• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Hmm, I'm at a concert in Amsterdam tonight and I might be done with that around ten. Maybe catch the last thirty minutes of the finale in a bar. And I have no clue who to root for. Though I want Benfica to wash away the bad taste from last weekend, that was utter shit for them :(

Kyoufu

Yeah Cabaye's been disappointing this year, mostly in his attitude to the relegation fight, although that's been Newcastle as a whole really.

Cabaye has been injured for a large chunk of this season. The times he has played he has been great.

However, his corner kicks are diabolical.

Salazar

Sort that hair out, lad

60orIAY.jpg

Hmm, I'm at a concert in Amsterdam tonight and I might be done with that around ten. Maybe catch the last thirty minutes of the finale in a bar. And I have no clue who to root for. Though I want Benfica to wash away the bad taste from last weekend, that was utter shit for them :(

Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
Cabaye has been injured for a large chunk of this season. The times he has played he has been great.

However, his corner kicks are diabolical.

Yeah I know he's been injured but from what I've seen, large swathes of your squad don't really have the fight in them, which is odd considering last year. Some of them - Colo, S Taylor, Shola - have impressed me with actually fighting but even players who are quite talented like Debuchy and Sissoko have just disappeared in recent weeks.

GorillaJu

Looks fine to me. Nothing outrageously shite, nothing to make any kind of "statement" - just simple, clean and well fitting.

To be honest, it's a lot like him as a player.

I'm just joking, it's fine, all of it fits well, but that's what you get when you're making more money in a month than the country's average yearly income. You can afford to buy $400 sweaters that are just basic joints.

Salazar

I'm just joking, it's fine, all of it fits well, but that's what you get when you're making more money in a month than the country's average yearly income. You can afford to buy $400 sweaters that are just basic joints.

Journal Standard jacket arrived today.

When the Japanese say "light", they seem to really fucking mean it.

Kyoufu

Yeah I know he's been injured but from what I've seen, large swathes of your squad don't really have the fight in them, which is odd considering last year. Some of them - Colo, S Taylor, Shola - have impressed me with actually fighting but even players who are quite talented like Debuchy and Sissoko have just disappeared in recent weeks.

Alan Pardew.

WJD

Fuck me I could get something similar from Primark for under £50. Madness.

GorillaJu

I like most Engineered Garments stuff*. I impulse-bought a navy Truman jacket a few months back, and it's damned nice.

*Some of the prints are bogus.

Daiki Suzuki is good people

timeout-nyc-daiki-suzuki-interview.jpg

I really like EG fabrics and details but I'm too lanky for it to fit me. Sad face :(

Me too. Although I keep fluctuating. The noises coming from the club make it sound as though he's staying, but then we all know how that sometimes goes.
What happened this week with Fergie hanging him out to dry is very much a one-off. It feels like Ferguson just wanted to embarrass Rooney. The stories are all clearly coming from the club too because there is no incentive for Rooney to be leaking stories about him wanting to leave at the moment - it doesn't do him any benefit.

It's a strange situation. I'm pretty sure that the club have been offering him around to other clubs but that was with Ferguson in charge.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rooney is happy (happier) to stay now that Ferguson has gone. And I can see Moyes wanting to keep him. Rooney is still a very good player and getting rid of somebody like that is a big decision for an incoming manager to follow through with.

Guess the alternative is Ferguson setting up Rooney's exit so that it isn't on Moyes.

pappe

Wouldn't surprise me if Rooney is happy (happier) to stay now that Ferguson has gone. And I can see Moyes wanting to keep him. Rooney is still a very good player and getting rid of somebody like that is a big decision for an incoming manager to follow through with.
Or its the perfect way for Moyes to stamp his authority and that he is not gonna tolerate ego's no matter how good the player is.

But what if Rooney leaves and becomes a massive success elsewhere? Won't the fans be angry with Moyes?

Not if United are still successful? Fergson has been great at selling players still playing very well for United, but who obviously lost their hunger to play for the club before without much whining, even if they also became successful at other just as big clubs. Rooney has been acting like a tit, second transfer request now eh? With Moyes and Rooneys history on top of that, I think he's going to leave for sure.

Antioch

So is there anything to the Neymar-to-Bayern stuff or is the consensus still that he'll go to Barcelona? I guess Bayern would be interested in him as an eventual replacement for Ribery, but I can't see it happening in this upcoming transfer window when they're getting Goetze already.

subtles

Not if United are still successful? Fergson has been great at selling players still playing very well for United, but who obviously lost their hunger to play for the club before without much whining, even if they also became successful at other just as big clubs. Rooney has been acting like a tit, second transfer request now eh? With Moyes and Rooneys history on top of that, I think he's going to leave for sure.

Yes, Ferguson has done that throughout his career but Moyes is a new manager who hasn't convinced all of the fans he is the right man for the job yet (you know the fans I'm referring to I'm sure). What I'm getting at however is imagine Rooney is the one who knocks United out of the Champions League, or helps a domestic club like Chelsea win the title.

Feorax

I hope he does leave. It's only been a week or so and I'm already bored out of my mind with it all.

I personally reckon the last thing Moyes needs to start life at United is a potential firecracker like Rooney in the dressing room.

Yes, Ferguson has done that throughout his career but Moyes is a new manager who hasn't convinced all of the fans he is the right man for the job yet (you know the fans I'm referring to I'm sure). What I'm getting at however is imagine Rooney is the one who knocks United out of the Champions League, or helps a domestic club like Chelsea win the title.

Oh I would imagine United fans got pissed if he was sent to another English club, strengthening a direct opponent is always annoying as fuck. But sell him to PSG or Monaco? Meh. Shouldn't keep a player handing in transfer requests every second window he gets the chance or comes back from the summer break like a unfit bastard again.

Wilbur

Banned
If Rooney can go abroad, I'd have no hesitation in selling him. If its to a domestic rival, then no. But the important thing is that the club always has the upper hand, even if Moyes is coming into the job and wary of being a cock from the start, it's more important that the club gets what it wants than allowing a player to step all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom