• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi who are all these Eurosnobs discussing football during Libertadores/Mexico time?

pretty much you stopped posting once your shitty chivas team finished the season in 16th place.

Anyways, Xolos are done. They outplayed Atletico Mineiro, but they ran out of gas in the last 20 minutes and ended up conceding 2 away goals. I doubt they can win in Brasil.

Tecl0n

I'm guessing this terrible ref performance was karmic retribution for what happened at Brasil. (Or, maybe that was the deal all along, considering how crooked things are lately)

rodvik

He was asked something along the lines of "if he would battle with Aston Villa to force a move to a club with the stature of Arsenal." Benteke himself never mentioned them.

This all comes back to the missquote saying he was an Arsenal fan and that he thought Villa was in London. Both not true but it always gets mentioned in the media.

The only thing Benteke has confirmed to have said is that at the moment he's content at Villa but he wont let the fact the World Cup is a year away dictate if he stays or moves if it progresses his career. He will decide with his family what he does and nothing will be done until he returns from Belgian National Team duty on the 7th of June. Until then he's letting his agent control everything, the same one he's had since he was a kid and trusts implicitly. So anything between now and then is maneauvering and posteuring by clubs trying to unsettle him or the agent trying to bump up his wage at Villa.

Even his agent is pissed at the press right now.

Anyways, I aint worried. He will stay. If not. I will be doing this.

6a0115709f071f970b0148c83332d8970c.jpe

Meier

Seems like I missed quite a second half!

How many games did Richards play last year? What's his health problem? His back?
He got injured during the Olympics (leg) and missed a few months due to it. Then once he came back he ended up doing something to a tendon or something like that after like 2-3 games. Was out for another 4+ months after that. Think he played maybe 3 games or so after he came back. Looked terrible really, especially at CB.

Lightning

Banned
More like, Benteke mentioned Arsenal in an interview that has been subjected to the traditional garbling processes.

He might well be receptive to an Arsenal offer. Specifically Arsenal ? Pushing it.
Of all the clubs he could have mentioned he choose us and not for the first time I might add. Benteke would love to join us but if others came in for him he would join them too.

FootballFan

Benteke is going to Atletico Madrid.

Falcao is leaving
Benteke won't cost billions
Benteke gets CL football
Villa make some nice money

It's happening. My friend who walks Falcao's dog told me.

Lightning

Banned
At least we have Madrid handing Valencia a CL spot this weekend and the CL final between Dortmund and Bayern. Going to suck on weekends when there is no footy at all.

At least we have Madrid handing Valencia a CL spot this weekend and the CL final between Dortmund and Bayern. Going to suck on weekends when there is no footy at all.

Lightning pls. Sociedad is on a mission. A Madrid with a lame duck Mou and nothing to play for won't be able to stop their quest of righteousness.

-Are there any problems with Sandisk MicroSDs?
-How can I make it so that when the screen switches off,I can turn it on again by pressing the screen rather than the power button?
-How do I make my email address easily typable? I tried saving it to the dictionary but it hasn't worked properly
-Any power-saving tips?
-Do the radio apps work via a radio signal, or wifi?

dc89

I know how much Salazar loves Soriano quotes so here is a final one about Aguero and transfers.

"I can be really clear on this one. He’s not leaving. This has gone on and on and on. We’ve had discussions with Sergio and his agent about several things and he has never expressed the willingness to go. We have never had an offer and even if we had an offer we would say ‘no’.

We’re at the closing phase with several of them but the closing phase can take one week or sometimes three months. We’ve been analysing the positions we want to improve and the market since the start of November."

Nyx

FC Twente - FC Utrecht 0-2

utrecht+van+der+gun+van+tilburg.jpg

Fuck you Twente!
Now we just have to finish it off on Sunday in Utrecht.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Salazar

Marcel Desailly believes Gareth Bale should leave Tottenham to play for a club that "has a culture of victory".

Welshman Bale, 23, is touted as a summer transfer target for Real Madrid.
Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas says it is vital for the club to keep the double Player of the Year.

But Desailly, the former France and AC Milan star, told BBC Sport Wales: "He should go, he should just go. Tottenham will not give him the opportunity to play at a very high level."

looooooooooooool

Rules out Fraud Madrid and their culture of pickpocketing tv money and lapping at Florentino's balls.

Falcao is leaving
Benteke gets CL football

He's going, now he's said he would listen to offers and wouldn't guarantee staying at Villa half of Europe will be chasing him.

How much did he cost villa?

rodvik

Falcao is leaving
Benteke gets CL football

I dont think any Spanish club outside of Real & Barca can afford to pay Benteke as much wages as Aston Villa can.

Dat Premier league TV dosh innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom