• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
He should try his best to get himself out of Madrid, get away from that sinking ship.

Not really a ship, more like a dingy, a shit one.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_mcrra1kadr1qcupijo1_r1_400.gif

GorillaJu

Is anyone else annoyed by the way footballers and manager quotes always start with an affirming question?

"Neymar? No, we aren't interested."

"Manchester United? Shit club, shit manager, I'd never go there."

"Real Madrid? Every player dreams of going there to ruin his career."

Kenka

My latest thread may not bomb. Consider me a happy GAFfer.

#BAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN
#DORTMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUND

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is anyone else annoyed by the way footballers and manager quotes always start with an affirming question?

"Neymar? No, we aren't interested."

"Manchester United? Shit club, shit manager, I'd never go there."

"Real Madrid? Every player dreams of going there to ruin his career."

I think it's done that way (by journalists) so we (readers) understand what they're answering.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
One of my all time favourites. All we have now is Paranormal Activity and poor imitations of the (already poor) SAW franchise.

-

Marotta agreed terms with Higuain? We heard that one before with RVP, Aguero, G.Rossi and Dzeko.

Arnie

Uh oh, Tancredi reckons Atletico have been talking to Benteke as a Falcao replacement.
Would be a brilliant signing for them, and puts him in the Champions League. Let's be honest he was never going to stay at Villa, and I think he'll do brilliantly for Atletico.

I'm sure Villa will make a fair bit of profit on him in a year.

sohois

Villa could do a lot with £30million.

Ultimately though, I can only imagine that if he were sold it would be Villa's choice and not because it was forced. I doubt he would really force a move, at least certainly not this season and not for Atletico.

WTF exactly has Malouda done at Chelsea to be 'frozen out' as the banned paper suggests he's training alone, in England, picking up £4m without playing football.

I'm going to guess he has been a cunt on top of being useless, but no one really knows. His last season where he actually played was so bad.

It was pretty funny recently when Benitez talked about how he had tried to build up a new team at Chelsea and said players like Drogba, Kalou and Malouda had left the club. :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maradona: "If Higuain joins Juventus and plays regularly, he's very likely to become Serie A top scorer"

What the hell do you know

Congrats on getting Jovetic. Everything that I read suggests he wants to stay in Italy and we won't meet Fiorentina's valuation an any case.

We won't either.

It can be done with a cash + player(s) deal.

Lightning

Banned
We won't either.

It can be done with a cash + player(s) deal.
Their valuation is ridiculous. The guy only scored 12 goals in 33 games while being injury prone. You'd think he was a superstar desperate to stay the way they talk but the reality is he's not the finished article and desperate to leave.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WTF exactly has Malouda done at Chelsea to be 'frozen out' as the banned paper suggests he's training alone, in England, picking up £4m without playing football.

He rejected countless of clubs (including us) because they all offered him less than £4m.

Arnie

Miguel Delany believes that United are waiting to see if Rooney goes and if he does will be all in for Lewandowski.
This is a really bad deal for United.

Rooney's versatile and can play all over the pitch. Even when he's playing as a lone striker he offers significant tactical advantages over the likes of RVP, just like Welbeck did against Real.

Lewandowski is essentially a younger, slightly worse RVP.

deGod

This is a really bad deal for United.

Rooney's versatile and can play all over the pitch. Even when he's playing as a lone striker he offers significant tactical advantages over the likes of RVP, just like Welbeck did against Real.

Lewandowski is essentially a younger, slightly worse RVP.

And he has a poor first touch

Carbonox

Despite being a top club and I love you dearly Juventus, you sure as shit like to go after some really fucking terrible/average players. :lol

Though by sheer voodoo magic, Malouda would probably be top quality in Italy.

Arnie

Oh that godly first touch that rooney has :p
Rooney's got really good technique.

And he can play left, right, in the hole, up on his own, second in a 442, or even as a central midfielder (that pass for RVP against Villa). He's a manager's dream, provided he sorts his fitness out.

Selling him for Lewa is a terrible decision and United fans glee at his possible departure is showing them up, to be honest. You don't know what you've got till its gone, and whilst Rooney isn't the best player in the league as that crackpot argued yesterday, he's one of the most versatile.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed the club have made an approach to Tottenham for their manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen could be set for a shock move to city rivals Tottenham Hotspur, as the Gunners hold a summer fire sale.

ODvHQ.gif

Benfica bought 5 Serbs for next season:

- Miralem Sulejmani
- Filip Djuricic
- Uros Matic (Nemanja's brother)
- Lazar Markovic
- Stefan Mitrovic

hopefully all as good as Matic himself.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Their valuation is ridiculous. The guy only scored 12 goals in 33 games while being injury prone. You'd think he was a superstar desperate to stay the way they talk but the reality is he's not the finished article and desperate to leave.

He scored 13 and assisted 5 playing out of position. He's more like Del Piero than David Villa. Stick him behind a talented striker and he'll blow your mind.

When he was 17-18, he scored two on Liverpool (2-0), two on Bayern (in a 3-2 win) and a crucial goal against Sporting (1-1) in the CL. #BigGamesJoJo

Carbo said:
Despite being a top club and I love you dearly Juventus, you sure as shit like to go after some really fucking terrible/average players. :lol Though by sheer voodoo magic, Malouda would probably be top quality in Italy.

Marotta out.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney's got really good technique.

And he can play left, right, in the hole, up on his own, second in a 442, or even as a central midfielder (that pass for RVP against Villa). He's a manager's dream, provided he sorts his fitness out.

Selling him for Lewa is a terrible decision and United fans glee at his possible departure is showing them up, to be honest. You don't know what you've got till its gone, and whilst Rooney isn't the best player in the league as that crackpot argued yesterday, he's one of the most versatile.

It's not even necessarily that I think he's a bad player. Because he isn't.

But he doesn't want to be at the club and so for that reason I want him gone. There's things more important than holding onto very good players like Rooney.

Lightning

Banned
He scored 13 and assisted 5 playing out of position. He's more like Del Piero than David Villa. Stick him behind a talented striker and he'll blow your mind.

When he was 17-18, he scored two on Liverpool (2-0), two on Bayern (in a 3-2 win) and a crucial goal against Sporting (1-1) in the CL. #BigGamesJoJo

Marotta out.
Talented striker and Arsenal? Yeah about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom