• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Not really, since my spamming consists of a line or a gif of something worth revelling in, whereas you cunts fill pages at a time with formations that nobody cares about.

Every WiiU thread, some idiot pops in to recommend it based on the inevitability of games that haven't even been announced.

Tumblr .gif of a single pass.... I feel like I can remember hearing complaints of Carrick, Clev and Kagawa .gifs on the same level =P

PowderedToast

let people enjoy themselves with coutinho. it's rodgers job to keep his expectations in check, and he'll do that. couts is not gonna play every game next season.

Formation for Froggie's last game

De Gea

Jones Rio Evans Evra

Nani Carrick Cleverley Kagawa

Welbeck Hernandez

---

Formation for tonight's game

Amos

Veseli Fornasier Thorpe James

Lingard Tunnicliffe Ekangamene Cole

Powell Januzaj

Tumblr .gif of a single pass.... I feel like I can remember hearing complaints of Carrick and Kagawa .gifs on the same level =P

I never had a problem with the gifs. The problem was when shit performances (not from Carrick tbf) were made out to be good performances because of one pass :p

edit: And what bjaelke said. Even when I try to have a decent conversation about Kagawa's time at Man Utd, its just met with a stream of shitty gifs of him doing anything but playing the sport he's supposed to be good at.

Yeah, ideally I'd like him and Oscar to get a rest. Mata needs a rest too, but he'll probably end up in the Spain squad, right?

I would be very surprised if he wasn't :/ I hope we don't use our full team in the post-season friendlies but I bet part of the agreement is we have to!

Watching the second leg of the game against Benfica from last season on Chelsea TV to make me feel better. Should be fine if they play anything like this again.

Waiting for the live training and press conference which is happening at 17:45.

phaze

He had that run where he was absolutely untouchable and playing as good as anyone in the league. Was scoring at will for a month or so.. then he got hurt or something and came back to earth.

Signed a new contract, actually.

Hah it sure feels that way.

Random Arsenal gif:

pires10hjaf.gif

Arsene Wenger has revealed that Jack Wilshere is to have what is described as ‘minor surgery’ on his right ankle.

The midfielder made his comeback this season after a protracted period out of the game which saw him undergo operations on that same ankle and, subsequently, his knee to correct a further problem.

Arsenal have made it clear that it’s a problem with his left ankle which is currently keeping him out of the side, although he has been fully involved in training, and Wenger said he was confident this small procedure would not lead to any lengthy lay-off.

“Jack will have small, mild surgery,” said the manager. “It is a very small, small, small one. It is to remove a small pin. It will not be a problem.

“He will need very minor surgery, but we manage that as far as we can until the end of the season. At the moment, we use him only in games when I feel he is really needed.

“He won’t be available for England in the forthcoming friendlies, but he will be back for pre-season.”

That news pretty much rules him out of starting either of our final two games, and if his participation is any way risky to his longer-term health then, given the options we have to cope with his absence, it might be best to leave him out altogether.
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/05/wilshere-to-have-minor-surgery-on-ankle/
See you in January, Jack !

WJD

So playing Pro Evo 5 over the past few days has reminded me how wonderful the likes of Ronaldinho/Zidane were, I've watched numerous videos of them both the past couple of days. It might just be the nostalgia talking but do we really have many players like that around at the moment? Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are incredible, but Ronaldinho and Zidane just seemed to have so much more class, grace and style about the way they played.

So playing Pro Evo 5 over the past few days has reminded me how wonderful the likes of Ronaldinho/Zidane were, I've watched numerous videos of them both the past couple of days. It might just be the nostalgia talking but do we really have many players like that around at the moment? Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are incredible, but Ronaldinho and Zidane just seemed to have so much more class, grace and style about the way they played.

Iniesta is the closest we have.

image.php

Damrak, with the big Chelsea flags out front.

Thanks!

I'm buzzing about the final now. Munich was amazing but the atmosphere was a bit rubbish in the town because we were so outnumbered. I think I was too nervous about the game to enjoy the build up.
I will enjoy Amsterdam more because its such a great city, I couldn't pick a better place for a final.
We are traveling overnight and getting dropped off tomorrow morning at the ArenA. I was thinking of doing a museum, maybe a canal trip and going to some pubs with Chelsea fans around Rambrantplein in the afternoon because its close to the metro but I might check this bar out instead.

MPW

even i couldn't hate ronaldinho's barca

i'm glad zizzou and roanldinho won CL and world cup, both deserve it

Fintan

I would be very surprised if he wasn't :/ I hope we don't use our full team in the post-season friendlies but I bet part of the agreement is we have to!

Watching the second leg of the game against Benfica from last season on Chelsea TV to make me feel better. Should be fine if they play anything like this again.

I'm not so sure, we haven't got Kalou and Meireles this time!

And who knows if Lampard will play?

Linius

Thanks!

I'm buzzing about the final now. Munich was amazing but the atmosphere was a bit rubbish in the town because we were so outnumbered. I think I was too nervous about the game to enjoy the build up.
I will enjoy Amsterdam more because its such a great city, I couldn't pick a better place for a final.
We are traveling overnight and getting dropped off tomorrow morning at the ArenA. I was thinking of doing a museum, maybe a canal trip and going to some pubs with Chelsea fans around Rambrantplein in the afternoon because its close to the metro but I might check this bar out instead.

Sounds good, enjoy your stay man. Rembrandt and Leidsche are always a good place to hang out. That place at Damrak is called Teasers by the way. During the late hours the waitresses walk around in 'sexy' clothing. Hence Teasers.

qindarka

Banned

Thought we were awful in the second leg. Got dominated for long stretches of the game by 10 men and were a goal away from getting knocked out.

dc89

@Citywatch said:
Moyes on FFP (expect him to be muzzled soon): "It could make the rich richer & the poor poorer, increasing the gulf in the Premier League."

"It has been brought in with good intentions but we could end up concluding that it is restricting trading."

Muzzled indeed.

Those gifs...

Does Kagawa gets a lot of love just because he smiles a lot and he's Japanese? I mean Giggs has probably had as good a season as Kagawa, but he barely gets any pointless gif time.

Poor Giggs

tumblr_m9qd6l7Mrw1qmz06ho2_500.gif

tumblr_lvf7bhAKM11qat986o1_400.gif

Kikarian

I'm still laughing at Rooney's face at the parade yesterday. He was smiling to the crowd, but where I was stood everyone booed him and his face just dropped.
3AQmK.gif

Kikarian

I hope the rumors of City getting Mou aren't true.

WHAT HE COULD DO WITH THAT MONEY.

They're most likely not true, isn't him going to Chelsea almost a done deal?

Wilbur

Banned
Rio tweets he's still 'mashed up' following yesterdays party as his restaurant. Poor choice of words considering around a year ago 20+ bags of cannabis were found there.

This is the weakest post you've ever made :lol :lol :lol

Aguero says he was ecstatic to score the winner in last year's final game. Poor choice of words considering that in the match he dodged a tackle, and Dodge make the Viper car, and the Viper Room was where River Phoenix died after taking lots of cocaine and heroin, an illegal drug like... ecstasy.

Kikarian

This is the weakest post you've ever made :lol :lol :lol

Aguero says he was ecstatic to score the winner in last year's final game. Poor choice of words considering that in the match he dodged a tackle, and Dodge make the Viper car, and the Viper Room was where River Phoenix died after taking lots of cocaine and heroin, an illegal drug like... ecstasy.
ax8Yby9.png

confuziz

Banned

are you sure you are not on drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom