• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must not have watched Pearce's U21 sides when it comes to tournaments. He picks teams with no technique or guile and who shrivel up at the first sign of pressure. He basically picks our shittest players when it comes to tournys and has them playing hoofball.

That is smart since it prepares the players for potential playing time with the senior side with no need to adapt to new tactics.

fuenf

Chelsea has signed Schürrle.

According to the Express Völler and Mourinho struck a deal at the Ballack testimonial, Chelsea will pay 20m. Schürrle's Agent won't deny the report.

Attacking wise it is. Not the best defensive unit though.

yeah. it's because italian clubs don't really trust young defenders. the whole defensive unit are all inter players, and inter are really bad when it comes to giving youngsters a chance. so they have very little high level experience compared to the rest of the team.

the reason the midfield and attack are so hyped is because those guys were given a chance to show off and gain experience at club level.

i'm really happy that italian clubs have been relying on youth, but i just wish they would extend this to defenders. we did it with de sciglio and look what happened - he's on the senior team.

Phanta

yeah. it's because italian clubs don't really trust young defenders. the whole defensive unit are all inter players, and inter are really bad when it comes to giving youngsters a chance. so they have very little high level experience compared to the rest of the team.

the reason the midfield and attack are so hyped is because those guys were given a chance to show off and gain experience at club level.

i'm really happy that italian clubs have been relying on youth, but i just wish they would extend this to defenders. we did it with de sciglio and look what happened - he's on the senior team.

Yeah I agree. Unless the young defender is exceptionally talented he won't play. I think that has a lot to do with the tactical side of the game and it takes some time for most defenders to be good at it.

Plus it seems there is just more talented young attacking type players in this generation for whatever reason. I remember when Graziano Pelle was the most talented attacking U21 guy. lol

lol I was wondering why it wasn't updating on bet365, was trying to get in there and bet on a draw.
LLShC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom