• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santi_yo

BJPVZieCIAA8Ha4.jpg:large

The_Big_Lebowski___Jeff_Bridges.jpg

VS

site_1_rand_787010050_julian_assange_profile_110124_b_ap.jpg

?

Arnie

Don't think anything fucks me off quite like Football Manager at times.
Absolute joke.

Drew 3-3 before against Freiburg and every goal was utter predictable bullshit. And obviously they scored with the last kick of the game to equalise in the 95th minute, whilst I was set to contain.

Was wondering how I'd do without it over the next 2 weeks of hectic work but after that I just wanted it off.

WJD

Absolute joke.

Drew 3-3 before against Freiburg and every goal was utter predictable bullshit. And obviously they scored with the last kick of the game to equalise in the 95th minute, whilst I was set to contain.

Was wondering how I'd do without it over the next 2 weeks of hectic work but after that I just wanted it off.

Jack fucking Cork just scored two last minute goals against me to turn it around for Spurs.

Arnie

Jack fucking Cork just scored two last minute goals against me to turn it around for Spurs.
When the game decides a result you're fucked.

Not read the quotes but maybe Voller means that Dortmund complain about Bayern being able to lure Gotze away with higher wages, but Dortmund got Sokratis because they were willing to pay him more than Leverkusen?

Read again what Völler said. If you don't agree with that there's no use in further discussions.

Is it just simple BVB hate?

- BVB and Leverkusen were/are in talks with Sokratis.
- according to Völler, Sokratis agrees with Leverkusen and Leverkusen and Bremen agree a deal but nothing is signed.
- if rumors are true, Sokratis now decides to join BVB for whatever reason.

I know it's Bayern fans' opinion that we're not allowed to sign any player from Germany now after Götze. The only way we are hypocrites in this is if we didn't inform Bremen on which there simply is no information. Why would we talk to Leverkusen about whether they agreed a deal with Sokratis or not? If at all, Sokratis is the asshole that agreed a contract with two clubs at the same time.

nampad

Is it just simple BVB hate?

- BVB and Leverkusen were/are in talks with Sokratis.
- according to Völler, Sokratis agrees with Leverkusen and Leverkusen and Bremen agree a deal but nothing is signed.
- if rumors are true, Sokratis now decides to join BVB for whatever reason.

I know it's Bayern fans' opinion that we're not allowed to sign any player from Germany now after Götze. The only way we are hypocrites in this is if we didn't inform Bremen on which there simply is no information. Why would we talk to Leverkusen about whether they agreed a deal with Sokratis or not? If at all, Sokratis is the asshole that agreed a contract with two clubs at the same time.

Watzke cries because he wasn't informed by Bayern about the transfer. Now everyone in the league knows that Sokratis agreed on terms with Leverkusen and they snatched him up with much cash without informing Leverkusen.

Maybe you haven't read the news on Bild. Holzhäusers quote actually makes it clear why they are so pissed, but it isn't quoted on other outlets.

Völler is right.

Meier

Interesting factoid from this article: http://nesn.com/2013/05/new-york-ci...embrace-soccer-manchester-city-and-abu-dhabi/

Eight years ago, Soriano was a top executive at FC Barcelona. It was there that he first explored idea of owning and operating a club in MLS under the Barcelona identity. In 2008, Barcelona was close to buying an MLS expansion team and putting it in Miami, but the deal fell through after Soriano resigned from the Barcelona board. Soriano returned to soccer last August, and he brought the old idea with him. His eight-year-old vision fits City’s long-term ambition. He carried it out this time — with Mansour’s financial backing.

pulga

Banned
Marca reports that we're offering 20 mil + Callejon to bring Isco over. Malaga pls.

and more disturbing, both AS and Marca are running with the Vidal story. I have mixed feelings :/ Better Madrid than someone else to scoop him up, I guess.

derExperte

Maybe you haven't read the news on Bild. Holzhäusers quote actually makes it clear why they are so pissed, but it isn't quoted on other outlets.

Völler is right.

Let's not give Bild clicks. ;)

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...nd-wegen-sokratis-transfer-werder-bremen.html

Auf Geschäftsführerebene wandte sich auch Leverkusens Wolfgang Holzhäuser an seinen Dortmunder Kollegen Hans-Joachim Watzke: "Der Fall Sokratis ist sehr unangenehm. Herr Watzke und sein Anhang beschweren sich, wenn sie nicht informiert werden und mahnen Solidarität an." Dabei sei es in der Liga "nicht unbekannt" gewesen, dass die Werkself mit Sokratis einig war, so der 63-Jährige weiter.

Meier

Marca reports that we're offering 20 mil + Callejon to bring Isco over. Malaga pls.

AS says he's agreed to terms with City already as well. I know the rumor before was that we were offering cash + Denis Suarez. He'll probably end up at Madrid but he'd be making a mistake as far as his development goes IMO.

Watzke cries because he wasn't informed by Bayern about the transfer. Now everyone in the league knows that Sokratis agreed on terms with Leverkusen and they snatched him up without informing Leverkusen.

Maybe you haven't read the full quote on Bild because most outlets just seem to use another sentence where you can't exactly pinpoint the hypocrasy.

Völler is right.

That's if you believe Völler and Holzhäuser completely. Do you really think Sokratis agreed with Leverkusen and THEN we suddenly started talking to Sokratis? Sounds like a load of bullshit to me. We've been looking for a new CB the whole season. The way I see it, Sokratis gave Leverkusen a false promise and now Leverkusen is mad.

Also, why would we inform Leverkusen about talking to a Bremen player, just because they also want him?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but Massimo Moratti and his brother Gian Marco are suspects in the investigation of a worker's death.

and more disturbing, both AS and Marca are running with the Vidal story. I have mixed feelings :/ Better Madrid than someone else to scoop him up, I guess.

I don't know, we rejected a 50M+ bid from Bayern. I don't see Madrid paying more than that.

Not that we're going to sell him. They're gonna have to take him from Conte's cold, dead hands.

conte.jpg

and with all due respect to Madrid, we're currently in a better position than them.

nampad

That's if you believe Völler and Holzhäuser completely. Do you really think Sokratis agreed with Leverkusen and THEN we suddenly started talking to Sokratis? Sounds like a load of bullshit to me. We've been looking for a new CB the whole season. The way I see it, Sokratis gave Leverkusen a false promise and now Leverkusen is mad.

When you started talking with Sokratis is not the only point. After knowing that he agreed with Leverkusen and changed his mind, you could have informed them.
You also didn't inform Gladbach when Reus was transfered, we already know that Watzke is a hypocrite.

Wilbur

Banned
Why the fuck does Dortmund have to inform Leverkusen about dealing with a Bremen player LOOOOOOOOL fuck Bayern fans are clutching at straws now

dc89

AS says he's agreed to terms with City already as well. I know the rumor before was that we were offering cash + Denis Suarez. He'll probably end up at Madrid but he'd be making a mistake as far as his development goes IMO.

We've gotta get Isco dude. Surely he knows he should come with his mentor, The Engineer.

Why the fuck does Dortmund have to inform Leverkusen about dealing with a Bremen player LOOOOOOOOL fuck Bayern fans are clutching at straws now

I'll be really mad if Monaco doesn't inform United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real, PSG, Zenit, Anzhi, Al-Sadd and Bayern when they sign Falcao.

K1LLER7

Next season:

Epl >>>>> Ligue 1 >>> Serie A >> Hyundai league >> Portugese League >> Holland League >> Zenit League > Bundesliga >> Barca Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom