• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody seen this clip of Papadopoulos?

No, but I remember that. Dude's intense.

lMQ7P.png
hLwFI.png

subtles

No wonder Liverpool have hired Steve Peters. The club are actively looking to bring in players of Suarez's ilk, talented but with a questionable mental status.

rvy

Banned
Yurt, you asshole. You could have told me that I'm supposed to head for the Undead Burg and not the New Londo Ruins or the cemetery.

I bet there's some retarded sell-on clause in his contract.

If there is such a clause requiring West Ham to purchase, one would have to assume that the amounts would be set by reference to his performance during his loan spell, rather than "you'll pay £17 million even if he's perma crocked and gets fat and plays like utter shite". So you'll probably get a tenner.

IIRC, he did pretty well at the Euro's last year? Remember his name being brought up a few times.

How good is he?

I think we're all just assuming he's really good because of Football Manager.

Yeah, he did very well there. Though I'd still put him in the "up-and-comer/talent" category. Too inconsistent and slightly too short (at least for Germany, prone to losing headers - afair). But he's very physical for his age and you could see him improving season over season, culminating in the good Euro performance up until he got injured this season.
He's also great at distance shots and pretty speedy. I think he'd fit very well into the EPL. I think I'd pair him with a stopper á la Mertesacker/Hummels.

/yeah the La Liga vassalage is pretty disgusting. Whenever I feel slightly sympathetic towards a Spanish top team I remember that and all the sympathy gone in an instant..

Feorax

Yeah, he did very well there. Though I'd still put him in the "up-and-comer/talent" category. Too inconsistent and slightly too short (at least for Germany, prone to losing headers - afair). But he's very physical for his age and you could see him improving season over season, culminating in the good Euro performance up until he got injured this season.
He's also great at distance shots and pretty speedy. I think he'd fit very well into the EPL. I think I'd pair him with a stopper á la Mertesacker/Hummels.

Interesting. Could see us partnering him with Kelly if that's the case.

It's not fucking funny, I lost 1500 souls because I headed to the New Londo Ruins and got my ass whooped by those ghosts. God damn it.
I sure as shit didn't go back to get my souls either.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

You know nothing, Jon Snow

subtles

I wonder why is it that pundits in England don't talk about the game from a tactical perspective? This analysis of Juventus' play for example would be very enlightening for the average football fan. Instead all we hear is how good one side is and how poor the other side played without looking at the factors influencing the outcome. I heard Klopp was brilliant back when he did some analysis as well.

rvy

Banned
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

You know nothing, Jon Snow

You guys need to stop trowing me GoT references because I've never watched it and don't get them.

I wonder why is it that pundits in England don't talk about the game from a tactical perspective? This analysis of Juventus' play for example would be very enlightening for the average football fan. Instead all we hear is how good one side is and how poor the other side played without looking at the factors influencing the outcome. I heard Klopp was brilliant back when he did some analysis as well.

I definitely agree with this.

Kyle, what was the explanation given for your ban anyway?
The story goes... There was some article -- I think it was Edge -- that interviewed Evilore. The article was fairly neutral but raised a few issues about GAF. Then a blog from Cliffy B came out -- a guy I should note I generally find to be very annoying -- where he made a few negative albeit general comments about GAF. Personally I agreed with him. So I just posted to say as much. However, I was in the middle of some programming work and didn't have a lot of time to go in to it further. I didn't think I really needed to either since everything I could say had already been posted in the blog.

Anyway, a bunch of people kept asking me to explain myself, I didn't have time as I was working. So every now and again -- over the period of like, an hour and a half -- I would pop in, make short replies to the people who quoted me, simply directing them to my previous comments.

Of course, this is GAF. So people started pointing out that I said I didn't have time to reply, yet I was making replies over a certain time period. I had at this point already explained that my posts were very short and not impeding on my work -- taking maybe a minute at a time to make -- where as to make a huge post would take substantially longer.

Then some guy said if that was the case he wouldn't take me seriously -- though I think he was bantering. I bantered back saying I didn't care -- nor I did.

Evilore quoted me saying something to the extent of "Look at all the fucks you don't give". Which is great and all, except I genuinely didn't.

And the reason I got, screen capped for posterity...

iblX5Im2CQuBO2.jpg

I got the feeling that he just didn't like the fact that I was agreeing with certain criticisms. Also, I think I made 6-8 posts, which in what I think was a 50 page thread, hardly constitutes derailment. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Probably one of the most boring ban stories that ever there was.

Yeah, came back on Saturday for the Villa game. Was so glad Lamps got his record! Glad I am back for tonight :D
Yeah, I was chuffed to bits for him. Bring on Benfica!

Scum

I expected a trailer. You have disappointed me, Scum.

Give it another 2 or so hours. I'm still waiting for a) a Vita version to be announced and b) the ability to stream the PS3 and/or Vita version via Gaikai on the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom