• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Football gaf hates shinji. Even if he performs well they think he performed bad.

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

The hate for our team is hilarious, one of the best parts of being a United fan but it all boils down to one thing. Jealousy.

Football gaf hates shinji. Even if he performs well they think he performed bad.
It's a case of the extremes.

United fans obv love him dearly so we are very eager to praise him. This results in people giving him stick any chance they get.

It's kind of like the posts about Zaha here yesterday - although we don't really love him haha.

Kagawa had an okay season, a 6/10. It's obvious he has alot of ability, though. Hopefully he does better next season with a more central role and generally being more settled.

Muzzled indeed.
Muzzling is something football clubs love to do.

As City's PR man I urge you to pay keen attention to some muzzling City have been doing lately with regards to those wonderful owners of yours. Might be some unwanted press converage soon...

Bumhead

Banned
So playing Pro Evo 5 over the past few days has reminded me how wonderful the likes of Ronaldinho/Zidane were, I've watched numerous videos of them both the past couple of days. It might just be the nostalgia talking but do we really have many players like that around at the moment? Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are incredible, but Ronaldinho and Zidane just seemed to have so much more class, grace and style about the way they played.

Both incredible players, although I can't think of many other players who fell from such heights to such lows so quickly within the space of their career as Ronaldinho.

Ronaldo is still the best player I've ever seen in my opinion. Obviously there have been players of such incredible skill like Zidane - orchestrators on the pitch - but I don't think I've seen a player of such devastating quality as Ronaldo. He was the ultimate striker. The thing I most loved about watching him was that thing he would do where he would run at goal, 2 defenders would close in on him, and he just seemed to walk through them. He was so strong, and his feet so quick, that by the time the defenders realised what had hit them or where his feet were, Ronaldo was six yards clear of them and about to put the ball in the back of the net. Which 9 times out of 10, or so it seemed, he did.

Even when he looked like a fucking zeppelin I don't think there's another player in the world at the time I'd want bearing down on goal with the ball at his feet.

K1LLER7

Both incredible players, although I can't think of many other players who fell from such heights to such lows so quickly within the space of their career as Ronaldinho.

Ronaldo is still the best player I've ever seen in my opinion. Obviously there have been players of such incredible skill like Zidane - orchestrators on the pitch - but I don't think I've seen a player of such devastating quality as Ronaldo. He was the ultimate striker. The thing I most loved about watching him was that thing he would do where he would run at goal, 2 defenders would close in on him, and he just seemed to walk through them. He was so strong, and his feet so quick, that by the time the defenders realised what had hit them or where his feet were, Ronaldo was six yards clear of them and about to put the ball in the back of the net. Which 9 times out of 10, or so it seemed, he did.

Even when he looked like a fucking zeppelin I don't think there's another player in the world at the time I'd want bearing down on goal with the ball at his feet.

Used to love how he'd be one on one with the GK and use stepovers to get past him.

His performance against united was one of the best i've ever seen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg/220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png[IMG]

The hate for our team is hilarious, one of the best parts of being a United fan but it all boils down to one thing. Jealousy.[/QUOTE]

You live with your brother who does that and mine is extremely like that. My brother always says "you couldn't find any other club to like but this?"

qindarka

Banned
Hope that Arsenal lose here but beat Newcastle on the final day with Spurs conceding 3 goals in injury time to draw with Sunderland 3-3.

Clegg

Best player I've ever seen in the flesh is Cristiano Ronaldo. I was at Old Trafford when United played Wigan. Ronaldo scored twice.

I've seen Brazilian Ronaldo play too but that was in friendly in 2004 and he was clearly on the decline.

Sounds good, enjoy your stay man. Rembrandt and Leidsche are always a good place to hang out. That place at Damrak is called Teasers by the way. During the late hours the waitresses walk around in 'sexy' clothing. Hence Teasers.

Sounds awesome but I'm going with my girlfriend and I don't think she will be too thrilled about it :D

Tc91

Best player I've ever seen in the flesh is Cristiano Ronaldo. I was at Old Trafford when United played Wigan. Ronaldo scored twice.

I've seen Brazilian Ronaldo play too but that was in friendly in 2004 and he was clearly on the decline.

Yep same Cristiano takes it as well for me, been to a few derbies where he's played.

Del Piero takes a close second he was pure class to watch.

Kyoufu

Beating Arsenal at home is the unthinkable? You're not Reading
or Bayern

I wish I didn't have to feel insecure about a home game, but we've been bending over for many games at home over the course of this season.

lol at Bayern though. That game must have been fixed.

bjaelke

I got to "see" Zidane back in 98. He was on the bench for the entire match which really disappointed me. Luckily I got to see Laudrup and Rivaldo beasting in the quarter final later on. Such a thrilling match.

Ronaldo would have to be the best player I've seen in a competitive match.

Saw Zidane in a charity game, he was still amazing haha.

I got to "see" Zidane back in 98. He was on the bench for the entire match which really disappointed me. Luckily I got to see Laudrup and Rivaldo beasting in the quarter final later on. Such a thrilling match.
What about Bendtner?

You know I like Shinji. The problem with Kagawa is that he does not really fit in Ferguson's United. From what I've seen from him in the United shirt, he's not bad at all. But he's not playing great football, either, it's rather bland. That might have different reasons: United's play style, Kagawa getting used to PL, wrong position, other players don't suit him, etc.

But right now, he looks like an all in all worse player than at BVB and I don't see why there should be any fuss over him. Kagawa's play is missing the speed and the creativity/courage for extraordinary passes that made him this awesome player for us. Will definately be interesting which role he'll play under Moyes.

You know I like Shinji. The problem with Kagawa is that he does not really fit in Ferguson's United. From what I've seen from him in the United shirt, he's not bad at all. But he's not playing great football, either, it's rather bland. That might have different reasons: United's play style, Kagawa getting used to PL, wrong position, other players don't suit him, etc.

But right now, he looks like an all in all worse player than at BVB and I don't see why there should be any fuss over him. Kagawa's play is missing the speed and the creativity/courage for extraordinary passes that made him this awesome player for us. Will definately be interesting which role he'll play under Moyes.
Pretty much.

We really need to play him more consistently next season, even if its still out wide (which isn't ideal) he needs more game time full stop.

He was out for 2-3 months this year which didn't help either.

But yes I think you summed it up perfectly.

Watzke confirmed that he, Zorc and Klopp met in Porto to watch the Porto-Benfica match last Saturday. Most likely that they were there to watch Martinez.

Now, I'm asking myself is there any chance Porto would sell their main striker who's scoring for fun in the league, has a 40m release clause and just joined a year ago? Especially for less than those 40m because we surely won't pay that? Does Porto has financial problems because otherwise I don't think there's a chance. Or am I missing some other Porto talents that could join us rather cheaply (Atsu?, Rodriguez?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom