• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're signing a cm this summer anyway. We wouldn't need the Rooney transfer fee to go towards that.

You always need quality strikers to win the league. RVP and Rooney(on his day) are world class. Hernandez is a decent striker and the jury is still out on Welbeck.

Maybe we could go with RVP, Hernandez, Welbeck and Henriquez as our 4 main strikers next season. But I'd be happier with another quality striker in the squad.

Failing that, I'd at least like us to sign an attacking player that could play in multiple positions along the front line.

I still think he'll stay though.

And we do have a quality striker in RVP. Hernandez is a good back up who can score 20 goals a season. Welbeck will get 10 goals next season. Shinji will provide at least 10 goals next season.

Fuck buying another striker. Use that money towards a midfielder and a winger that way everyone gets to play their best position. No more Welbeck playing on the wing and no more Shinji playing on the wing.

Clegg

Sword Art Online is a quality anime.

The emotional depth of the characters is staggering. The second part of the show where the main characters cousin professes her love for him was a revelatory experience.

And the main characters quest to rescue his lover, who has been turned into a little fairy and faces the threat of tentacle rape by her captors, is a fascinating story arc that delves into the human condition.

Truly one of the great televisual series.

ZiR1yc5.png

6 red cards in 4 matches. i said damn.

K1LLER7

Sword Art Online is a quality anime.

The emotional depth of the characters is staggering. The second part of the show where the main characters cousin professes her love for him was a revelatory experience.

And the main characters quest to rescue his lover, who has been turned into a little fairy and faces the threat of tentacle rape by her captors, is a fascinating story arc that delves into the human condition.

Truly one of the great televisual series.

Yup, another great anime. Wasn't much of a fan of the 2nd half but it wasn't too bad.

Currently watching Hunter X Hunter, Attack on Titan and looking to start Steins gate

Clegg

Yup, another great anime. Wasn't much of a fan of the 2nd half but it wasn't too bad.

Currently watching Hunter X Hunter, Attack on Titan and looking to start Steins gate

I think you missed the tone of my review :D

The first part wasn't bad. It was just people fighting monsters and hints of romance between the main characters in the background. But the complete shift to part two was terrible. Fairy girlfriends, incest, implied tentacle rape etc etc. It would have been a good show if part two was kept similar to part 1.

sohois

I've watched ep. 1-6 so far. It's pretty good, yeah. I was even considering reading the manga, but there are apparently only 10 volumes out so far.

I think there are more than 40 of the manga actually. It'll take like 2 years for the anime to catch up. Not gonna read it myself though, I'll just stick with the show.

K1LLER7

I think you missed the tone of my review :D

The first part wasn't bad. It was just people fighting monsters and hints of romance between the main characters in the background. But the complete shift to part two was terrible. Fairy girlfriends, incest, implied tentacle rape etc etc. It would have been a good show if part two was kept similar to part 1.
:lol Footy gaf playing with my mind (and that it's 4am).
I agree with you. The 2nd half definitely brings it down.

Hope to wake up and find that we'll have Thiago-day sometime this summer :D

subtles

So the new Premier League TV deal will see the club that finish last earn more than Manchester United did as winners this season? That's crazy.

Linius

The no fall damage and fast running made Blood Dragon so awesome. Never used a vehicle, just ran and jumped across the island :D

subtles

Conspiracy at the Nou Camp! Barcelona aim to strengthen Manchester United by "gifting" them Thiago. They believe Neymar will be the shadow to Messi's shining light and guide them to an eclipse over European football.

In other news, poor Shinji will continue to suffer on the wing whilst Chicharito surely must seek a move to fulfill his potential? It is also believed that Pellegrini and Txiki are about to tango.

Chelsea welcome former fling Mourinho as he seeks asylum from Casillas.

Liverpool believe this is their year while Tottenham hold top secret meetings at an undisclosed location. Nobody knows what Wenger is up to, not even him.

Germany await with bated breath for the victor of this year's champions league while Italy hope Pirlo doesn't shave his beard this summer.

This is going to be a long summer and silly season has already begun.

And we do have a quality striker in RVP. Hernandez is a good back up who can score 20 goals a season. Welbeck will get 10 goals next season. Shinji will provide at least 10 goals next season.

Fuck buying another striker. Use that money towards a midfielder and a winger that way everyone gets to play their best position. No more Welbeck playing on the wing and no more Shinji playing on the wing.
You know it won't happen :(

Hernandez would score loads of goals if he played more often. He scored 18 this season, in 22 starts.

He's easily get to 25/30 if he played a bit more.

Linius

Ajax seems interested in Nacer Chadli. I bought him of Twente in my FIFA save. Maybe I should apply to be manager of football business at Ajax.

GorillaJu

Damn, somehow I missed that we nabbed a promising fetus from Barca. Well-done, Brendan. Gonna take a poop on Januzaj's chest as he passes out panting trying to catch up.

FootballFan

Damn, somehow I missed that we nabbed a promising fetus from Barca. Well-done, Brendan. Gonna take a poop on Januzaj's chest as he passes out panting trying to catch up.

Once he sees how successful Deulofeu is with Barca, he will forever regret leaving and beg to come back like Cesc.

Pachimari

Apparently, the medias got it all wrong about FC Barcelona's offer which is €23 million on top of the €40 million. And it would seem we already got Neymar in the bag, but that Barcelona is now trying to hijack the deal.

In AS news, Malaga want us to pay the buyout clause of €35 million for Isco but it can be lowered if we include players.

The top target right now seems to be Cavani though. Ancelotti wants him.

dc89

WTF exactly has Malouda done at Chelsea to be 'frozen out' as the banned paper suggests he's training alone, in England, picking up £4m without playing football.

bjaelke

Taarabt's reputation as a troublemaker took another knock after it was claimed he refused to have a routine weight check and repeatedly turned up late for training.
Sounds like the perfect player for QPR.

qindarka

Banned
WTF exactly has Malouda done at Chelsea to be 'frozen out' as the banned paper suggests he's training alone, in England, picking up £4m without playing football.

He hasn't really done anything wrong. Chelsea wanted him to leave as they saw no more use for him. Malouda decided to uphold his contractual rights and just continue to pick up his substantial wage. So since he wasn't part of the first team anymore, Chelsea got him to train with the youths, which may not have been a very good thing to do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibra pls

" Will I stay at PSG? We'll see. A lot of things can happen. All the times [in the past] that I have said that I would be staying, at the end I changed clubs. This time I am not going to say anything.

"I still have two more years left on my contract but anything can happen. I have changed teams several times and then I planned to stay at a single club for a long time but it did not happen.

"I miss Italy. It's my second home. The clubs I've played for, Juventus, Inter and Milan are the biggest in the world, I won with them and I know what it means to be a footballer in Italy.

"There is is a big difference, Italy is the most fanatical about football. Italians are used to big football stars and when they arrive they treat them in a certain way.

"If you play for a big club and go out to eat the owner of the restaurant tells you: 'My restaurant is yours'. It's not like that in Spain.

"There are different culutres and the Italian one is the one I like a lot."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom