• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

United paying less in interest is a good thing. But it won't be much use to the fans when that extra cash is then used to pay dividends to shareholders.

I doubt much of it would go into the transfer kitty.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Written by a hardcore Viola supporter

tumblr_inline_mn71i3iO1z1qz4rgp.jpg

What type of player do they get? An enormous talent with the potential to explode on the international scene. He can dribble, finish and set up goals. He does, however, tend to pick up a number of minor knocks during a season, so he is likely to miss a few games. There was also a feeling in more recent outings that maybe defenders had got to know his game a little better. Just the same, he remained a huge talent.

This term he has played as one of a pair of strikers in a 3-5-2 and the focal point of a 4-3-3 and acquitted himself well in both positions. Previously, he also featured in a 4-2-3-1, sometimes as the front man but more generally behind the main striker or cutting in from the left. He is versatile enough to play in those roles and more, but he is definitely at his best when he is withing striking distance of the goal - ideally with just one defender and the goalkeeper to beat.

That, to me, is his trademark finish. Finding just enough space to spin a ball between a despairing centre-back and a leaping netminder. His speed of thought to calculate the type of shot required to find the net is second to none. Any buyer can look forward to seeing a few of those.

Carbonox

Written by a hardcore Viola supporter

tumblr_inline_mn71i3iO1z1qz4rgp.jpg

zyzz?

lololol

I hope Juve get Jovetic. I sold Giovinco and bought him on FIFA and now my strikeforce is complete: Cavani, Jovetic, Pato and Sanchez

I still have Quagmire and Matri - NO ONE WANTS TO BUY THEM. Oh and some youngster - Manuolo G-something I think - super quick youngster and could be a big player for me.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Carbonox

I...have never been more confused in my life.

The striker you're talking about is Manolo Gabbiadini!

Atalanta+BC+v+Novara+Calcio+Serie+EwR9FsHcs1xl.jpg

roadtrip.jpg

Gabbiadini, that's it. Is he as quick in real life as he is in FIFA? He storms past anyone and everyone. It's mad. I'd start him if my strikeforce wasn't godly as is.

Zabojnik

I hope Juve get Jovetic. I sold Giovinco and bought him on FIFA and now my strikeforce is complete: Cavani, Jovetic, Pato and Sanchez

I still have Quagmire and Matri - NO ONE WANTS TO BUY THEM. Oh and some youngster - Manuolo G-something I think - super quick youngster and could be a big player for me.

Dat Manolo Gabbiadini. Sadly I don't see him turning into a beastly striker in RL. He's 21 though, so who knows.

EDIT: Beaten like Quiche in a danish stadium without Wooden's protection.

Clegg

Andersred has brought me back down to earth.

Reminding everyone that the IPO stated United would spend around £30m net every summer in transfer fees.

Only way we're going to sign 2 or 3 players is if we sell Rooney. And I just can't see us selling him.

How do you feel about Benfica's chances for next season now that Porto have lost Moutinho and Hames?

James leaving doesn't even register with me, i don't rate him that high. now Moutinho... they essentially just lost their entire creative midefield. good riddance to the cunt.

Benfica's chances depends on what we do in the back. Luisão and Maxi are over-the-hill and Garay's probably leaving.

Don't know if old, don't care.

Spain announced their squad for the under-21 European Championship:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Joel Robles (Wigan), Diego Marino (Villarreal)

Defenders: Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Martin Montoya, Marc Bartra, Marc Muniesa (Barcelona), Ínigo Martínez (Real Sociedad), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla), Dani Carvajal (Bayer Leverkusen), Alvaro Gonzalez (Real Zaragoza)

Midfielders: Koke (Atletico Madrid), Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad), Thiago Alcantara (Manchester United), Isco, Ignacio Camacho (Malaga), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Pablo Sarabia (Getafe), Sergio Canales (Valencia)

Strikers: Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid), Cristian Tello (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Benfica), Alvaro Vazquez (Getafe)

Russia are going to put 5+ goals past De Gea on June 6th. Book it.

Koko

Banned
Don't know if old, don't care.

Spain announced their squad for the under-21 European Championship:

Midfielders: Koke (Atletico Madrid), Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad), Thiago Alcantara (Manchester United), Isco, Ignacio Camacho (Malaga), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Pablo Sarabia (Getafe), Sergio Canales (Valencia)

Russia are going to put 5+ goals past De Gea on June 6th. Book it.

:lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So guys, your realistic expectations for next season?

For me? Scudetto, Coppa Italia final and a CL semi final!

Clegg

How much debt remains?

£370m.

But we now have less to repay on interest. And we also have the three new sponsorship deals that will generate an extra £100m in revenue per year for the next 8 years.

United are starting to look pretty stable financially.

LegoArmo

Glazers know what they're doing. I think United spend big this summer to compensate for the loss of Fergie.

Glazers business plan relied on United being succesful but it seems solid now, in case of other outcomes. Finishing outside the top 4 would be a disaster though.

Lunchbox

Banned
£370m.

But we now have less to repay on interest. And we also have the three new sponsorship deals that will generate an extra £100m in revenue per year for the next 8 years.

long term plan leading up to -

--------Fellaini-Thiago
Ronaldo - Kagawa - Falcao
-------------RVP

plus a David Moyes statue

kharma45

£370m.

We've been looking fine for a good while tbh, the Glazers have monetized the club extremely well and shown some pretty good sense. Not ignoring the debt obviously, but as owners they've been reasonably responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom