• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

Brazil no 7 Lucas Moura
Germany no 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger
Portugal no 7 CristianoRonaldo
France no 7 Franck Ribery
England no 7......................... Phil Jones

Hahahaha i love being English

Gambit

He's a huge loss personality-wise, one of the classiest players we had :(

Yes, he is THE model professional. I'll miss him. and I really think having Lewa instead of Gomez robs us of options. Lewa is a better version of Mandzukic.

In any case, if Italy, why not Juve?

GQman2121

Banned
Nice second half, Rooney's and Paulinho's goals were great.

Neymar was impressive. Good at drawing defenders away from his teammates and that one moment where he destroyed Jones and got him booked was real nice.

It's great that he tracks back/pressures too. Going to need that for us. Looking good though, can't wait to see him link up with the best player in the world.

He's going to teach them a thing or two.

ibwDcO1TGte4mO.gif

I would have had him on our team too

fuenf

Yes, he is THE model professional. I'll miss him. and I really think having Lewa instead of Gomez robs us of options. Lewa is a better version of Mandzukic.

Juve doesnt make sense, they've already got Llorente... Chelsea or Spurs could've been perfect for him.

I think you got it right, Lewa is only a marginal improvement to Mandzukic :( and I'm not even sure whether he'll work as much as Mandzu does or what would happen if Mandzu starts ahead of him..

pulga

Banned

Why the fuck would we want Gomez.

Ninja please

FootballFan

He's going to teach them a thing or two.

ibwDcO1TGte4mO.gif

I would have had him on our team too

Hey I'm not against criticism of him. Just find it funny with the obsession Madrid fans have over him because they all wanted him and pretend they didn't.

This is real, not fake, Pulga's last 20 posts, these are the ones NOT saying something about Neymar:

Holy shit Rooney.

Ill take him at Madrid if you mancunts will insist on pushing him out the door.

DAT GUY NO ONE KNOWS

FRED BE HIS NAME

Um why are they booing lol

THREE posts out of TWENTY. TWENTY. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20. Out of that many posts. 3/20 :lolololol

Obsessed much? And then they are going to tell me they didn't want him LOOOOL.

FootballFan

Imagine Liverpool fans watching Japan just to find every bad touch Kagawa makes so they can post and laugh about it. :lol It's pathetic.

Gambit

Juve doesnt make sense, they've already got Llorente... Chelsea or Spurs could've been perfect for him.

I think you got it right, Lewa is only a marginal improvement to Mandzukic :( and I'm not even sure whether he'll work as much as Mandzu does or what would happen if Mandzu starts ahead of him..

Yea, I am not sure Lewa really has the right character. His wish to change club every two-three years, his agents, ... he seems like a mercenary who is only in it for himself, whereas Gomez always put the club first.

Why the fuck would we want Gomez.

Ninja please

cause he is awesome. But yes, Chelsea would have made more sense.

pulga

Banned
Hey I'm not against criticism of him. Just find it funny with the obsession Madrid fans have over him because they all wanted him and pretend they didn't.

This is real, not fake, Pulga's last 20 posts, these are the ones NOT saying something about Neymar:

THREE posts out of TWENTY. TWENTY. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20. Out of that many posts. 3/20 :lolololol

Obsessed much? And then they are going to tell me they didn't want him LOOOOL.
Uhh..
Im the one who's obsessed? Lololol

Im stillllll waiting on a quote of my post history saying I want Neymar.

And of course Neymar was my main draw today. Is it so bad I just wanted to observe, once again, how clueless he is against real opposition?

He did not dissapoint me.

I think Bela Rethy reached a new low today. That is if there even was space to go lower.

Reading bild "exclusive" stories on TV, what a knobhead.

Is Napoli able to pay good cash, anywhere near the €10m Gomez earns right now?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I think Bela Rethy reached a new low today. That is if there even was space to go lower.

Reading bild "exclusive" stories on TV, what a knobhead.

Is Napoli able to pay good cash, anywhere near the €10m Gomez earns right now?

We have money but Gomez is shit

Watching Abi '_'

Roy Hodgson talking post match about how he was impressed with how Jones handled being played out of position, I really don't think he would play better than Rodwell or someone who actually knows how to play there

FootballFan

Uhh..
Im the one who's obsessed? Lololol

Im stillllll waiting on a quote of my post history saying I want Neymar.

And of course Neymar was my main draw today. Is it so bad I just wanted to observe, once again, how clueless he is against real opposition?

He did not dissapoint me.

You wanted him, you didn't get him, build a bridge because it's getting old.

Kaka has been at Madrid 4 years, done nothing, was older, on the decline, cost more, and he wasn't the most marketable player in the world. I never watched Madrid just to laugh at Kaka, because you know, that's kinda sad.

Ibra, Torres, Carroll, Kaka, etc those are terrible deals. Neymar deal is not close to those and you know it.

pulga

Banned
You wanted him, you didn't get him, build a bridge because it's getting old.

Kaka has been at Madrid 4 years, done nothing, was older, on the decline, cost more, and he wasn't the most marketable player in the world. I never watched Madrid just to laugh at Kaka, because you know, that's kinda sad.

Ibra, Torres, Carroll, Kaka, etc those are terrible deals. Neymar deal is not close to those and you know it.

But I didnt want him! Florentino does not equal Pulga.

Are you listening to yourself? Youve declared him a great buy and he hasnt even put the shirt on looooool

Plus no one needs to say Kaka is shit, Ive been calling him Madrid's biggest ever dupe.

Neymar cant cut it against real defenders, GTIYH.

Hargenx

The problem with Brazil is on the bench, there is no good coach on Brasil this days, we are fucked with Felipão/Parreira team-up!

But we still got one year, one year of Neymar learning in Barça, and Lucas getting better, and Oscar building up on PL I still got some hope...

Kyoufu

I don't get the Neymar hate.

He's obviously not going to tear the England defense apart. Who does? Not many.

He will destroy La Liga defenders though. Book it.

pulga

Banned
I don't get the Neymar hate.

He's obviously not going to tear the England defense apart. Who does? Not many.

He will destroy La Liga defenders though. Book it.

But La Liga is better than the EPL.

The other teams just look like shit because Barca and Madrid are monsters.

Terrible match. Got better in the second half.

Brazil look crap. England are worse.

Don't get the hype around Neymar. Oscar and Moura are far more exciting players to me.

But that's just my opinion.

Mascot

Probably discussed already, but whoever came up with the idea for those country-specific superimposed animated adverts around the pitch is a fucking asshole. Thank fuck the technology stopped working in the second half. The normal 'real' LED ones we get everywhere now are distracting enough but these new ones are enough to make me stop watching, especially when players run in front of them and start glitching everywhere with Sinclair Spectrum colour clash.

Plus, I hope the overall image quality improves before next year's World Cup. Tonight's Brazil/England game was like watching USA '94 all over again.

Kyoufu

But La Liga is better than the EPL.

The other teams just look like shit because Barca and Madrid are monsters.

Yeah, but he's going to play for Barca. He's not only going to improve with Barcelona's coaching but he also has Messi around him. They'll walk all over that league.

Clegg

So who are the potential superstars in the 19-23 age bracket?

Gotze
Neymar
Thiago
Isco
Wilshere
Hazard
Reus (only turned 24 last Friday)
Varane
De Gea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom