• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Mundo days Txiki has a great relationship with Thiago and his family. Work your magic, buddy.

Think it starts in 1.5 hours on the dot more or less.

I'm gonna lay on a banquet for the Txiki haters and doubters.

EatCrow.jpg

FootballFan

Thiago

His father won the world cup with Brasil
He was born in Italy
He is a midfielder who learned everything in La Masia.

Destined for greatness at Barca.

Milchjon

I'm honestly convinced Götze either got paid off or chickened out. He was probably afraid. If Dortmund won with him, it would be a worse welcome than Neuer got, and if he played and they lost, there would always be conspiracy theories about him throwing the game.

Or they simply wrote the injury into his contract.

So he's off to Serie A? :p

Yep to Juve it is.

ib0CYGRcCC2ESt.gif

(that's me slide-tackling you for those comments)

Lars Jacobsen is a God. That right there is on Peter Møller who's now a tv reporter, from his wiki " In the summer 2001, he moved back to Denmark to once again play for F.C. Copenhagen. With his previous success for FCK's arch rivals Brøndby IF, he was initially scorned by the FCK fans and only referred to by his shirt number, "number 32".
KuGsj.gif

We eventually got to love him though, #Onlyone32

Salvadora

I'm honestly convinced Götze either got paid off or chickened out. He was probably afraid. If Dortmund won with him, it would be a worse welcome than Neuer got, and if he played and they lost, there would always be conspiracy theories about him throwing the game.

Wasn't there some controversy about him house hunting during the run of to the match?

FootballFan

You don't miss out on a champions league final because you are scared. How many players even get a chance to play in a CL final in their whole career?

Gotze is injured imo, nobody throws away a CL title because of such minor reasons.

dc89

Soriano quotes:

"You can’t go to the market every year & buy the most expensive players. Not to say we won’t be signing expensive players. We will. But the objective - the vision - is to have a team where at least half of the players will be ‘City’ players.

A ‘City’ player will be someone like Joe Hart, who has been there a while. They love the club and can be the core of the squad. The players might come from other clubs, continents or cultures, but we have to have stability in the culture & the way we play.

What cannot happen is that the team plays away and the performance changes so much from one game to the next."

And before I go to bed I'll leave you with this, found on the wall of Malaga's training ground.

BK5reJGCQAAt7ae.jpg:large

Milchjon

You don't miss out on a champions league final because you are scared. How many players even get a chance to play in a CL final in their whole career?

Gotze is injured imo, nobody throws away a CL title because of such minor reasons.

Hoeneß probably found a few major reasons on a numbered bank account in Switzerland.

I decided to watch seven earlier while doing some uni work after you guys talked about it, completely forgot how awesome that little speech is :
"We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it. We tolerate it because it's common, it's trivial. We tolerate it morning, noon, and night. Well, not anymore. I'm setting the example.
" Just said in the perfect fucking voice.

Spoilered it for you freaks who still haven't watched it.

dc89

A few more Soriano quotes, we've not heard from him since September time and now he can't keep his gob shut.

"After Germany he [Pep Guardiola] probably will come to England to coach somewhere. Pep and Txiki speak regularly, maybe weekly.

Our management team off the pitch is among the best in Europe so there is no real reason for criticism of anyone. Now we want a manager who knows about football, but we want somebody who knows about man-management.

It is impossible for us to win, win the Champions League in the end, if we don’t have a group that behaves like a family. We want a family where there are no criticisms, where everybody respects everybody, and to do this you need to be a senior coach. Our group of players are diverse but they are also mature people. If they work with a senior manager, they can do great things.

The style of play will run through the club but when it goes to the first team, the manager can make as many changes as he wants. Normally what shouldn’t happen is that he will make radical changes, such as playing lots of long balls etc.

When I started at Barca revenue was £123m & United was £251m. After 3 years our revenue was higher than United. Revenues will increase."

Meier

The style of play will run through the club but when it goes to the first team, the manager can make as many changes as he wants. Normally what shouldn’t happen is that he will make radical changes, such as playing lots of long balls etc.
Sorry Mr. Samuel, this probably rules out another English manager (Pulis).

Chelsea starting lineup (4-2-3-1):
Petr Cech | Ashley Cole, Andreas Christensen, Gary Cahill, Branislav Ivanovic | Ruben Loftus-Cheek, John Obi Mikel | Yossi Benayoun, Juan Mata, Cesar Azpilicueta | Demba Ba

Substitutes from: everybody else

Manchester City starting lineup (4-2-3-1):
Joe Hart | Gael Clichy, Karim Rekik, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta | Yaya Toure, Javi Garcia | David Silva, Carlos Tevez, Albert Rusnak | Sergio Aguero

Substitutes from: everybody else

Salazar

When I started at Barca revenue was £123m & United was £251m. After 3 years our revenue was higher than United. Revenues will increase."

Hooray

You worked in a corrupt duopolistic system you piece of shit

No fucking shit revenues increased

GQman2121

Banned
City Vs. Chelsea in St. Louis, MO tonight on ESPN in the US:

Hart, Clichy, Rekik, Kompany, Zabaleta, Garcia, Silva, Y Toure, Aguero, Tevez, Rusnak

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Christensen, Cole; Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Azpilicueta, Mata, Benayoun; Ba

City really going for this friendly.

Messi

Cesc is coming to Paris and he'll stab Barca with 3 goals in the UCL final.

Baby, I know our bet is coming to an end. You should let that salt go. Its bad for you. Its been good, hell I gave you a decent looking avatar. I have been stuck with these two mugs for a month.

Thats the best thing about this CL final, as soon as that final whistle goes. I will have a new avatar.

Wes

venison crêpe
Manchester City should have their own TV station. They could have their own news bulletins every half hour fronted by dc and his better half.

Meier

Nice gesture by the clubs to match the donation from the Cards.

And yes, Umbro > Nike. A shame they're slowly getting killed off. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom