• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

In the world where Isco is worth 40m and Iniesta is the third best player in the world, Jovetic is winning a Ballon d'Or.

Fuck, hype levels rising to unhealthy levels already. Must not get excited. City or some other club will steal him, I just know it.
JUVENTICCCCCCCCC

Jovetic is overpriced, yes. Everyone is now. But he's not awfully overpriced, and he has a lot of untapped potential. Recall that he's been playing for Fiorentina and has suffered several bad injuries. If he can stay fit and healthy for a few years in a better side...

GENpkwq.jpg

One done, a few more to go

dc89

"There are always rumours but I want to play with all the big players and Carlos is a big player, so I would like him to stay. I am very happy at City. I've got two more years on my contract and I'm going to work hard."

YES AGUERO!

Zabojnik

Jovetic is overpriced, yes. Everyone is now. But he's not awfully overpriced, and he has a lot of untapped potential. Recall that he's been playing for Fiorentina and has suffered several bad injuries. If he can stay fit and healthy for a few years in a better side...

As far as injuries go, we've had an amazing two seasons under Conte's staff. Hopefully they'll be able to work their magic on Jovetic too. Nnnnnnghh.

Can you imagine JUVEtic with Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba hovering around him?

/dead

With Llorente acting as a buoy up front. NNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

FootballFan

In the world where Isco is worth 40m and Iniesta is the third best player in the world, Jovetic is winning a Ballon d'Or.

Yurt, you're my bro, and same goes with Juve-gaf. But your jealousy of Andres God Iniesta is cringe-worthy. Build one.

Also, Isco shits on Jovetic. Thanks.

Lightning

Banned
If we sign Ashley Williams then Vermaelen will surely be sold. I can't see us wanting to let Kos or Mertesacker go but is Williams any better than Kos or Mertesacker? I personally don't think so and that combination has been fairly effective in our run in so Ashley Williams going from Swansea captain to Arsenal's bench? Doesn't seem like a very clever career choice at his age, imo.

So personally I hope the Ashley Williams rumours are bullshit.

FootballFan

Looks like Sanchez is staying at Barca.

He says he had a meeting with Barca staff and they see him as an integral part of their future.

Yep, as I thought. Said this about 25 times here already but this season he has had moments of wonderful play and his first season for us was great. Still young too, so no worries.

One below average season shouldn't mean we sell him. A lot of our players were below average this season. Doesn't mean we should sell everyone.

He will be fantastic next season with Messi and Neymar.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, you're my bro, and same goes with Juve-gaf. But your jealousy of Andres God Iniesta is cringe-worthy. Build one.

Also, Isco shits on Jovetic. Thanks.

Are you pulling a Fry8?
3AQmK.gif

I just don't think he's the third best player in the world. The best dribbler though? Sure, okay.

Lightning

Banned
Yep, as I thought. Said this about 25 times here already but this season he has had moments of wonderful play and his first season for us was great. Still young too, so no worries.

He will be fantastic next season with Messi and Neymar.
Is Thiago actually going to leave? Wtf Barca...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BLEAuOOCcAA4n3m.jpg

Shake Appeal said:
Jovetic/Llorente strikes me as a damn sight better than Vucinic/Matri. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Make ANYTHING happen
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
I don't want to see this combination ever again.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Twitter: Spurs are going to bid 15M for Vucinic.

Hell, I'd sell him for 10M.

If we sign Ashley Williams then Vermaelen will surely be sold. I can't see us wanting to let Kos or Mertesacker go but is Williams any better than Kos or Mertesacker? I personally don't think so and that combination has been fairly effective in our run in so Ashley Williams going from Swansea captain to Arsenal's bench? Doesn't seem like a very clever career choice at his age, imo.

Is selling your captain like an Arsenal tradition now or something? lol

FootballFan

Are you pulling a Fry8?
3AQmK.gif

I just don't think he's the third best player in the world. The best dribbler though? Sure, okay.

You gotta watch him properly. You have to watch him with pure vision. See him glide across the pitch and split defenses open.

The light that shines with-in him making him look pale, you have to see that light.

Also, he doesn't pick so it's not his fault UEFA picked him and not Pirlo for the Player of the Tournament.

u1Ci36m.jpg

Iniesta <3

fuenf

WOW HOLY SHIT

FAST & FURIOUS 6.... what a film, I would say it's even better than Five. I liked the setup and story of 5 more but damn they went all out on this one and delivered on nearly every front. It's ridiculous, at one point the audience even clapped because of the awesomeness. Clapping NEVER happens in German cinemas.

?? What does Thiago have to do with Neymar, Sanchez or Messi.

Cesc/Xavi are the ones that would make a difference.

A lot of people here keep putting Thiago on the wing in their formations for some reason..lol

Yeah that's fucking upsetting me too. I'd cry if we put him on the wing like we have Shinji.

phaze

It makes sense really. We need replacement for Squilacci.

:D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You gotta watch him properly. You have to watch him with pure vision. See him glide across the pitch and split defenses open.

The light that shines with-in him making him look pale, you have to see that light.

Also, he doesn't pick so it's not his fault UEFA picked him and not Pirlo for the Player of the Tournament.

u1Ci36m.jpg

Iniesta <3

This was never about Pirlo.

Clegg

Is anyone watching the Graham Norton show?

Will Smith is on promoting his new movie when out of nowhere Jazzy Jeff comes on stage ad starts rapping with Smith.

Then Carlton Banks ran on and did his Fresh Prince dance.

Fucking television gold.

Clegg

Posting for new page:

Will Smith is on promoting his new movie when out of nowhere Jazzy Jeff comes on stage ad starts rapping with Smith.

Fucking television gold.

Posting for new page:

Fucking television gold.

That does sound pretty rad.

dc89

Posting for new page:

Fucking television gold.

I'm gonna have to see this.

Lightning

Banned
?? What does Thiago have to do with Neymar, Sanchez or Messi.

Cesc/Xavi are the ones that would make a difference.

A lot of people here keep putting Thiago on the wing in their formations for some reason..lol
Nothing. Just wondering if Barca would actually sell him or if Thiago would actually agree to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom