• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
He hasnt. Already covered in the thread. Press reporting what a mistranslated press article said. Even his agent has denied it. I aint worried at all.
You should be worried. You have a owner who likes to sell and if a big club comes in for Benteke he will jump. It won't be Arsenal though but I could see Spurs trying to be funny in attempting to sign him.

For reference, Lightning, this bro has it all covered

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland
It was a joke Salazar. I don't care much for Benteke. I want Jovetic... however impossible that feels right now but I do feel Benteke would jump if the situation arose. Not to Arsenal though because we are not in for him.

rodvik

You should be worried. You have a owner who likes to sell and if a big club comes in for Benteke he will jump. It won't be Arsenal though but I could see Spurs trying to be funny in attempting to sign him.

Could be. I am chill with it. Benteke has been immense for us but also had games where he is anonymous (he played when we lost 8-0). If we end up selling him it wont be the end of the world.

I am far more concerned about keeping Lambert than any player, he is out of contract before Benteke. He is building something interesting at Villa. I want him to see it through.

Salazar

It was a joke Salazar. I don't care much for Benteke. I want Jovetic... however impossible that feels right now but I do feel Benteke would jump if the situation arose. Not to Arsenal though because we are not in for him.

I'll be fucking livid if we give you money for Vermaelen.

Lightning

Banned
I'll be fucking livid if we give you money for Vermaelen.
He's all yours! Honestly though, we won't sell Vermaelen for 5mil... that's just bullshit. I have a really hard time believing it.

Could be. I am chill with it. Benteke has been immense for us but also had games where he is anonymous (he played when we lost 8-0). If we end up selling him it wont be the end of the world.

I am far more concerned about keeping Lambert than any player. He is building something interesting at Villa. I want him to see it through.
To be honest with you I would be more interested in Weimann than Benteke. He was fantastic against us in the return match. I like him.

rodvik

To be honest with you I would be more interested in Weimann than Benteke. He was fantastic against us in the return match. I like him.

Yeah he is good. Bit too trigger happy but defo fits your style. Rumour has it you lot are interested in Lowton. Who I do NOT want to lose. You looking for a right back?

Lightning

Banned
Yeah he is good. Bit too trigger happy but defo fits your style. Rumour has it you lot are interested in Lowton. Who I do NOT want to lose. You looking for a right back?
Yes we are looking for a right back. Sagna is on his way out. He only has 1 year left, we've offered him a shit contract which he refused, now Monaco/PSG/Russia are lining him up. Either way, he's gone from Arsenal this summer.

Lowton scores some great goals. He can come to Arsenal, that's okay with me!

rodvik

Yes we are looking for a right back. Sagna is on his way out. He only has 1 year left, we've offered him a shit contract which he refused, now Monaco/PSG/Russia are lining him up. Either way, he's gone from Arsenal this summer.

Lowton scores some great goals. He can come to Arsenal, that's okay with me!

He does. Great player on his day. Honestly though, he is a first team player for us, as we try and push up the table. I doubt he would be anything but a squad player for you lot who are aiming for CL spots every season.

Then again Wenger trusts exciting youth just like Lambert. So maybe?

Lightning

Banned
He does. Great player on his day. Honestly though, he is a first team player for us, as we try and push up the table. I doubt he would be anything but a squad player for you lot who are aiming for CL spots every season.

Then again Wenger trusts exciting youth just like Lambert. So maybe?
Honestly bad move all round, especially for Lowton. We have Jenkinson who is young as well so we should buy someone slightly more experienced to push Jenkinson to his limits. Signing Lowton will be dooming one of them to failure through lack of game time or dooming them both with swapping and changing all the time.

rodvik

Honestly bad move all round, especially for Lowton. We have Jenkinson who is young as well so we should buy someone slightly more experienced to push Jenkinson to his limits. Signing Lowton will be dooming one of them to failure through lack of game time or dooming them both with swapping and changing all the time.

Agreed.

By the way I am watching the first Dortmund/Real game. Holy shit. Dortmund playing at the top of their game leaves you breathless just watching it. If Lambert can turn us into half the team Dortmund is I would be delighted.

L1NETT

Emotional Stuff. Dat Victory Parade :)

--

Music , 30STM new album is better than I thought it would be.

GorillaJu

Andy Carroll -> West Ham 15m
Jonjo Shelvey -> West Ham ?m (3-4?)
Coates -> some team ?m (3-4?)
Reina -> Barca 10m
Jay Spearing -> Newcastle ?m (25-30?)
Skrtel -> Russia 16m

Ter Stegen, Tello, Mkhitaryan/Eriksen, Papadoupolis, Anderweireld, Falcao can probably all be done with those funds.

Carbonox

Reina -> Barca 10m
Skrtel -> Russia 16m

Ter Stegen, Tello, Mkhitaryan/Eriksen, Papadoupolis, Anderweireld, Falcao can probably all be done with those funds.

I'd disown Newcastle for this. Dan Gosling levels of retardery.

Wes

venison crêpe
You should be worried. You have a owner who likes to sell and if a big club comes in for Benteke he will jump.

Yeah our Owner. He's so silly.

Selling Miner for 24m. Downing for 20m. Young for 16m. After they all handed in transfer requests. He loves to sell.

Arnie

Last exam at half one, listening to Sting's 'Every Breath You Take' and eating porridge to prepare.

If we let Shelvey go I won't be heartbroken. His lazy performance against Fulham gave me the hump, and it means more game time for Henderson.

What was City v Chelsea score? Both kits look nice.

Bo-Locks

lol probably bullshit, but apparently Mike Phelan and Eric Steel have been sacked.

The source is Richard keys and Andy Gray. God I hate those cunts and that cunty station.

I will await more info from more reputable sources, but I hope they're wrong, particularly about Eric Steele. He's been learning Spanish and has been working with and developing De Gea very closely since his move here, through thick and thin.

I'm not too bothered about Phelan given that nobody seems to even know what he does.

Gambit

Maybe footy gaf knows the answer:

I've updated Chrome and now the "white" is much brighter than it used to be. So bright, in fact, that it hurts my eyes.

Of course, I thought of adjusting the monitor settings, but it's only chrome that is too bright. The other programmes are as they were before.

Is there any way I can change the brightness setting?

Bo-Locks

Maybe footy gaf knows the answer:

I've updated Chrome and now the "white" is much brighter than it used to be. So bright, in fact, that it hurts my eyes.

Of course, I thought of adjusting the monitor settings, but it's only chrome that is too bright. The other programmes are as they were before.

Is there any way I can change the brightness setting?

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

It dims the monitor at night and makes it much easier on the eye.

L1NETT

Phelan sacked? Hmmm. Who was Moyes' assistant at Everton??

--

Also, Henning Wehn is hilarious. Been watching some of his stuff about football, very funny.

sohois

Reina -> Barca 10m
Skrtel -> Russia 16m

Shelvey should go for more than that, he is English. Wouldn't actually consider selling him for such a low amount

Zabojnik

BIGuain for Arsenal ?

Dunno, apparently our interest in Higuain is just as real. There's also a crazy rumor floating around that we've come to some sort of agreement with RM for Di Maria, promising them Vidal for next season. Probably bullshit, but hey. Muppets gonna muppet.

bjaelke

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m
R.Madrid willing 2 stop the transfer of Neymar 2 Barcelona with 100m euros. At the Camp Nou, confident he will honour the agreement with FCB

That's just retarded. Pay €70m for Bale and keep the rest*.

*Don't loan more.

The 37 English professional football clubs offering zero pay for real jobs

Clubs in the Premier or Football League in the 2012/13 season using UK Sport to offer unpaid internships in the six months to April 2013:

Accrington Stanley,
AFC Bournemouth,
Aldershot Town,
Barnet,
Barnsley,
Blackpool
Brentford,
Bristol Rovers,
Bury,
Cardiff City
Charlton Athletic,
Chesterfield,