• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Yep Sky Sports 1, they had him on after Woy Hodgson. Let's just say he wasn't looking too happy.

Should be a interesting few days, do you think Pellegrini will bring Isco with him?

I think so. This summer will be quite interesting -- so many top clubs with managerial changes. The transfer activity should be quite entertaining to follow.

kharma45

Help me decide guys..

Been offered this (or as close to this I can get, can't find the specific water cooling the actual PC has) for £1000. yay or nay? My PC at the moment is alright.. (16GB ram, ssd, 560ti, 4Ghz i5)

GLGoxXA.png

You've been offered this for £1K? Is it broken?

Meier

Someone make this guy a pundit. This is very well stated:

Mark Meadowcroft, City fan of 41 years

Roberto Mancini has done a good job. I know he's had a lot of money, but he has taken a team from being wannabes to sitting at the top table of English (if not European) football. He ended the trophy drought and then won the league. A lot of Reds are telling me how much they rated Mancini as a tough and wily opponent. They always say this when a City manager leaves, but on this occasion, I don't think they are saying it for effect.

If I were Sheikh Mansour, I would keep him, although I would have said that with more vehemence had we won the FA Cup. I can understand why he's going – and three and a half years is not a bad innings for a manager anywhere these days. The tenures of Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsène Wenger are outliers and are not really relevant to City.

Mancini has provided us Blues with some iconic moments, with 30 April 2012 a standout for me. After Nigel de Jong clattered into a Manchester United player in the closing stages of the derby at the Etihad, Ferguson went ballistic on the touchline. Mancini stood up to him, defending his player and his club. That night he outwitted our rival on and off the pitch and also had it in him to stand up to Ferguson physically and verbally.

The positives substantially outweigh the negatives under Mancini, but progress has stalled this season and there are doubts that the distant manner he has with the players is sustainable over longer than about three of four years. They certainly didn't seem to be playing for him on Saturday. On the other hand, it is easy to argue that his past achievements deserved at least one more season and his Champions League record has to be judged in the light of two ridiculously tough draws. To this extent, an upgrade on Mancini would have to be a seriously good manager.

Whether Manuel Pellegrini would be be an improvement is a huge unknown. He has a fantastic reputation but, a bit like David Moyes, he has worked with less fancied clubs – apart from that year at Real Madrid. The two former Barcelona directors now working at City must really rate their former opponent. Running Barça that close at their absolute peak was a real achievement.

Whoever is in the charge this summer, City have a lot of work to do. Departures should include Kolo Touré, Javi García, Maicon, Scott Sinclair, Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko. Coming in – either from other clubs or the academy – should be an out-and-out right winger, two strikers that contrast with Sergio Agüero and Carlos Tevez, a more creative midfielder (in the mould of Elano, Eyal Berkovic or Ali Benarbia) and a right-sided defender. We shouldn't give up on three at the back as it's a viable option against certain teams, and Kolarov should be used higher up the pitch.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ester-city-roberto-mancini-manuel-pellegrini?

Ingeniero

Damn I played Diablo 3 all weekend, at least 12 hours... this patch man, it saved the game imo.

I am on the fence about buying Football Manager... never played FM before, is it much better than the manager mode in FIFA?

Meier

So Silva - Isco - Milner behind Aguero? Could be quite effective.

Rumors popped up again that we might make a move for Robben and that he'd be available at a reasonable price. Say what you will about him, but his pace and his left foot can definitely change a game. He would definitely be a huge improvement to our current squad although things could be different under Pellegrini of course.

Wilbur

Banned
I know I asked for newbies but I didn't want them all to support Liverpool :(

Ingeniero: its a million times better than FIFA

Meier

I am on the fence about buying Football Manager... never played FM before, is it much better than the manager mode in FIFA?

FM is a fantastic game and a vast improvement over FIFA's manager mode. It is far, far, far more in-depth though so keep that in mind if you like the relatively low-key aspect of FIFA. One thing I wish FIFA would do is institute feeder teams/affiliates. It is next to impossible to get your young players out on loan whereas in FM you can just send them to one of your affiliates if no one actively makes a loan move.

rodvik

Damn I played Diablo 3 all weekend, at least 12 hours... this patch man, it saved the game imo.

Yes. The new one even has a "Classic mode which I recommend. Easier to use.

Feorax

We need more fans from loads of clubs in the PL! The Swansea lads post very rarely, Bootay is our West Ham fan and there's more Newcastle fans than I thought who pop up sometimes.

I remember when I first started posting in Footy GAF, there was a Newcastle fan who was Kermit levels of cuntishness. His name escapes me, but needless to say I much prefer our current crop of toon supporters.

Clegg

I think Moyes will give Rooney another opportunity at United.

Can't see him selling him in his first summer as manager.

Tc91

FC Barcelona ‏@FCBarcelona_es 7m
Acuerdo para la renovación de @gerardeulofeu hasta 2017. Su cláusula de rescisión será de 35 millones de euros

I assume that is he's signed a new contract with a release clause of £35m.

Arnie

I remember when I first started posting in Footy GAF, there was a Newcastle fan who was Kermit levels of cuntishness. His name escapes me, but needless to say I much prefer our current crop of toon supporters.
There was a real mouthy one who piped up to argue the toss about my French QPR comment in January. He hasn't surfaced since, to my knowledge.

Jburton

Banned

SAF hanging Rooney out to dry yesterday was a way of taking that pressure and negativity away from Moyes, that shit was calculated.

Rooney is gone.

Wilbur

Banned
What are the chances of another cunt in the Kermit mould turning up

Lots of new Liverpool fans so 100%

joking guys WELCOME. I love new fans :D. I want a Viola fan

We need a Stoke fan.

Roll-up-man-008.jpg

We did have one, dunno where he's gone

I think he'll get rid. Can't see Rooney wanting to stick around, and Moyes needs to make a statement that he's in charge. I want the fucking twat out.

I thought the same thing. lol

:loooool

Hixx

I can't remember anyone of them being that bad.

Apart from ChrisWok who got on my tits.

Surely you're not referring to ChrisWok? (who has changed his name now).

Ingeniero

What does this Jesus patch contain?
Increased monster density in acts 1, 2 and 4. Basically all the areas in those acts now have roughly 2-2.5x more monsters than before making leveling up and item farming much easier.
Also they added a bonnus exp, mf and gf for party play.
Oh yeah and good ol identify all.

FM is a fantastic game and a vast improvement over FIFA's manager mode. It is far, far, far more in-depth though so keep that in mind if you like the relatively low-key aspect of FIFA. One thing I wish FIFA would do is institute feeder teams/affiliates. It is next to impossible to get your young players out on loan whereas in FM you can just send them to one of your affiliates if no one actively makes a loan move.
Yes. The new one even has a "Classic mode which I recommend. Easier to use.
Sounds good, I will download the demo and try it out, thanks.

Wilbur

Banned
What's a good all-encompassing site for footy news?

Generally Twitter will be the most all encompassing if you have a wide variety of sources, but obviously there's lots of bullshit there. For best reporting I like Guardian, for most official reporting it'll be BBC. But there's no concrete answer I think.

bFUou8q.jpg

Is that a good deal for someone who barely makes calls and is more interested in the extras you get with a smartphone than the basics you get with any phone?

What happens at the end of a contract? Is the phone yours? When do you get offered the upgrades?

#clueless

kharma45

Nope, friend bought it last year and now needs the money..

Does seem a decent price for what you're getting. If it was being built now there are questionably choices but for the price it's hard to beat.

bFUou8q.jpg

Is that a good deal for someone who barely makes calls and is more interested in the extras you get with a smartphone than the basics you get with any phone?

What happens at the end of a contract? Is the phone yours? When do you get offered the upgrades?

#clueless

So no calls yet you've chosen unlimited minutes? :p At the end you cancel and the phone is yours, upgrade are usually a couple of months before.

I just assume he still posts here under a different name.

If he does, he's reigned it in a bit.

Who was that Australian City fan who left after it became obvious that he was Kermit?

@kharma, I can't find a plan with decent data usage, but limited minutes and a decent price for the phone. I wish you could customise more. I'd stick with PAYG if I could get the data on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom