• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Because we could sign another quality striker with the Rooney money.

Kagawa would be first choice attacking midfielder and we'd have another great option up front.

Except he'd be first choice left winger instead

Sell Rooney, buy a centre midfielder and a winger.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chivas u20 is beating Tigres u20 in the tournament first leg final 3 to 0. I think I can take this as evidence that the youth system was not the problem with the club.

Clegg

Except he'd be first choice left winger instead

Sell Rooney, buy a centre midfielder and a winger.

I think we're signing a cm this summer anyway. We wouldn't need the Rooney transfer fee to go towards that.

You always need quality strikers to win the league. RVP and Rooney(on his day) are world class. Hernandez is a decent striker and the jury is still out on Welbeck.

Maybe we could go with RVP, Hernandez, Welbeck and Henriquez as our 4 main strikers next season. But I'd be happier with another quality striker in the squad.

Failing that, I'd at least like us to sign an attacking player that could play in multiple positions along the front line.

I still think he'll stay though.

Meier

Isco close to signing for Madrid?

Meier is going to lose it if/when that happens.

Told him long time - hearts are broken in the summer transfer window. Don't fall in love.

I'll believe it when I see it. If it happens, ahh well, there's plenty of fish in the sea! He really should stick with Pellegrini though. He'd do well with the team.

Meteorain

I think we're signing a cm this summer anyway. We wouldn't need the Rooney transfer fee to go towards that.

You always need quality strikers to win the league. RVP and Rooney(on his day) are world class. Hernandez is a decent striker and the jury is still out on Welbeck.

Maybe we could go with RVP, Hernandez, Welbeck and Henriquez as our 4 main strikers next season. But I'd be happier with another quality striker in the squad.

Failing that, I'd at least like us to sign an attacking player that could play in multiple positions along the front line.

Strikers aren't Pokemon cards, you can't just collect them all. How the hell are you going to give them all opportunities to play?

Not really. He's a fucking shocking striker of Bendtner proportions

Wilbur

Banned
I don't give a shit how world class he is on his day, I want him gone. If it doesn't happen then I'll grumble like a fat kid (i.e. me) getting his sausage rolls taken away from him, but whatever Moysey thinks is best I'll support. But I don't want someone who doesn't want to be there to be there.

Clegg

Strikers aren't Pokemon cards, you can't just collect them all. How the hell are you going to give them all opportunities to play?

Welbeck is used a lot on the wing. Rooney and RVP played a lot together albeit with Rooney playing slightly deeper. You'll always find a way to partner two good strikers together.

If that means shifting Kagawa to the left then so be it.

Wilbur

Banned
Welbeck is used a lot on the wing. Rooney and RVP played a lot together albeit with Rooney playing slightly deeper. You'll always find a way to partner two good strikers together.

Bollocks. One of the most promising young players around with two German titles under his belt and a best player in the league award, and you'd rather shift him out wide for a player who turns up overweight every season and who explicitly doesn't want to be here, having put in a second transfer request in three years? That's shitty shit.

Clegg

Not really. He's a fucking shocking striker of Bendtner proportions

He's only 22.

The season before last he had 32 starts and scored 15 goals. That's not a bad record for a young striker. He's had a poor season in terms of goalscoring this time around but there is plenty of time for him to sort that out.

K1LLER7

If Rooney stays, play him on the left or in midfield. He doesn't like it? Sit his arse on the bench.

Welbeck was our best player against Madrid. He's not afraid of running with the ball and does a job for the team. He doubt he was tasked with getting so many goals this season. Would have been great if he did, but he was played more as a winger than a striker.

TeegsD

Who's excited for Xbone?

I'm about as excited as a carnival worker who was just told to go clean the puke off the bathroom mirror

But one of my buds who I'm moving in with is going to buy it so I guess I can still be surprised by its "killer apps"

Clegg

Bollocks. One of the most promising young players around with two German titles under his belt and a best player in the league award, and you'd rather shift him out wide for a player who turns up overweight every season and who explicitly doesn't want to be here, having put in a second transfer request in three years? That's shitty shit.

I never said I wanted Rooney to stay. I think he'll be here next season but I won't be happy about it.

That being said, I'd like us to seriously look at other quality strikers if Rooney leaves. United play with 2 up front. It's part of the fabric of the club. Kagawa will just have to adapt to a more peripheral position if we continue with two strikers starting every game.

Scum

2Wn.gif

Facism

Was Fenerbahce - Trabzonspor earlier tonight. Fener won 1 - 0. I missed the second half because i had 5-a-side on an enclosed pitch that had more sand on it than all the beaches of Wales.

Next week i'm taking along a spade and bucket.

TeegsD

Wow new goalie comes in for Marcelo and he gives up a penalty almost immediately. Actually, he doesn't even fucking touch him. Fuck off Brazil and your shit stadium, your shit teams, and that future shit world cup.

And 1-1. Fuck this game. Seriously.

Bo-Locks

Pool fans are fast becoming obsessed with Kagawa. I get how all the piss taking would wind you up, but one average season punctuated by injury in which he's won the PL is hardly a disaster. And with a new manager everybody is on a clean slate anyway.

Clegg

It's weird seeing Varys in Suits.

I've begun to notice a lot of GoT actors in different shows. Its the same with actors who were on The Wire.

Scum

Pool fans are fast becoming obsessed with Kagawa. I get how all the piss taking would wind you up, but one average season punctuated by injury in which he's won the PL is hardly a disaster. And with a new manager everybody is on a clean slate anyway.

Kagawa as AMC. Done.

Just saw that it doesn't support Bluetooth and uses proprietary headphone jack. Fuck off MS.

This EA console just keeps on giving! lol

TeegsD

Thank Zoroark that's over. Just stick to women Brazil, that's all you're good at you twats.

For Arnie, wasn't the most explosive match but Llori had a good game. Made two pretty decisive headers in our box to get the ball out so shows he can get up there. Would love to see those headers at a set piece on the other side of the field though.

n8, and keep underestimating Bayern. I have to admit I fear Bayern losing to Dortmund because of what would ensue in real life, but I'm still confident the CL Final won't even be close: ultimately Bayern is the better, more focused team and WILL take it convincingly.

Same could be said last season, but instead we strolled into your stadium and casual took the trophy while taking a huge dump on the pitch on our way out :)

Messi

I'm sorry we couldnt master BATE.

technically Bayern didnt even lose last years final. The lost stat is absolutely meaningless.

Nah, you'd have to be in German to understand. I respect the Ballspielverein Borussia, I wish their real life long supporters the best of luck. BUT I FUCKING CANT STAND THE FUCKING MAINSTREAM BANDWAGON GLORYHUNTING DORTMUND FANS... never heard a fucking word from them until 2011, and suddenly they are all over the place, acting like they are the greatest, realest football fans in the world. They believe that Dortmund is the pinacle of football, that all Bayern fans no matter the background are glory hunters and are indoctrinated to believe that Dortmund isnt a cooparation (IT'S A PUBLIC COMPANY FFS). And of course, Dortmund the one true football club, oh they are so likeable, THE TRUE LOVE. FUCK ME I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.

FACEBOOK, just walking around would become unbearable should the unthinkable happen. And it would finally prove that luck is more important than anything in the world. FUCK it's inevitable.

Man, Switch Dortmund with Barca and I am pretty sure I seen this exact post 2 years ago.

TeegsD

I'm incredibly addicted to Random Access Memories, check it out Footy-GAF!

And now its time to start Sopranos Season 3. Been one hell of a ride so far, what a show!

Clegg

Only 3 more days until new Arrested Development!

The third season of Sopranos is the peak of the show imo. They perfected the formula of mob/family/therapy. Everything blended perfectly together. It it also has the Pine Barrens episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom