• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
I guessed that when he said 'a club like Arsenal'

He was asked something along the lines of "if he would battle with Aston Villa to force a move to a club with the stature of Arsenal." Benteke himself never mentioned them.

This all comes back to the missquote saying he was an Arsenal fan and that he thought Villa was in London. Both not true but it always gets mentioned in the media.

The only thing Benteke has confirmed to have said is that at the moment he's content at Villa but he wont let the fact the World Cup is a year away dictate if he stays or moves if it progresses his career. He will decide with his family what he does and nothing will be done until he returns from Belgian National Team duty on the 7th of June. Until then he's letting his agent control everything, the same one he's had since he was a kid and trusts implicitly. So anything between now and then is maneauvering and posteuring by clubs trying to unsettle him or the agent trying to bump up his wage at Villa.

Eh I think quite a few players (especially Loftus and Christensen) has done very well so far. Of course it's not going to be the best football in the world with Benayoun and Azpilicueta starting in the midfield though.

maybe its because I started late but the defense looks so dismal right now lol

Meier

They called that a penalty? If there was a foul, it seemed outside the box? Seems like Rekik has played pretty well before that.

jNOA3ZDUkMv2K.jpg

Meier

Well I'll miss the second half but that was pretty fun. City should have a better chance to score some of their chances without the weird turf in the second half.

I imagine more youngsters will come on at half for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom