• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It’s also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we’re effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]. If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there’s no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go. I think that’s a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who’s going to pick up the Xbox One console.”
Secret sauce

kharma45

Reposting for new page

Top 2. Champions or runner up.

Champions League quarter finals

A cup of some description.

Yeah for me a good first season with Moyes is

• 2nd in the league
  • CL quarters
  • FA Cup
  • League Cup just giving the kids a decent go
  • Community Shield

I expect to be champions.

Shinji hasn't lost a league title yet and I expect that to continue. If Moyes can't do that with the living form of luck in Shinji, than we are doomed.

dc89

A good season next year for city looks like this.

- Pellegrini in
- good transfer window
- Win of come 2nd in the PL
- Win a domestic cup
- Get through the CL groups

Pachimari

We have no need for Isco in Madrid. He plays the same position as Ozil but of course he would be a nice luxury signing, should Kaka leave.

I rather we focus on Cavani/Falcao. And then a midfielder and Carvajal. First then could we look for bonuses like Bale, Neymar or whatever "star" people like.

FootballFan

Don't know if old, don't care.

Spain announced their squad for the under-21 European Championship:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United), Joel Robles (Wigan), Diego Marino (Villarreal)

Defenders: Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Martin Montoya, Marc Bartra, Marc Muniesa (Barcelona), Ínigo Martínez (Real Sociedad), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla), Dani Carvajal (Bayer Leverkusen), Alvaro Gonzalez (Real Zaragoza)

Midfielders: Koke (Atletico Madrid), Asier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad), Thiago Alcantara (Manchester United), Isco, Ignacio Camacho (Malaga), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Pablo Sarabia (Getafe), Sergio Canales (Valencia)

Strikers: Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid), Cristian Tello (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Benfica), Alvaro Vazquez (Getafe)

Russia are going to put 5+ goals past De Gea on June 6th. Book it.

That's not funny. :( He's staying.

Fry

Papadopoulos is going to Liverpool?
ilC5XGsvUC3hT.png

Wes

venison crêpe
A snippet regarding Paul Lambert's transfer philosophy from the Footballer's Football Show:

David Jones: Are you anticipating a busy summer, not just in terms of trying to keep hold of the ones you do want to keep hold of, but also bringing in some more bodies to help your boys whilst also reducing your wage bill no doubt?

Paul Lambert: That's probably it in a nutshell really. You have to try to improve on what you have each year. It'll still be hard. But we'll still get the ones in who'll actually play for that shirt and play for the club.

DJ: Will those be experienced ones or will you carry on with your way....

PL: No we'll stick to our philosophies and beliefs. I wont change from it. I think when people keep on saying about getting experienced players and experienced players - as soon as you go to an experienced player the first thing they'll say is "Ok. How much?"

So you think right away "I'm not sure he's going to come here to play for this club". I don't want players like that. I want players that want to go and compete, have a right good career for themselves plus play for the shirt.

I'm very happy to hear this.

LegoArmo

Now that Scholes is retired, who's the best all around passer in the Premier League? I'm talking long cross field balls, perfectly weighted through balls and even just consistently passing it short with accuracy.

Kenka

Wolfsburg !

For the first time, a nation will hold both the Women and Men's Champions League at the same time:

624_341_c9feb3c170e82a73201cd6afd73438d6-1369344457.jpg

edit: second time ! Arsenal Ladies and ManU got the title during the same year but at that time, there was no CL for the women, only a UEFA cup.

Salvadora

Podolski had an interview with the Sun:
It is not good if you do not win anything at Arsenal but it is important to play in the Champions League, for the players and also, financially, for the club.

The Europa League is s**t. You do not want to play in that tournament. Arsenal is a big club so it is good for us to be there again.
<3

flippedb

Banned
Milan will get the UCL next season. #Believe. I also expect them to do a solid Serie A, even if they don't win it.

Who cares about domestic competitions, it's all about dem international titles.

Salvadora

This makes me want to see Arsenal lose in the CL playoff round and be forced to play in the Europa League.

It could happen, you never know.

Pretty sure we had to play Udinese & Dortmond (?) last time around. Not easy games by any stretch. Bites into our summer as well which is unfortunate.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham XI to play Jamaica:

Friedel; Walker; Dawson; Caulker; Naughton; Livermore; Dembele; Holtby; Sigurdsson; Defoe; Mason.

Lloris; Vertonghen; Huddlestone; Bale; Assou-Ekotto; Adebayor.

dat bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom