• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I've tempted you in I'll fill you in on the proper details. The phone comes from a site called smartfonestore and they sell on phones that have been returned because a customer wasn't happy with it and so can't be sold as new, or phones that have been recycled. They have two grade B Xperia Z's left which are both SIM unlocked http://www.smartfonestore.com/buy_Handset_Sony_Unlocked_Xperia Z_Black_B.aspx

Grade B generally are extremely good condition. I've seen 5 grade B's from them and 4 of them looked almost brand spanking new, and the other had a few scratches on the screen. If you get a phone and you're not happy with the condition of it they offer free no quibble returns within 7 days of getting the phone, and it's all done by RM next day delivery.

As for that tariff, here it is http://giffgaff.com/goodybags Giffgaff are an MNVO run by O2 and I can refer you if it interests you?

It sounds extremely stupid, but could I buy the phone new from anywhere and apply the Giffgaff contract to it? I'm extremely anal about buying used things even in perfect condition :(

edit: D'you guys reckon Sturridge will start the next England friendlies?

Spot the Kermit

stadsgaard1puqj.gif

Clegg

I'd take Febregas in a heartbeat.

This summer will be shit sports wise. Last year we had the Euro's and the Olympics. This year we have nothing.

Hixx

Wow I thought it was longer than 9 years since Palace were in the Premier League.

But still, fuck'em. Come on Brighton.

MPW

Any deal involving the Xperia Z is a good one. Join Bacon, Sleepless, Lego and me :p

#Xperiazbros

woah, did not know so many others here have a Xperia as well!

i wonder who will mou have in the starting XI for copa

watch him troll everyone and put carvalho-albiol CB partnership

kharma45

It sounds extremely stupid, but could I buy the phone new from anywhere and apply the Giffgaff contract to it? I'm extremely anal about buying used things even in perfect condition :(

Only if the phone is SIM unlocked or locked to O2. It'd still work out cheaper than that contract too over the 2 years although the upfront cost is more. It's around £490 SIM free everywhere I've looked.

Some reasonably deals listed here too http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=xperia+z

qindarka

Banned
Kinda sucks for Falcao. He isn't exactly young anymore. He could have moved to a top club two seasons ago and now will likely be forced to waste a season with Monaco.

Only if the phone is SIM unlocked or locked to O2. It'd still work out cheaper than that contract too over the 2 years although the upfront cost is more. It's around £490 SIM free everywhere I've looked.

Some reasonably deals listed here too http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=xperia+z

The phone seems to cost £500+ alone on 02, and I'm guessing to get one sim-unlocked it has to be used, in which case I'd rather go for the first one :)

How long do I have, realistically, before someone snaps up those Grade B used phones? And do they come with all the packaging, instructions and extra components? How do I go about getting the warranty sorted?

Cheers again :)

Hixx

Need...,200..., more..., words. I have no inspiration for this assignment :(

Two hundred words is nowt. I could rattle that off about any subject. It'd be a load of shit but just randomly insert sentences into your article about things that do interest you I mean no-one will actually give a shit. See, here's like fifty words and I've said absolutely bot all about anything important. Many consider it rambling. For me it's talking shit but look how easy the words come. LOOK. Now it's closer to one hundred actually. I went on a bit more than I intended. See where I'm going, Linius? Me neither. Words. Ninety nine words.

D_prOdigy

I have no idea who any of these posters are.

I'm reluctant to ask about them because what if they're sad enough to lurk to see if anyone bothers to talk about them.

What then.

kharma45

The phone seems to cost £500+ alone on 02, and I'm guessing to get one sim-unlocked it has to be used, in which case I'd rather go for the first one :)

How long do I have, realistically, before someone snaps up those Grade B used phones? And do they come with all the packaging, instructions and extra components? How do I go about getting the warranty sorted?

Cheers again :)

Na you can buy them SIM free, Amazon, Carphone Warehouse all do them.

The stock on there comes and goes, they've had those for a few days now so I can't say. You get their own packaging not the original stuff and a USB cable, so it's pretty basic. As for the warranty Sony should cover from date of manufacture, if they try to give any problems just say it was a gift.

It's a lot of money to spend and tbh deals like this are probably better starting at £22 with a free phone http://www.mobileshop.com/mobile-phones/sony-xperia-z/pay-monthly.html

kharma45

58 in my digital finance essay, shite one. Thought I had done well in it and was expecting a good solid 2.1, apparently I wasn't critical enough. Need to do well in the exam now.

Linius

Two hundred words is nowt. I could rattle that off about any subject. It'd be a load of shit but just randomly insert sentences into your article about things that do interest you I mean no-one will actually give a shit. See, here's like fifty words and I've said absolutely bot all about anything important. Many consider it rambling. For me it's talking shit but look how easy the words come. LOOK. Now it's closer to one hundred actually. I went on a bit more than I intended. See where I'm going, Linius? Me neither. Words. Ninety nine words.

I see what you're getting at :lol

What is your assignment about?

Have to write an article (newspaper style) that has something to do with social network sites and I'm forced to use at least two of the scientific articles we had to read for this week. So I make it easy on my self and go with youngsters and how they use Facebook. Just need to wrap things up and write a little more bullshit at the bottom now. Expanding my intro a little is the right thing to do now, I'll just explain what social network sites are first :p

kharma45

Help me decide guys..

Been offered this (or as close to this I can get, can't find the specific water cooling the actual PC has) for £1000. yay or nay? My PC at the moment is alright.. (16GB ram, ssd, 560ti, 4Ghz i5)

GLGoxXA.png

Just to re-iterate, this is a steal. He's seriously undervaluing it.

crap good luck with the exam

It's a bore of a module but at least this is motivation now for the exam. Almost tempted to ask for someone else to look at the paper as it was a PhD student that marked it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kermit's alt.

Simpsons avatar

Roland Garros = Tennis. Both of them posted in the Tennis thread. And his fourth post was in Football GAF, laughing at United.

Well, I've see that one..

before.

-

Based Wooden, master of google, follow the trail!

GT6 reveal on Wednesday. Please be on PS4 as well. And please let PS4 support the Logitech GT Force or whatever its called

it should be PS4 only, to be honest. 2 reasons:

- it's pretty obvious they can't get the game to look any better than 5 on the the PS3.

- drives sales for PS4 from day 0.

Muntari banned for two games, he's going to miss the first match of next season. Roma have also been fined €50.000 for the racists slurs.

Milan have been fined €15.000 because some of the fans were pointing with laser pens at the Roma players' faces in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom