• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who are the potential superstars in the 19-23 age bracket?

Gotze
Neymar
Thiago
Isco
Wilshere
Hazard
Reus (only turned 24 last Friday)
Varane
De Gea
You'll end up with a really really long list.

But Oscar is better than Neymar, until now, IMO.

K1LLER7

Oscar will be brazil's main player. Chelsea have a star on their hands.

Brazil looked worse when they took him off.

Also, Hernanes should start.

subtles

The Allianz Arena is a beautiful stadium. I really like the lights that change depending on the home team playing. I remember John W Henry was there in 2011 looking for inspiration.

Allianzarenacombo.jpg

I'm surprised the Westfalenstadion has a larger capacity though......

Just go to the inbedwithmaradona blog, it has a list of the 100 brightest talents with a detailed analysis of each player.

Good stuff.

I heard Moyes keeps it under his pillow.

L1NETT

Drexler?
Maher?
Eriksen?

Haven't seen enough of these kids to really make an informed choice, maybe some of you who have could prove we wrong/right?

fuenf

I'm surprised the Westfalenstadion has a larger capacity though......

They are limited by the surrounding infrastructure and the fact that 1860 has to play in that stadium. But you shouldnt forget that Dortmund has a masive standing area, as an allseater the AA is already bigger than the Westfalenstadion.

fuenf

Muller is only 23?!?!

I feel like he's been around forever! Holy shit lol

He turns 24 in September. The 09 /10 season was his first complete season and ended with the CL final, the best young player award at the World Cup and the Golden Boot (as a 20 year old).

Imagine if he a certain Brazilian player had accolades like that... Football Fan wouldnt stop salivating about him, oh wait...

FootballFan

Gotze
Neymar
Thiago
Isco
Wilshere
Hazard
Varane
De Gea

El Sharaawy, Griezmann, Dzagoev, Deulofeu, Shaqiri, Gundogan, Moura, Verratti, Pogba... And maybe Insigne..maybe.

subtles

Drexler?
Maher?
Eriksen?

Haven't seen enough of these kids to really make an informed choice, maybe some of you who have could prove we wrong/right?

I know quite a few football fans who rate Draxler ahead of Gotze. Eriksen has kind of slowed down in his development but the talent is there. Maher.........Maher is an outrageous talent.

I've seen him play quite a bit, but it's the glowing reviews of dutch journalists (in comparison to Eriksen) that really make you hope he gets wider exposure. I remember City were chasing him earlier in the season, even though Eriksen was available.

Wes

venison crêpe

Gotze
Neymar
Thiago
Isco
Wilshere
Hazard
Varane
De Gea

Naymar
Bale
Gotze
Hazard
Lucas Moura
Oscar
Wilshere
Dzagoev
Balotelli
James
El Shaarawy
Alaba
Thiago
Lamela
Isco
Varane
Lukaku
Papadontpreachopulous
de Gea
Draxler
Eriksen
van Ginkel
Shaqiri
Courtois
The Ox
Heung-Min Son
Pogba
Coutinho
de Bruyne
Bernard
Bentekkers

fuenf

wait a minute, are we really talking about the best young players and nobody has mentioned Alaba yet? :-D (he turns 21 in June)

edit: ah Wes lists him but forgets Müller. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom