Saint-Germain, with his exit potentially opening the way for Robert Lewandowski to move to Old Trafford, according to a source at Manchester United.

The French club have started dialogue with Rooney's representatives, and the forward is understood to now be open to the idea.

PSG actually made contact with United as far back as February over a possible transfer, upon learning that the Old Trafford club had made the decision to sell the forward for the right price.

Negotiations have continued since then intermittently, explaining much of the unrest that has characterised Rooney’s inconsistent campaign going back to the March Champions League game against Real Madrid, in which he started on the bench.

For his part, Rooney has not been completely settled at Old Trafford this season. As his relationship with former boss Alex Ferguson worsened, many around the United dressing room noticed he wasn’t as content as in recent years.

Although new manager David Moyes has patched things up with Rooney to a relative degree since the forward's spell at boyhood club Everton ended in acrimony, he is understood to be open to the move should personal terms be agreed. Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly prepared to pay Rooney in excess of £250,000 a week.

Rooney's sale may also set a chain of events in store that brings Lewandowski to Old Trafford, with United encouraged by the Pole's representatives that a deal may be possible. A club source has stated that much of the Premier League champions' transfer policy has been dependent on whether the English attacker leaves. If he does, United will attempt to act on their long-standing interest in Lewandowski.

Although the Borussia Dortmund striker's representatives have apparently agreed the principles of a provisional deal with Bayern Munich, they remain open to other high-profile offers.

His current Bundesliga club, meanwhile, would be more willing to sell to anyone other than Bayern after the Bavarian giants' contentious signing of Mario Goetze. Lewandowski is out of contract and can move for free in 2014, but United would look to bring him in before then, thereby trumping Bayern too.

I still don't understand why we want another striker assuming Moyes will look to play someone behind a lone frontman ala Fellaini. RVP, Hernandez, Welbeck and Henriquez is ample cover for one position.

Arnie

This Rooney story is fucking stupid and tedious beyond belief.

Is there anyone here who doesn't believe he'll be playing for United next season?

Wilbur

Banned

Is there anyone here who doesn't believe he'll be playing for United next season?

I'm in two minds. The fact he's put in a transfer request and it's Moyes of all people means that there's a tad more credence than I would normally have given the story.

Me. Its the perfect storm for him to leave. Look at the bullet points

-Asked to leave before
-Not liked by the fans all that much, despite 9 years of service
-Doesn't get on with the manager
-Manager will want to put a stamp on his reign
-No longer the main player
-Versatility starting to become a burden for him

rodvik

I have this horrible feeling my sympathy for Dortmund losing their best players is going to end up with me hating them when they sign Tekkers off us.

Nightmare scenario.

TeegsD

To be honest, if he is just gonna come to fuck about the pitch for 30 games and score a handful of times then maybe its for the best that he moves on

Wes

venison crêpe
#EDLThat

Some of these are great.

Having a pub crawl, but calling it a march! #EDLthat
"Ban the burka", runs around in a balaclava #EDLThat
Avoiding walking down the 'world foods' aisle in Tesco #EDLthat
Quotes Winston Churchill...doesn't know who he is.. #EDLThat

#EDLThat

Some of these are great.

Having a pub crawl, but calling it a march! #EDLthat
"Ban the burka", runs around in a balaclava #EDLThat
Avoiding walking down the 'world foods' aisle in Tesco #EDLthat
Quotes Winston Churchill...doesn't know who he is.. #EDLThat

Being a cunt #EDLThat

Being a massive cunt #FCBThat

Killer7, you have a lot to learn in MS Paint :p

Is Kyoufu Dreamboatdeux on twitter?

Clegg

why should rooney be replaced, though? that would only mean that kagawa will have another terrible season.

Because we could sign another quality striker with the Rooney money.

Kagawa would be first choice attacking midfielder and we'd have another great option up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom