• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

1. Xbone requires a internet connection. If you don't check in within 24 hours, your system is essentially locked.

2. You can not borrow or rent games.

3. You CAN trade your games to friends but they must be on your friends list and once you trade it, it gets tied to their account. You can only trade the game ONE time.

4. Publishers will have the ability to block you from selling/trading the game.

Oh, MS.

Any pc guys wanna help me find a decent gaming laptop that I can get in ireland/uk?

Bla?

kharma might be able to help out.

Edit: Nevermind.

@stighefootball 12m
Polish media are reporting Aleksandar Tonev to #AVFC done. Medical Fri morn, €3.2m up front, €0.5m dependent on appearances

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25863-1354830493-2.gif
Awesome. On to Belhanda! I saw a report saying he "chose" AVFC on some radio show. I wanna believe!

K1LLER7

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.

Okay now this i'm not happy with.

Pretty much means you have to be always online and your XBOX1 is only useful for 24 hours without a connection.

If you're looking down the line of PC gaming get a desktop and do it right would be my honest advice. You can get a reasonable PC together for not very much, it all just depends on what you want from it.
I concur. When I got my laptop it could run the likes of BF:BC2 well. Which was nice, but in reality gaming on it outside of my house was a pain. So just use my desktop, which is what it's for, and let the laptop do general crap.

kharma45

I concur. When I got my laptop it could run the likes of BF:BC2 well. Which was nice, but in reality gaming on it outside of my house was a pain. So just use my desktop, which is what it's for, and let the laptop do general crap.

I made the same mistake of trying to get a laptop that could game on reasonable money too, was a waste of time. When I come to replace it when it dies I'll be going for something like an ultrabook, something light with ace battery is all that really matters with laptops now. Oh, and a decent trackpad.

K1LLER7

I've got a feeling Sony will take a similar stance to MS regarding the used games, along with the buying and trading of games. The publishers are in a strong position and both Sony and MS will have to follow or else risk losing out to their rivals.

#VitaWiiUPCFuture

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
107 – Gonzalo Higuain has scored 107 goals since he joined La Liga: only Messi and C. Ronaldo have done better over the same period.

I still don't want him

I think I'll be skipping GT6 and getting Driveclub at launch. Sounds like fun, looks decent.
Not bad.

GT's shtick gets old quickly anyway.

I made the same mistake of trying to get a laptop that could game on reasonable money too, was a waste of time. When I come to replace it when it dies I'll be going for something like an ultrabook, something light with ace battery is all that really matters with laptops now. Oh, and a decent trackpad.
I was in Curry's the other day, terrible place that it is, and was looking around at the ultrabooks and they made me sad. They're everything I want, but can't afford, right now. My laptop, which is only a couple of years old is a brute compared to them. It's also nice that these manufacturers are starting to design machines that are actually nice, an effect brought on by the popularity of Apple I suspect.

I've got a feeling Sony will take a similar stance to MS regarding the used games, along with the buying and trading of games. The publishers are in a strong position and both Sony and MS will have to follow or else risk losing out to their rivals.

#VitaWiiUPCFuture
I'd say it's nailed on. If they weren't all ready planning to -- which I dare say they were -- MS have surely given publishers the power now. If Sony don't, it should be easy for publishers to force Sony's hand by withholding content, be it DLC or going exclusive.

K1LLER7

107 – Gonzalo Higuain has scored 107 goals since he joined La Liga: only Messi and C. Ronaldo have done better over the same period.

I still don't want him

You'll sign him and he'll lead you to CL glory.

Then you'll pull a FootballFan and say how you always wanted him :p

I think I'll be skipping GT6 and getting Driveclub at launch. Sounds like fun, looks decent.

http://abload.de/img/asjagj.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/av7xp4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I realise it's not a steering wheel game but if it is that would be amazing. Otherwise I'd enjoy it if they did semi-real physics for the controller like Most Wanted. I enjoyed that too!

kharma45

I was in Curry's the other day, terrible place that it is, and was looking around at the ultrabooks and they made me sad. They're everything I want, but can't afford, right now. My laptop, which is only a couple of years old is a brute compared to them. It's also nice that these manufacturers are starting to design machines that are actually nice, an effect brought on by the popularity of Apple I suspect.

Yeah for Windows based machines you have to thank Apple for pushing the design element of laptops forward. Looking at my laptop too, I've a fucking Blu-ray drive in it. Why.

Something like the Sony Vaio Pro 11 or the Asus Zenbook Infinity would be a wonderful change.

Can I carry my desktop to work?

Get both. Thin and light laptop for that and then a desktop for home. Best of both worlds and no compromises.

Carrying a gaming laptop to work would make you look like a bell end too, most are so garish.

Yen

I'll be looking a new laptop too soon. My current one ran absolutely terribly for about 8 months - if it wasn't plugged in, charging, then it would run so slowly that Youtube videos would stutter, for example - then for no reason one day it started working perfectly. Still, it's enough to know to stay well away from HP stuff.

Lunchtime/lazing off in work. Also I have not owned a desktop in around 8 years.

You really going to game at work? If not use your damn phone or any other device to browse GAF on. :p

All I know is that I ended up not liking a gaming laptop at at all, getting a proper desktop pc got me into pc gaming again though.

Lunchbox

Banned

#VitaWiiUPCFuture
if sony doesnt publishers will give MS alot of third party exclusive

people thinking the ps3 will be their savior are living in fantasy land and reality is gonna hit them hard in november

#gamingisdead

K1LLER7

I'd say it's nailed on. If they weren't all ready planning to -- which I dare say they were -- MS have surely given publishers the power now. If Sony don't, it should be easy for publishers to force Sony's hand by withholding content, be it DLC or going exclusive.

It's the approach to 'online 24 hour checks' and 'limited lending/borrowing games to friends' that puts me off. If the PS4 steers clear from this then i'll most likely buy one. I'm not too fussed with the trading of the games but I guess there are people out there who are.

Messi

You really going to game at work? If not use your damn phone or any other device to browse GAF on. :p

All I know is that I ended up not liking a gaming laptop at at all, getting a proper desktop pc got me into pc gaming again though.

I browse gaf on my phone, I would just like to play fifa/sims 2 on my break. shut up I know I shouldn't be playing sims.

spidye

http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebo...d0ed7e74e3a1f310VgnVCM5000009ccceb0aRCRD.html

Quick and dirty translation:

Edit: Fuck google, I can do that better with my basic Spanish skills lol:

I've seen the speculation. I explained him their philosophy. He'll adapt very well in Germany, I hope he'll make European football more beautiful. Now we wait for him. Although he is small, he'll do great for BVB. He'll like it.

looool
he even explained the philosophy.

well congrats on your second signing

Messi

Seems there is a new batch of juniors. I went into the welcome thread to see if anyone wanted to join us. No one has come in yet. :(

how-come-he-don-t-want-me-o.gif

Any of the lovely Danish Football GAF still up? I want to know the gist of what Okore is saying in this interview if possible: http://kanalsport.dk/indslag/okore-interessant-med-aston-villa

Says that the national team matches is a good stage to show himself off to other clubs. He then also claims that he hasn't been in contact with Aston Villa, despite showing up late for training with no explanation to the tv crew but with a national team coach that apparently accepted it, but that he thinks Aston Villa sounds interesting if they make a bid.

Lunchbox

Banned
I browse gaf on my phone, I would just like to play fifa/sims 2 on my break. shut up I know I shouldn't be playing sims.

where do you work that you can play games there?

at my firm they would pack up my office and tell me to fuck off if they see me doodling around while files are due.

Wes

venison crêpe
Says that the national team matches is a good stage to show himself off to other clubs. He then also claims that he hasn't been in contact with Aston Villa, despite showing up late for training with no explanation to the tv crew but with a national team coach that apparently accepted it, but that he thinks Aston Villa sounds interesting if they make a bid.

Tantalising! Thanks Wooden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom